Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Vincent Tan go and get him "

Mon May 25, 2015 6:06 am

" Vincent Tan go and get him "

" Sam Allardyce "

Was manager at Bolton and got them promoted and was very very successful,he left a year later relegated never recovered.

Was manager at Newcastle,did ok and they sacked him, they later were relegated.

Was manager at Blackburn,they were doing ok in the Premier League,was sacked,later they were relegated, never recovered.

At West Ham he has won promotion with them,got them settled in the Premier League,theyve turned on him fans and board,he has left watch out West Ham,next season Hmmm ?

Sam Allardyce has done well everywhere he has gone :thumbright: :thumbright:

Straight talking manager,who can handle pressure and most of all take Cardiff City up :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vincent Tan go and get Sam Allardyce :thumbright: :thumbright:

Re: " Vincent Tan go and get him "

Mon May 25, 2015 6:26 am

After 5mins the fans would be on his back if he didn't get instant success,also,I think he would demand a big budget than Tan is willing to give at the moment.

Mon May 25, 2015 6:30 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:After 5mins the fans would be on his back if he didn't get instant success,also,I think he would demand a big budget than Tan is willing to give at the moment.

Because he has been there and done it,I honestly think the fans would be patient.
Slade because he has achieved nothing and many see him as yes man, fans were not prepared to be patient.
Any good manager would want some money.
He would be no yes man and if We/Tan want to go back to the Premier League, in my opinion he is our man :thumbright: :thumbright:

Mon May 25, 2015 6:45 am

You don't get sacked, from a position of strength, so many times, without there being some issues with him. So many clubs can't all be wrong.

With that in mind, no way will him and Tan get on.

Anyway we have a manager. Isn't he taking a break from management anyway? Director of Football perhaps?

Mon May 25, 2015 6:49 am

Forever Blue wrote:Many see (Slade) as a yes man, fans were not prepared to be patient. .....(Sam) would be no yes man and if We/Tan want to go back to the Premier League, in my opinion he is our man :thumbright: :thumbright:

If he is not a yes man why would Tan employ him if that is the type of manager Tan wants.

Mon May 25, 2015 6:50 am

Unfortunately there is no prospect of him coming here, he was in the top ten highest paid managers in the world, so I would imagine that he would only be interested in managing a premier league team who are the only ones who could afford him.

Mon May 25, 2015 7:09 am

Unfortunately it won't happen as Tan Won't get rid of Slade.

Mon May 25, 2015 7:57 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Sneggyblubird wrote:After 5mins the fans would be on his back if he didn't get instant success,also,I think he would demand a big budget than Tan is willing to give at the moment.

Because he has been there and done it,I honestly think the fans would be patient.
Slade because he has achieved nothing and many see him as yes man, fans were not prepared to be patient.
He would be no yes man and if We/Tan want to go back to the Premier League, in my opinion he is our man :thumbright: :thumbright:

Spot on annis fans would be prepared to wait as they know he's a Orem quality manager and the best we could dream of,this should be tans priority but as stated above his budget would be too big for tan imo,but on the other hand with money going up so much from next yr maybe tan can back the right man instead of the wrong one and take us up so we get a slice of the cash

Mon May 25, 2015 8:11 am

People can't keep saying they want Tan out and having constant digs then expect him to finance a manager like Big Sam.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:

You might be right but its all a pipe dream anyway.Even if we were in the market for new manager I don't think he would come here anyway.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:20 am

He's cut from the same cloth as Tony Pulis and Mick McCarthy. No chance will Tan go for him. He's done ok wherever he has gone but he's never achieved huge levels of success. He can make any team mediocre. He even needed the playoffs to get that ridiculously talented West Ham side out of the Championship. I wouldn't object to us hiring him but certainly not a manager I'd go out of my way to get.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:34 am

Klopp is also available, Ancelotti too. If we keep Slade another year Guardiola might be free. Brendan Rodgers might also be free soon.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:54 am

You watch Hull make a move for him soon!!

Mon May 25, 2015 9:27 am

Will never happen.nit only does he want a break from football, as if he would come to our mad house with Tan in charge. Besides he was always on a harrods salary at West Ham, we only pay home bargains now. I doubt any half decent manager would bother coming to Cardiff now.

Mon May 25, 2015 9:52 am

It's not going to happen. I would take him for sure but let's be realistic. Slade.is here so we need to reluctantly accept this and back him at the start of the season.

Mon May 25, 2015 10:32 am

2 teams today playing for £120,000,000 pay day! 2 other teams already there, all of them with squads that were no better than ours, but all playing better football! If Mr. Tan can wake up he will realise that there is only 1 place to be; the Premier league, simple...
On December 6th Russel Slade was 2 points off the playoffs, but sent his team out to play negative, defensive, do not lose football and kept that approach until now! (even though occasionally some of our quality players out of frustration, showed some flair!) He doesn't show any signs of learning or changing and I'm sure we won't get relegated next season but we have no chance of making the top 6. At least there will be a lot more space in the stadium to do a "nukes"
Mr. Tan IT IS NOT TOO LATE Do the right thing and maybe, just maybe, you can get your money back.
:sladeout:

Mon May 25, 2015 10:59 am

Sam has contacts and would attract a different type of player than Slade could dream of.
Won't happen though.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:17 am

2blue2handle wrote:People can't keep saying they want Tan out and having constant digs then expect him to finance a manager like Big Sam.

Careful. Annis will be on soon calling you a Tan supporter then Santa Ponsa Blue will be on saying exactly what Annis said.

:digging2:

Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 am

Forever Blue wrote:" Vincent Tan go and get him "

" Sam Allardyce "

Was manager at Bolton and got them promoted and was very very successful,he left a year later relegated never recovered.

Was manager at Newcastle,did ok and they sacked him, they later were relegated.

Was manager at Blackburn,they were doing ok in the Premier League,was sacked,later they were relegated, never recovered.

At West Ham he has won promotion with them,got them settled in the Premier League,theyve turned on him fans and board,he has left watch out West Ham,next season Hmmm ?

Sam Allardyce has done well everywhere he has gone :thumbright: :thumbright:

Straight talking manager,who can handle pressure and most of all take Cardiff City up :thumbright: :thumbright:

Vincent Tan go and get Sam Allardyce :thumbright: :thumbright:

he would command a £1.5m plus salary.

in addition he wouldn't bother talking to a club like us who don't have a chance of going up unless there is a decent level of investment.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:41 am

maccydee wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:People can't keep saying they want Tan out and having constant digs then expect him to finance a manager like Big Sam.

Careful. Annis will be on soon calling you a Tan supporter then Santa Ponsa Blue will be on saying exactly what Annis said.

You need to grow up Neil continually picking on a 17 year old I thought you were better than that .

Mon May 25, 2015 11:45 am

Wayne S wrote:You don't get sacked, from a position of strength, so many times, without there being some issues with him. So many clubs can't all be wrong.

With that in mind, no way will him and Tan get on.

Anyway we have a manager. Isn't he taking a break from management anyway? Director of Football perhaps?

Wayne,Allardyce has gets the job done he is asked to do, in fact he has done a fantastic job with mediocre clubs like Bolton and Blackburn made them very competive clubs.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:47 am

It will never happen but would love it. You now what you get with Big Sam and I honestly believe the fans would give him time unlike the useless prick :sladeout:

Mon May 25, 2015 11:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
maccydee wrote:

You need to grow up Neil continually picking on a 17 year old I thought you were better than that .

Hardly picking on him Annis. Plus he gives easily as good as he gets.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:51 am

Quakerman wrote:Unfortunately there is no prospect of him coming here, he was in the top ten highest paid managers in the world, so I would imagine that he would only be interested in managing a premier league team who are the only ones who could afford him.

If Tan used his brain we would of had Tony Pulis, I wish he would now see another great opportunity and swallow his pride and go for it :thumbright:

Mon May 25, 2015 11:55 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Quakerman wrote:Unfortunately there is no prospect of him coming here, he was in the top ten highest paid managers in the world, so I would imagine that he would only be interested in managing a premier league team who are the only ones who could afford him.

If Tan used his brain we would of had Tony Pulis, I wish he would now see another great opportunity and swallow his pride and go for it :thumbright:

just my personal opinion but pulis just played the media there, i think when push came to shove he would have seen the situation for what it is i.e. a struggling championship club with a crackpot owner, or west brom, where he has ended up. a stable premier league team, and no doubt much a better contract.

if i was allardyce i wouldn't touch cardiff city with a bargepole. there will be much better clubs willing to give him a chance.

he can take 6 months off and wait for the sacking season in the PL. its a no brainer really.

Mon May 25, 2015 12:05 pm

Id like to see a young up and coming manager instead. A modern football manager that can take the club back to the PL and keep us there.

Mon May 25, 2015 12:15 pm

No credible manager will come and work under Tan unless he offers them a ridiculous sum of money and that isn't happening. If Slade gets sacked he'll probably be replaced by Tan's fourth cousin or something.

Mon May 25, 2015 12:30 pm

Would love to see him as our manager, but it's very unlikely to ever happen.

Mon May 25, 2015 1:29 pm

Agree with Annis here. £1.5m salary. For me thats a big so what. Works out at £30k per week. Take Kenwynne off the payroll and put Big Sam on it. SIMPLES!

Mon May 25, 2015 1:55 pm

We are cost-cutting, what is to get?

Allardyce would only come here if we were in the PL, Sam would want big wages with big players on big wages,