' KENWYNE JONES ? '

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' KENWYNE JONES ? '

Postby carlccfc » Mon May 25, 2015 6:36 am

' Kenwyne Jones '

The 30 year old Jones scored 13 Goals in total for City last season.

11 Goals in the league before being loaned out, so every possibility that he could have taken his tally higher.

2 goals in the cup competitions also.

Top scorer in the squad, yes his wages are high but he is a goal scorer and the best one we got.

If we were to keep just a few high earners, Jones would be high on my list.

I believe Jones offers more than Macheda, Revell or Doyle, especially as the target man, he was one of our best defenders at set pieces too.

Jones has been labeled as lazy by many but there was evidence last season where he was up for the fight.

This was a season where our strikers didn't have the best of service either.
NEATH BLUES

My Daughter was the first ever mascot at Cardiff City Stadium --->
carlccfc

' KENWYNE JONES ? '

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: ' KENWYNE JONES ? '

Postby KBK-13 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 am

The quicker he goes the better. 45k a week to play championship football is a piss take. Give me Doyle on 8k a week any day.

How do you get tidy service to a statue?
KBK-13

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon May 25, 2015 8:04 am

Without a doubt our best striker last season but without a doubt not worth near 45k a week. If we can move him on we must.
2blue2handle

Postby Zabier » Mon May 25, 2015 8:23 am

2blue2handle wrote:Without a doubt our best striker last season but without a doubt not worth near 45k a week. If we can move him on we must.

Exactly, if we were having this discussion if he was on £15k per week then I'd say we keep him but not on his wages. Still amazed we signed him on those wages.
Zabier

Postby theclaw » Mon May 25, 2015 8:57 am

2blue2handle wrote:Without a doubt our best striker last season but without a doubt not worth near 45k a week. If we can move him on we must.

spot on
theclaw

Postby Bakedalasker » Mon May 25, 2015 9:12 am

Personally I feel his signing was a sign of how things were getting out of control.

£37K on a 3 year contract to a team fighting relegation was it not. That is a mighty risk to take on. I can't believe Tan was innocent of this but knew exactly the risk. This is one big lesson Tan has learn't hence why we are going down the heap options.

Jones is someone I would like to keep but I' not even considering it, well not at that price.
Bakedalasker

Postby RICK+CCFC » Mon May 25, 2015 9:16 am

Zabier wrote:

Exactly, if we were having this discussion if he was on £15k per week then I'd say we keep him but not on his wages. Still amazed we signed him on those wages.

He was a swop, with Peter Odemwingie going to Stoke, in the January, just after OGS arrived. I thought it a strange one at the time,,,& I wonder how much wages PO was on when with us???
RICK+CCFC

Postby Lanwood » Mon May 25, 2015 9:45 am

carlccfc wrote:' Kenwyne Jones '

11 Goals in the league before being loaned out, so every possibility that he could have taken his tally higher.

Top scorer in the squad, yes his wages are high but he is a goal scorer and the best one we got.

I believe Jones offers more than Macheda, Revell or Doyle, especially as the target man, he was one of our best defenders at set pieces too.

We did very well without him so I say get rid and replace him with younger,quicker and cheaper options!

Jones has been labeled as lazy by many but there was evidence last season where he was up for the fight.

Lanwood

Postby Lanwood » Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 am

We did well without him so I say get rid and replace him with younger, quicker and cheaper options!
Lanwood

Postby boyo1927 » Mon May 25, 2015 9:49 am

We need rid of him purely on his wages of 40k or whatever. We need most of high earners gone. Re group. I would.keep Marshall as our only highly paid player. He wants to be here too
boyo1927

Postby mugsy » Mon May 25, 2015 11:09 am

Get rid!
mugsy

Postby SwampCCFC » Mon May 25, 2015 11:49 am

he was by some margin our best player, but with cost cutting, you have to look at the contribution in relation to the price. letting players like him go and replacing with lesser players like revell on a larger scale means the best we can realistically hope for is mid table. but it means the books will be balanced i suppose…….
SwampCCFC

Postby BlueSince1908 » Mon May 25, 2015 2:38 pm

Only good at heading the ball, passing is awful and he ruins any kind of attacking philosophy, on high wages. Get rid
BlueSince1908

Postby Rydogsccfc » Mon May 25, 2015 2:46 pm

mugsy wrote:Get rid!

Agree.
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Postby drivingblue » Mon May 25, 2015 4:48 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Agree.

don't agree - best striker we got, :sladeout:
drivingblue

Postby bluebird58 » Mon May 25, 2015 6:34 pm

No one else is going to pay him that much. Those are Premier League wages for a Championship player. Let's see if he can help get us promoted,then offer him a new contract as a bonus!

:sladein:
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby Scandinavianbluebird » Mon May 25, 2015 7:49 pm

Of all the speculation on players wages Jones is the closest we get to knowing the truth. What was reported was straight swap from Odemwingie and 37k wages on Jones, not 45k. Pure desperation signing as Diuf (Stoke) signing fell through. Feck me we where close to signing him. Replacement signing for him fell through, and we suffered. No players is worth that much in the championship. But why isn't players offered new contracts to suit the budgets for a campaign, with some promotion clauses?
If not interested, THEN move them on. Jones is the best impact player in the league no doubt.
Scandinavianbluebird

Postby BlueVanman » Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:

Agree.

Cant stand the style of play with Kenwyne, it's a 'bye bye' :wave: from me also :bluescarf:
BlueVanman

Postby moonboots » Mon May 25, 2015 11:05 pm

Surely clubs write relegation clauses into players contracts....especially relegation from the Premier League !! I thought this was common practice. Talk about amateurs.
moonboots

Postby Martyn1963 » Tue May 26, 2015 6:47 am

Ive heared that Jones had a contract clause stating that if he played a certain amount of games for City then he would get a new contract extension , guessing that time was close and hence his departure to Bournemouth on loan ??
Martyn1963

Return to General Chat