Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " FABIO DA SILVA? "

Tue May 26, 2015 6:08 pm

C'mon let's build a team that exciting to watch and is hard for the opposition to play against.

Fabio in a 5-3-2 formation would be the first name on the team sheet as an attacking wing back, however if slade sticks with the 4-4-2 then I'm afraid we would need to cash him in.

Tue May 26, 2015 6:41 pm

I don't think he will be staying he will another victim in the cost cutting and he is hot and cold defender in my opinion.

Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 pm

I think Fabio is a very good player. How he wasn't first choice every game last season I don't know.

At 25k though I think it's to much In my opion.

Jury is out on malone but he doesn't fill me with confidence.

John no where near up to it for me.

Tue May 26, 2015 7:00 pm

Very disappointing. Needs to be played as a wing back in a 3-5-2 formation, as with a 4-4-2 there is no one to protect him ( or take the blame) from his diabolical defensive mistakes.

He barely showed he was worth £250,000 last season. His (supposed) class should shine out at Championship level, but the only memorable thing about his play last season was his ability to make defensive mistakes. As an example, he was within 3 yards of every goalscorer when we lost 3-0 at home to Bolton.

I really hope he shows some of the potential that he showed at the end of our Premier League season, but I fear he won't. If someone was stupid enough to pay £2.5 million for him I'd snap their hand off.

:sladein:

Tue May 26, 2015 7:03 pm

I would KEEP Fabio. So what about other players we have conceded 61 championship goals I have not got a clue how many cup game goals conceded but if Fabio is only to blame for 6 of them so what..so who's to blame for the rest of them then.? I think he has made far more crucial goal line clearances and tackles which totally outnumber those figures anyway.
Fabio for me has got more passion and fight than most of the team all together and get most of the fans going with his fiery temperament.. :bluescarf:

Tue May 26, 2015 7:50 pm

Sell defo.

Good - he is quick
Bad - positionally poor, weak in the tackle, awful temperament, poor in the air, no end product, rarely scores, makes silly mistakes, haircut

Tue May 26, 2015 8:16 pm

I would keep him always gives 100% :bluescarf:

Tue May 26, 2015 8:17 pm

I would keep him always gives 100% :bluescarf:

Wed May 27, 2015 9:10 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:C'mon let's build a team that exciting to watch and is hard for the opposition to play against.

Fabio in a 5-3-2 formation would be the first name on the team sheet as an attacking wing back, however if slade sticks with the 4-4-2 then I'm afraid we would need to cash him in.

An exciting team to watch that sounds good to me :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed May 27, 2015 9:10 am

Mixed comments,from keeping Fabio,to to many mistakes to selling him.

Wed May 27, 2015 6:33 pm

Probably cost us more than six goals clueless defender

Wed May 27, 2015 6:35 pm

Fabio looks surprisingly passionate when I seen him play. What the f**k Slade is on about I'll never know. Very good defender should be a wing back not full back.