Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play off final trophy

Mon May 25, 2015 11:30 pm

What a joke having a trophy for winning a play off game. All it does is rub more salt into the wounds of the defeated team. Going up is the reward, go over and thank / celebrate with your fans. Why make the other team sit there and watch a pseudo trophy being awarded? :old:

Re: Play off final trophy

Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 pm

It does seem a bit silly, especially as the team who finish 2nd above the play offs get f**k all

Tue May 26, 2015 12:02 am

JonCCFC wrote:It does seem a bit silly, especially as the team who finish 2nd above the play offs get f**k all

Sometimes they do Burnley got one.

34e53aa5-ef2a-4882-90ed-c9c12cbc17fb-460x276.jpg
FIL-BURNLEY-IPSWICH-049.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 26, 2015 2:10 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:It does seem a bit silly, especially as the team who finish 2nd above the play offs get f**k all

Sometimes they do Burnley got one.

34e53aa5-ef2a-4882-90ed-c9c12cbc17fb-460x276.jpg
FIL-BURNLEY-IPSWICH-049.jpg

Didn't even know that to be fair!

Tue May 26, 2015 4:04 am

If nothing else, it makes great TV for the non-attending masses! ;)

Tue May 26, 2015 7:49 am

I think there should be a trophy but the Champiosnhip play off, league one title, league one play off, league two title and league two play off are al the same trophy. Should be individual.

Team that finished 2nd should get some sort of shield rather than a trophy similar to tennis.

Tue May 26, 2015 11:32 am

Good point,I also preferred the play - offs when there was one team from prem and only 3 from the championship!

Tue May 26, 2015 7:31 pm

RFMH wrote:I think there should be a trophy but the Champiosnhip play off, league one title, league one play off, league two title and league two play off are al the same trophy. Should be individual.

Team that finished 2nd should get some sort of shield rather than a trophy similar to tennis.

The championship trophy is the old division one trophy I.e the one that Liverpool lifted 18 times!

Tue May 26, 2015 7:32 pm

When we won it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue May 26, 2015 7:34 pm

Liverpool

Wed May 27, 2015 12:20 am

thomas9990 wrote:Liverpool

Yeah which is why I didn't mention it in the list :?

The fact that the Championship title is individual and has prestige and history is the best part about winning the thing makes it mean something.

Winning League One is great and all and good on Bristol for the way they did it but lifting the same chunk of metal that 5 other teams are lifting and was designed by npower Takes the edge off.

Wed May 27, 2015 1:56 pm

Ohh I see

Wed May 27, 2015 6:49 pm

At the end of the day its a cup final - why not?!?