Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TAFFS WELL....

Mon May 25, 2015 7:30 pm

Anyone know what it's like to live? I'm looking at a few houses there and just wanted to gauge the opinions of the area really. Location seems brilliant, houses not cheap but any advice would be welcome!

Re: TAFFS WELL....

Mon May 25, 2015 8:05 pm

Welsh league footy, plenty of restaurants, pubs and takeaways. Lots of factories, on the Taff trail, good walks up Garth and Castle Coch.
Good location for Ponty, Cardiff and Caerphilly.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:31 pm

I live just on the other side of the river in Gwaelod Y Garth.

It's decent mate, plenty of pubs, good traffic routes and train station local, a few industrial estates but not close enough to the houses to have any eyesore effects. Stay away from houses in Ty Rhiw, it's probably the roughest area in Taffs Well.

Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 pm

Mardon89 wrote:I live just on the other side of the river in Gwaelod Y Garth.

It's decent mate, plenty of pubs, good traffic routes and train station local, a few industrial estates but not close enough to the houses to have any eyesore effects. Stay away from houses in Ty Rhiw, it's probably the roughest area in Taffs Well.

Thanks mate appreciate that. I was looking around Glan Y Ffordd, do you know what that's like?

Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Hiya mate

Been living in taffswell all my life (25 years old) really nice area where most parts are quiet!!
There are a few pubs and take aways which is always nice!! Has a train station to get to cardiff or pointy and
Busses where you can get to pointy cardiff and Caerphilly!! There's two schools that u can choose from either a Welsh or English school!! Where to in taffswell have you been looking?? The house i live is currently up for sale :)!!

Don't go to ty rhiw as the guy says it's rough but it's not part of taffswell in my eyes! If you want to know anything gimme a pm or write back

Regards ashley

Tue May 26, 2015 12:22 am

JamieCCFC90 wrote:Anyone know what it's like to live? I'm looking at a few houses there and just wanted to gauge the opinions of the area really. Location seems brilliant, houses not cheap but any advice would be welcome!

My (late) wife was from staffs Well (her dad was the village shop keeper) and we lived there (Hillside area) for a little while after getting married. It's a good place to live and very friendly. The road and rail links have improved immensely in recent years and the disturbance from the industrial area has also diminished now they have the new link road

Good football club, rugby club and the Ex-Serviceman's club and pubs are pretty good too! :thumbup:

Tue May 26, 2015 4:47 am

city-til-i-die wrote:Hiya mate

Been living in taffswell all my life (25 years old) really nice area where most parts are quiet!!
There are a few pubs and take aways which is always nice!! Has a train station to get to cardiff or pointy and
Busses where you can get to pointy cardiff and Caerphilly!! There's two schools that u can choose from either a Welsh or English school!! Where to in taffswell have you been looking?? The house i live is currently up for sale :)!!

Don't go to ty rhiw as the guy says it's rough but it's not part of taffswell in my eyes! If you want to know anything gimme a pm or write back

Regards ashley

Thanks Ashley much appreciated. Looking at Glan Y Ffordd, I work in Newport and misses in cathays so it's absolutely ideal for us. It looks nice enough there but just wondered on opinions really. Always heard good things about Taffs Well mind.....

Tue May 26, 2015 4:58 am

Sven wrote:
JamieCCFC90 wrote:Anyone know what it's like to live? I'm looking at a few houses there and just wanted to gauge the opinions of the area really. Location seems brilliant, houses not cheap but any advice would be welcome!

My (late) wife was from staffs Well (her dad was the village shop keeper) and we lived there (Hillside area) for a little while after getting married. It's a good place to live and very friendly. The road and rail links have improved immensely in recent years and the disturbance from the industrial area has also diminished now they have the new link road

Good football club, rugby club and the Ex-Serviceman's club and pubs are pretty good too! :thumbup:

Thanks for the info mate. I'm looking at near the football club actually, Glan Y Ffordd, it looks nice and the area seems perfect - which is why I'm thinking where's the catch lol

Tue May 26, 2015 5:24 am

I was born and bred in Taffs Well and as has been mentioned its a lovely little village, there's no catch lol you get idiots ( mainly in ty rhiw ) but you get them anywhere in life, I've lived away for several yrs and the people moving there now tend to be people who commute to Cardiff. Most of the pubs are friendly and I'm considering moving back myself eventually. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

Tue May 26, 2015 6:47 am

try Pentyrch, it is much nicer....football, rugby, tennis, cricket, bowls, pubs, village life, village shop,

and my house for sale too....!

Tue May 26, 2015 6:53 am

Good. I've been worried about him.

Tue May 26, 2015 7:03 am

JamieCCFC90 wrote:
Sven wrote:

Thanks for the info mate. I'm looking at near the football club actually, Glan Y Ffordd, it looks nice and the area seems perfect - which is why I'm thinking where's the catch lol

I live by football club!! And I know that there are two houses for sale there!! Mine (renting) and another's we are friendly with (better shape house) there's also a house for rent in number 4!! Really nice place!! And I would say it's one of the quietest if not the quietest part of taffswell!!

Tue May 26, 2015 7:08 am

I moved to Taffs Well 5 years ago and now would not live anywhere else, cracking place people are friendly, decent pubs, 2 chinese & an indian

Transport links are tops, 6 trains & buses an hour into town

The football club is tops too, I watch them on a regular basis

Tue May 26, 2015 9:34 am

"Taffs Well"

Didn't know he was sick to be honest :digging2:

Tue May 26, 2015 3:50 pm

city-til-i-die wrote:
JamieCCFC90 wrote:
Sven wrote:

I live by football club!! And I know that there are two houses for sale there!! Mine (renting) and another's we are friendly with (better shape house) there's also a house for rent in number 4!! Really nice place!! And I would say it's one of the quietest if not the quietest part of taffswell!!

That's great what I wanted to hear, the peace really for the misses, so in return I get some peace lol it looks a nice area, that whole street looks really nice in fairness. Appreciate the help mate, and never know, could be asking about your house lol

Love the Taffs 'well' jokes too - simple ones are definitely the best!

Tue May 26, 2015 8:28 pm

Lived there my self mate as well , good crack , nantgarw better tho !

Tue May 26, 2015 8:29 pm

Hi sven , which shop did he run ?

Tue May 26, 2015 11:30 pm

JamieCCFC90 wrote:
Sven wrote:

No catch, to be honest!

Glan-Y-Fford has some nice houses and a clear outlook to the Garth Mountain (the actual 'mountain' referred to in the film 'The Man Who Went Up a Hill and Came Down a Mountain") and no real noise issues from the A470 :thumbup: