Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

June 1st Transfers

Mon May 25, 2015 10:08 am

I think its normal that many contracts end or begin on June 1st and that is why its been pretty slow in the transfer market to date...players, managers, club staff will have a month off and if teams are in the play offs it gets even more drawn out.

I would expect a lot of activity next month and July both in and out of Cardiff...hope its decent for us although there is likely to be a pretty changed squad come kick off in August.

I am looking forward to the new season and hope that the team plays with plenty of guts and determination whoever puts on the shirt...I think the main priority for the club is to sign some players who can be captains in different areas of the pitch...leaders are essential if we are to have a good season.

Re: June 1st Transfers

Mon May 25, 2015 10:18 am

Agree with this, if we can be competitive while moving on the high earners il be happy. I don't think we will make the play offs under Slade but I'm more than happy for him to be here while we balance the books to make our future more manageable

Mon May 25, 2015 10:54 am

We certainly need more balance. Things have improved in that respect under Slade. I've actually liked a lot of the signings Slade has made. He's simply not utilized them in the best way. I'm keen to see more of Doyle and Kennedy next season. I'd also like to see Declan John back in the fold.

I've got to be honest, I'm very excited right now. Last season was always going to be tough. Not many teams enjoy success after relegation from the Premier League. I feel things are stabilising and if we can make the right signings then we can take another step in the right direction on the road to recovery.

Am I convinced by Slade? Not really but he's our manager and I will be willing him to succeed until he is not our manager.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:29 am

Nice to see some positivity.
I reckon Slade still has a lot of work to do in order to trim the wage bill. A lot of the loan players will need to be moved on for a start.
Even then our squad is still strong and with the long term injured coming back, plus a few more decent signings we could challenge.
In terms of leaders, we are getting there. We've now got Marshall, Turner, Peltier and Gunnarrson. One more would help, but I'd like to see some pace and players who pass and move brought in.

Tue May 26, 2015 3:36 am

I think getting some pace and flair in the team is critical. Our end of season away form showed we can be hard to beat but crikey we were so one paced and boring.