Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" EOIN DOYLE? "

Mon May 25, 2015 6:03 am

" EOIN DOYLE? "

Aged 27

Russell Slade signed Doyle from Chesterfield half way through Cardiff's season.

This was Doyle's first ever season in the Championship 5 goals(incl 2 penalties) in 16 appearances(incl 5 Sub).

Doyle was a big hit for Chesterfield, making 84 appearances and scoring 38 goals in the process.

No club ever came in with a firm bid for Doyle other than Cardiff City, Slade was prepared to give Doyle his chance.

Approx on £8,000 plus a week.

Doyle is a hard working/honest striker.

Opinions ?

Should Doyle be first choice striker next season?

Is Doyle a Championship striker?

Are you happy with him so far?

Re: " EOIN DOYLE? "

Mon May 25, 2015 6:34 am

Yes, Yes, and Yes to all three, at least give him a go unless we get in a proven striker :laughing6: oh wait a minute didn't we do that last season with Lefondre :thumbup:

Mon May 25, 2015 6:47 am

Yes
Yes
Yes

Mon May 25, 2015 7:57 am

He certainly has the ability to play in the championship in my opinion we are very unlikely to get promoted without
One or two big game changing players would he work well with another prolific striker?

Mon May 25, 2015 8:00 am

Has to start,whether ppl think he looks the part or not some players have a knack for being in the right place and being able to put the ball in the net and eoin is one of them type of players in my opinion

Mon May 25, 2015 8:04 am

I'm not convinced he'll get enough goals or that he's good enough but he's got to be given a chance & played from the start.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:07 am

I don't understand why he wasn't given more of a chance after we signed him. Slade played him a couple of games and them didn't play him really until the game where we had 3 injuries upfront. then towards the end of the season when we only had doyle and mason

I like him though, low wages, gets goals and works hard. I don't think he will be more than a squad player.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:22 am

Definitely our starting striker for next season. Already shown huge amounts of improvement in just the six months he's been with us. A proper Championship-level pre-season and he'll be even sharper come August. Just needs a decent strike partner up top with him. Not sure Revell or even Mason are those men.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:22 am

2blue2handle wrote:I don't understand why he wasn't given more of a chance after we signed him. Slade played him a couple of games and them didn't play him really until the game where we had 3 injuries upfront. then towards the end of the season when we only had doyle and mason

I like him though, low wages, gets goals and works hard. I don't think he will be more than a squad player.

Because it's Slade?

Mon May 25, 2015 8:50 am

Why not.

He will do for the Championship and hopefully get the goals to make us push on. I questioned his ability at first but then he started to tuck the goal away. That was due to the fact the team were tarting to gell. I have this feeling the season came to an end too soon for us. A good pre-season producing fit players and I just feel he will benefit from it the most than any other player.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:51 am

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I don't understand why he wasn't given more of a chance after we signed him. Slade played him a couple of games and them didn't play him really until the game where we had 3 injuries upfront. then towards the end of the season when we only had doyle and mason

Because it's Slade?

All Lukes posts are anti-Slade regardless of the subject. :lol:

Mon May 25, 2015 8:54 am

Bakedalasker wrote:

Because it's Slade?

That's because most of his decisions are the problem.

slade had a great chance towards the end of the season to try some new things out but didn't. But hey at least we know what whitts ans gunnar can do in central midfield.

Mon May 25, 2015 9:10 am

I think he would have buried some of the chances ALF missed last season :o

Mon May 25, 2015 9:19 am

theclaw wrote:I think he would have buried some of the chances ALF missed last season :o

Yes fully agree with that ^^^^. Bit of confidence pre season get a few goals could see him fully settled and maybe do what callum wilson has done this season. WE CAN HOPE. :ayatollah:

Mon May 25, 2015 9:47 am

Yes Doyle is a goalscorer and we must back him. A full season he will get a minimum 15 goals. Let him take pens not whitts

Mon May 25, 2015 10:05 am

Don't really have anyone else, at the moment, do we?

Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:" EOIN DOYLE? "

Aged 27

Russell Slade signed Doyle from Chesterfield half way through Cardiff's season.

This was Doyle's first ever season in the Championship 5 goals(incl 2 penalties) in 16 appearances(incl 5 Sub).

Doyle was a big hit for Chesterfield, making 84 appearances and scoring 38 goals in the process.

No club ever came in with a firm bid for Doyle other than Cardiff City, Slade was prepared to give Doyle his chance.

Approx on £8,000 plus a week.
He seems to have a good understanding with Mason.I think they will make a deadly duo.

Doyle is a hard working/honest striker.

Opinions ?

Should Doyle be first choice striker next season?

Is Doyle a Championship striker?

Are you happy with him so far?

Mon May 25, 2015 10:35 am

In my opinion Doyle is a far better striker than both Mason and Revel and has to start next season

Mon May 25, 2015 10:39 am

Keep and start Doyle, sell Revel.

Mon May 25, 2015 10:44 am

Being a Goal scorer must be the best or worst job in the World!
What could be better than plying your trade with fellow talented team mates, in a fantastic stadium, surrounded by adoring passionate fans playing a style of football that you believe in!
One of the above statements is incorrect and it seems to have "buggered" up all of our talented previous and past strikers .
Of course the answer is the bleeding obvious!!

Mon May 25, 2015 1:37 pm

100% should be our first choice striker.

Mon May 25, 2015 1:48 pm

From what I saw of him I think he may get us 10 to 12 goals next season. I can't see him being a prolific scorer at this level, and definitely not a 20 goal a season striker in the championship. Seems to lack a bit of pace, but hopefully will score enough to keep us well out of the relegation struggle.

Mon May 25, 2015 1:52 pm

Was scoring goals when he was finally given a chance in the side, just need to find him a good striking partner, on only £8k a week, shows that we can get value for money

Mon May 25, 2015 2:01 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:

Because it's Slade?

I know mate & I tend to agree with most of them!

Mon May 25, 2015 2:09 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:Was scoring goals when he was finally given a chance in the side, just need to find him a good striking partner, on only £8k a week, shows that we can get value for money

He only scored 3 from open play!!
Saying that, I believe he should be given a run in the side.

Mon May 25, 2015 2:41 pm

I think he will become a bit of a star next season. :thumbright:

Mon May 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Jury's out at the moment and he could go either way.

Certainly shown some promise but I'm still worried about whether Slade will play to his strengths or he could turn out to be another Le Fondre.