Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" New season, new songs, new ideas "

Sun May 24, 2015 7:06 pm

Every year the same thread comes up and debate is had over unique songs associated with clubs however each club has their own twist on certain chants. I love singing city songs but we need more upbeat easy lyrics to get the CCS bouncing, "we'll always be blue and I'll be there are old favourites but I hope there is some of you agree.

Altering celtics version I think this would be a great one for us to adopt

Every time I see you Cardiff, I go out of my head,
I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough,

I cannot wait for Saturday's, to see my bluebirds play
I just can't get enough, I just can't get enough

Cardiff your the side I will always love and I just can't seem to get enough of
YOU, do o do do do do do do do do do

Any thoughts ? :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Re: New season, new songs, new ideas

Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 pm

We sing a song to that tune at away games

Sun May 24, 2015 7:34 pm

Yes we did at brighton, but only about 20 or 30 if I remember correctly, if we could at least get canton or ninian singing it, it would catch on at home games. Away days are great for singing, it's at home we have a lack of enthusiasm or fresh ideas

Sun May 24, 2015 7:41 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:Yes we did at brighton, but only about 20 or 30 if I remember correctly, if we could at least get canton or ninian singing it, it would catch on at home games. Away days are great for singing, it's at home we have a lack of enthusiasm or fresh ideas

Hopefully the 116 section will get it going. Any idea how many tickets have been sold for that section?

Sun May 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Not sure mate, Im in 116 and I've read a few posts about canton boys renewing in 116, I really hope it happens :bluescarf:

Sun May 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Not exactly a new song then! We need to get some old songs, heck even new ones and make them into chants like United have done, no point passing off new chants as ones just copied from another club

Sun May 24, 2015 8:07 pm

This is my point, why does it have to be a brand new song ? Celtic were probably not the first to use it either. Lots of clubs use the same songs and put a twist on it. The greatest team in football, the world has ever seen, is sung by probably all 92 league clubs, but it's unique using their clubs name.

My example is used as it's easy lyrics, catchy, and a feel good song.

(Appreciate the title of the subject says "new songs") a bit misleading !

Sun May 24, 2015 9:04 pm

bobbankbandit wrote:The greatest team in football, the world has ever seen, is sung by probably all 92 league clubs, but it's unique using their clubs name. !

Cardiff, Swansea and Leeds fans are the only teams that sing "we're the greatest team in football the world has ever seen" the rest sing "we're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen". Slightly different words but the same tune.
:thumbup: