Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER RELEASED '

Sun May 24, 2015 5:31 pm

Sam Allardyce has been released by West Ham, the club owners decided not to renew his contract, not really a surprise as it has been on the cards for a few months.

Allardyce would be high on a number of clubs lists in search for a manager, especially Championship clubs though I suspect Big Sam believes he is still a good shout for a Premier League side.

Re: ' PREMIER LEAGUE MANAGER RELEASED '

Sun May 24, 2015 5:35 pm

madness, sheer madness.

Still, someone else's gain! :old:

Sun May 24, 2015 6:05 pm

He could go to the MLS.

Sun May 24, 2015 7:19 pm

arri potta wrote:madness, sheer madness.

Ours would be good! ;) :thumbup:

Sun May 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Sven wrote:

Chris, I would love him to be our manager,but I suppose we can only dream.

Sun May 24, 2015 7:57 pm

Apparently, they are after Carlo Ancelotti! They live in dream land. Worse than Newcastle for overrating their own stature.

Sun May 24, 2015 8:08 pm

Allegedly, one of the most highest paid managers in the Premiership. Excellent track record, he will go where the money is,,,,,& that's not at Cardiff City!

Sun May 24, 2015 10:53 pm

Can see where they are coming from in a way. They are moving into a big stadium which they won't fill with anti football. Can't criticise the West Ham owners they are good guys.

Sam is great at getting clubs into the Prem or holding a decent spot in the prem but like Pulis can only take them so far.

I hope they don't realise grass is greener though. I say that I'd love their fans to feel the pain of relegation as they are awful fans.

Sun May 24, 2015 10:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Sven wrote:

Chris, I would love him to be our manager,but I suppose we can only dream.

Annis, sadly I think you are right, but I think Allardyce would be a big enough character for fans to get behind and someone who would stand up to Tan in all the right ways! :thumbup:

Mon May 25, 2015 6:17 pm

Our fans turned on Malky for being too negative, and wanted attacking football we got ole and became a laughing stock from there.....would love big sam but fear a lot on here and most city fans would turn on him for not being exciting or attacking enough