Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Former players

Sat May 23, 2015 8:55 pm

Why do people continue on a daily basis to post updates about players we have got rid of any how they are doing? Who gives a monkey, they are no longer city players. For every ruddy gestede I can name a Bothroyd, Gerrard, earnie who never went on to better things which wait for it " why didn't we put a sell on clause in it " wish former players well but it's all about who wears our shirt now :bluebird:

Re: Former players

Sat May 23, 2015 9:11 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Why do people continue on a daily basis to post updates about players we have got rid of any how they are doing? Who gives a monkey, they are no longer city players. For every ruddy gestede I can name a Bothroyd, Gerrard, earnie who never went on to better things which wait for it " why didn't we put a sell on clause in it " wish former players well but it's all about who wears our shirt now :bluebird:

Because its interesting to see how they perform after they have left us and City fans have been discussing past players since the 60's :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

John Toshack is still mentioned nowadays :thumbright:

Sat May 23, 2015 9:49 pm

I follow Ramsay s progress could turn out to be one of the best midfielder s in the world would love him to go to Barcelona

Sat May 23, 2015 10:54 pm

no problem in following ex city players but when it is constantly used as a stick to beat club & slade with it gets a bit manotanous! :o

Sat May 23, 2015 11:12 pm

pembroke allan wrote:no problem in following ex city players but when it is constantly used as a stick to beat club & slade with it gets a bit manotanous! :o

I think you will find it more Often players are talked down and wrongly labeled not good enough, when in fact they are. Bar Cala, every player leaving since Slade came in have been superb. You can't ignore that when the players still here is underperforming. Well if you do, its bloody stupid. There is a pattern here witch is ignorant to
ignore and defend..regarding the OP, I watch as much football as I can, and especially ex Cardiff players..

Sun May 24, 2015 9:54 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Why do people continue on a daily basis to post updates about players we have got rid of any how they are doing? Who gives a monkey, they are no longer city players. For every ruddy gestede I can name a Bothroyd, Gerrard, earnie who never went on to better things which wait for it " why didn't we put a sell on clause in it " wish former players well but it's all about who wears our shirt now :bluebird:

Because its interesting to see how they perform after they have left us and City fans have been discussing past players since the 60's :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

John Toshack is still mentioned nowadays :thumbright:

Yeah I get that and maybe my post was a bit confusing, I follow ex city players but it's more about the ones who have recently left and it does feel like it's a constant slate at the club. Never a mention of those who have left and not progressed. :bluebird:

Sun May 24, 2015 9:57 am

[quote="wez1927"]I follow Ramsay s progress could turn out to be one of the best midfielder s in the world would love him to go to Barcelona[/quote

Totally agree, and at 24 he will get better. If ever a sell on clause should have been inserted this is the one, but for the majority of the rest that leave you can never tell and usually when a sell on is inserted the up front amount is less. Win some lose some :bluebird:

Sun May 24, 2015 9:57 am

pembroke allan wrote:no problem in following ex city players but when it is constantly used as a stick to beat club & slade with it gets a bit manotanous! :o

That's what I was getting at :thumbup:

Sun May 24, 2015 10:04 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:

I think you will find it more Often players are talked down and wrongly labeled not good enough, when in fact they are. Bar Cala, every player leaving since Slade came in have been superb. You can't ignore that when the players still here is underperforming. Well if you do, its bloody stupid. There is a pattern here witch is ignorant to
ignore and defend..regarding the OP, I watch as much football as I can, and especially ex Cardiff players..

I agree with what your saying about players talked down and labelled not good enough, unfortunately the majority of them fans are then the same ones who come out and say " always rated him" " should have put a sell on clause"

My OP wasn't meant to be about watching ex city players, I like you always keep an eternal out it's the constant updates on those doing ok since they left that's annoying, just my opinion.

I don't see any updates on Kim bo, cowie, Gerrard, even the updates on Declan John stopped when it seemed he wasn't setting the world alight at Barnsley. Frazier anyone???

:bluebird:

Mon May 25, 2015 9:54 pm

Cameron Jerome scored the 1st goal for Norwich today ;) :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mon May 25, 2015 10:33 pm

I'm with you on this purely because of the propaganda that goes with the post that is anti City / Tan / Slade.

If it was just a healthy interest in their career, then fine. But it's not. It is purely about undermining.

Tue May 26, 2015 5:15 am

The sale of most of the players especially Ramsay at the time kept the club afloat ,we were desperate pity we couldn't keep them but that's football