Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CRAIG NOONE? "

Sun May 24, 2015 7:58 am

There is a lot of speculation regarding Craig Noone,staying or being sold.

If Norwich go up, I cant see them coming back in for him, if they dont,then if they were serious with their offer of £2million then they will be back.

Approx wage £20,000 plus a week

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

How do you feel he did last season?

Re: " CRAIG NOONE "

Sun May 24, 2015 8:00 am

Forever Blue wrote:There is a lot of speculation regarding Craig Noone,staying or being sold.

If Norwich go up, I cant see them coming back in for him, if they dont,then if they were serious with their offer of £2million then they will be back.

Approx Wage £20,000 plus a week

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

Sell him and reinvest the money on another winger who can cross the ball

Re: " CRAIG NOONE? "

Sun May 24, 2015 8:08 am

He had a poor season last season and my opinion is we have seen the best of him :sladeout:

Sun May 24, 2015 8:09 am

He was diabolical last season, get rid.

Sun May 24, 2015 8:11 am

Average player and a one trick pony
if you watch him he runs at defenders looks to cut in and shoot any decent defender knows this shows him the outside and watch him turn back and pass or even worse waits for the cut in and wins the tackle every time
sell and buy a pacy winger who does his job and can cross a ball

Sun May 24, 2015 8:26 am

Really good player who had a poor season, but was good enough for the Premier. Needs a manager to bring back his confidence and improve his game. His attitude is spot on.

Sun May 24, 2015 8:37 am

As a club we had a poor season;

- new manager
- players leaving
- new way of playing

we need to have consistency and build up not continue to sell our best players as they had a poor season (see earlier point the whole club had a poor season)

Please keep craig noone!

Sun May 24, 2015 8:37 am

bigb wrote:Average player and a one trick pony
if you watch him he runs at defenders looks to cut in and shoot any decent defender knows this shows him the outside and watch him turn back and pass or even worse waits for the cut in and wins the tackle every time
sell and buy a pacy winger who does his job and can cross a ball

Agree

Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 am

i think that cardiff team spirit was at a low last season,the whole place is in turmoil.......i dont think these players are washed up just not happy here.......many that go will find form in a stable environment .... :ayatollah:

Sun May 24, 2015 8:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:There is a lot of speculation regarding Craig Noone,staying or being sold.

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

By the standards he has set during his time at the club he was disappointing last season but that may be because he was injured during pre-season and maybe he never recovered from that. Give him a good pre-season and we may get to see the Craig Noone who is a real handful at this level.

I'm not sure Norwich will be in for him no matter how the play off final goes because if they fail surely FFP rules will mean they will be looking to cut costs, much as we have done, and that may limit any spending plans. If they get promoted I think they will look for better.

On that basis I say keep him because if his form returns the Championship is where he will do the most damage.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Sun May 24, 2015 8:46 am

Annis Craig noone is 100% going this summer that was directly from a city player as well

Sun May 24, 2015 8:48 am

Noone did have a sub standard season however he is still a bright light amongst a team of average players!

He runs with the ball well and he has a decent shot. His problem last season was that he was trying to do too much and he lost the ball quite often. I cannot work out why so many fans are more than happy to get rid of our better players. As can be seen with Slade's transfer dealings so far, the players coming in are no better than what we are getting rid of. What's the point in getting rid of a winger who is a potential match winner for a mediocre player from League 1 or 2.

He just needs to be managed properly. I would keep hold of him.

Sun May 24, 2015 9:00 am

Could be argued we have ruined him by not playing him on the left where he was able to take players on down the line but then again perhaps we only ever played him on the right as he just lost the pace he once had?

Sun May 24, 2015 9:05 am

I don't see this.

I can understand Norwich interest back in January. They would want to bolster their squad for a promotion push a bit like Bournemouth and Kenwynne Jones. The last thing you want is injuries to derail promotion.

However, to consider Noone FOR the Premier League? He is not right for it. Another player that plays on the cusp of promotion or within a relegation battle.

Sun May 24, 2015 9:15 am

He had a poor season but with every thing going on last year the players were bound to have some wobbles. Remember form is temporary class is permanent and I think he will come good again :ayatollah: probably when we sell him. Then a lot on here will say we should never of sold him :old:

Sun May 24, 2015 9:26 am

I'll give him a hand packing. Never been that good, good number of assists in his first season then a few good games in the Prem and nothing last year.

Sun May 24, 2015 10:13 am

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

Annis, I believe Noone will join his big friend at Watford. Personally can't see him staying here.

Is it common knowledge that a championship winger, Cardiff born and bred agreed terms in January but the clubs failed to agree a fee? May not be popular with everyone but would rather this player to Noone

Sun May 24, 2015 11:00 am

castleblue wrote:

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

By the standards he has set during his time at the club he was disappointing last season but that may be because he was injured during pre-season and maybe he never recovered from that. Give him a good pre-season and we may get to see the Craig Noone who is a real handful at this level.

I'm not sure Norwich will be in for him no matter how the play off final goes because if they fail surely FFP rules will mean they will be looking to cut costs, much as we have done, and that may limit any spending plans. If they get promoted I think they will look for better.

On that basis I say keep him because if his form returns the Championship is where he will do the most damage.

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Agree with this :thumbup:

Far too many 'fans' stating "Get rid!" of players we really cannot afford to let go IF we want to gain anything from next season...

The issue is a little higher up the Command Chain than the players themselves! ;) :(

Sun May 24, 2015 11:07 am

get rid, he is rubbish lol

I like he never gives up, but he has no outstanding qualities and this season he has been shockingly bad.

Time to cash in, Kennedy seems to be doing alright under Slade so I will not blame Slade for Noone's free-fall into becoming the parks player he once was.

Sun May 24, 2015 11:12 am

He was poor last season we should have sold in Jan. Flatters to deceive and not consistent enough even in premier only a handful of games. Sell for 1.5m or any more a bonus. Matty looks more threatening and a good slade signing

Sun May 24, 2015 11:33 am

cecilccfc wrote:

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

Annis, I believe Noone will join his big friend at Watford. Personally can't see him staying here.

Is it common knowledge that a championship winger, Cardiff born and bred agreed terms in January but the clubs failed to agree a fee? May not be popular with everyone but would rather this player to Noone

Who?

Sun May 24, 2015 11:56 am

Bakedalasker wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

Who?

David Coterill, not a fan myself, not Brussels he's said he hates Cardiff, but because he's a complete fluff at international level so I wouldn't trust him in big games and never seen him be particularly effective.

Sun May 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Craig Noone's most famous match was against Man City away, I just watched a great video of his highlights on that game. He was brilliant, but I seen something that sums him up.

A tame shot outside the box in a 4 vs 4 situation. It's poor decisions from him we see time-and-time again.

Example is the break by Cardiff 4:30 into the clip

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrXJjWtRCBA&t=0m55s

Sun May 24, 2015 1:01 pm

My opinion:
cant use both feet (too predictable what he is going to do)
lacked confidence since injury
gets fans on his side so when he has a bad game no one will be nagative towards him
greedy
weak
bad crossing
always tries to beat to many people
doesn't like taking easy option

:bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sun May 24, 2015 2:10 pm

RFMH wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
cecilccfc wrote:

Opinions on Craig Noone?

Do you want him to stay?

Who?

David Coterill, not a fan myself, not Brussels he's said he hates Cardiff, but because he's a complete fluff at international level so I wouldn't trust him in big games and never seen him be particularly effective.
I think he's better than noone

Sun May 24, 2015 3:17 pm

He will go and be a huge success elsewhere.

Sun May 24, 2015 5:54 pm

I do not get why people say he is a good player
never seen it average at best

Sun May 24, 2015 6:12 pm

Get rid.

Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 pm

2blue2handle wrote:He will go and be a huge success elsewhere.

I agree with this...

Sun May 24, 2015 7:53 pm

bigb wrote:I do not get why people say he is a good player
never seen it average at best

Yeah, same here. It's purely because he has a bit of pace and runs at defenders. The fact he often doesn't beat the defender and, when he does, rarely puts a decent cross in doesn't seem to register with some people.

Vastly overrated and I'd be delighted if we got £2m or more for him. His injury has only taken some edge of him as well so even his biggest fans are seeing how average he is.