Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JavI Guerra

Sat May 23, 2015 6:30 pm

Bagged a brace for Malaga this afternoon...

Re: JavI Guerra

Sat May 23, 2015 6:33 pm

Bazforth wrote:Bagged a brace for Malaga this afternoon...

Great player, proven scorer in one of the Top Leagues in the World.

Yet Slade wont even give him a chance :shock: :shock:

Sat May 23, 2015 6:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Do you think that Tan is telling Slade not to give Guerra a chance or is Slade deciding this all by himself?

Sat May 23, 2015 6:47 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Do you think that Tan is telling Slade not to give Guerra a chance or is Slade deciding this all by himself?

David, My opinion, YES, as Guerra has twice knocked on Slades door in the past and virtually begged to be given a chance.

Sat May 23, 2015 6:59 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

why would it be tan? He signed this one ,I think he dowant get on with young

Sat May 23, 2015 7:04 pm

wez1927 wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Wez, High wages ?

Why would it be Slade?

Sat May 23, 2015 7:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Wez, High wages ?

Why would it be Slade?

Wez, if its because what you say Guerra does not get on with Young,well then in my opinion Young needs to go ASAP,but he needs to go any way and join a village side as Port Talbot dont want him and he is out of his league at Cardiff.

Young = Hoof ball

Young = No tactics

Sat May 23, 2015 7:55 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Wez, High wages ?

Why would it be Slade?
but tan knew the wages at the start of the season why sign him ? Ole or slade didn't use him there's more to it

Sat May 23, 2015 7:59 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Wez, High wages ?

Why would it be Slade?
but tan knew the wages at the start of the season why sign him ? Ole or slade didn't use him there's more to it

Wez and all the other players that have been pushed/forced out,your right there is more to it,def.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

David, My opinion, YES, as Guerra has twice knocked on Slades door in the past and virtually begged to be given a chance.

Guerra doesn't want to be here, only came for the wages on offer. Turns up for training when he wants - and then wants a massage before he"lol join in the session. Then proceeds to amble about half-arsed. An all-round bad apple apparently. But, but, but....he scores in Spain? Good - best place for him then.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:07 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Guerra doesn't want to be here, only came for the wages on offer. Turns up for training when he wants - and then wants a massage before he"lol join in the session. Then proceeds to amble about half-arsed. An all-round bad apple apparently. But, but, but....he scores in Spain? Good - best place for him then.

Not what Ive been told from his friends, he begged to play.
And does well at other clubs, so why not Cardiff?

I suppose the same with Le Fondre,Daehli etc etc ? ?

Sat May 23, 2015 8:22 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Good impartial sources there then :lol: .

Don't doubt he wanted to play - but whe you're turning up over an hour late on a regular basis and then barely trying, what would make a manager want to pick him. And what message would that send out to his team mates?

I only spoke about Guerra -but Le Fondre hasn't settled in S Wales, which may well explain his form elsewhere and could envisage the same with Daelhi.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:24 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Don't doubt he wanted to play - but whe you're turning up over an hour late on a regular basis and then barely trying, what would make a manager want to pick him. And what message would that send out to his team mates?

I only spoke about Guerra -but Le Fondre hasn't settled in S Wales, which may well explain his form elsewhere and could envisage the same with Daelhi.

Very close Spanish friends :thumbright:

Also you say Spain? La Liega is one of the best Leagues in the World.

I mentioned Le Fondre, because just one of many players for some reason,dont work out at Cardiff City nowadays? ?

Sat May 23, 2015 8:36 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

I mentioned Le Fondre, because just one of many players for some reason,dont work out at Cardiff City nowadays? ?

La Liega is one of the best leagues in the world. He's Spanish - and.wants to be there?

When Le Fondre joined us, he made it clear that it wasn't his choice to leave Reading, hardly someone that'll then bust a gut for us? He looked a million miles away from being a goal scorer with us - how many simple chances did he miss for us?

Ultimately, they've got to want to be here. Give me young and hungry, eager to make their mark here, in preference to these types every day of the week.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:45 pm

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

La Liega is one of the best leagues in the world. He's Spanish - and.wants to be there?

When Le Fondre joined us, he made it clear that it wasn't his choice to leave Reading, hardly someone that'll then bust a gut for us? He looked a million miles away from being a goal scorer with us - how many simple chances did he miss for us?

Ultimately, they've got to want to be here. Give me young and hungry, eager to make their mark here, in preference to these types every day of the week.

Don't think ALF played like he didn't want to be here though, I was unsure when we signed him but his work rate was excellent and would like us to keep him because we know he can score goals.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:57 pm

So that's 3 goals 4 games. Unreal!

Sat May 23, 2015 8:57 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
LlwyncelynBlue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Annis,

Don't think ALF played like he didn't want to be here though, I was unsure when we signed him but his work rate was excellent and would like us to keep him because we know he can score goals.

He missed a few and never recovered from it

Sat May 23, 2015 9:04 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:So that's 3 goals 4 games. Unreal!

In one of the Best Leagues in the World,that for me says it all :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat May 23, 2015 9:09 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

In one of the Best Leagues in the World,that for me says it all :thumbright: :thumbright:

I really hope he is given another chance.

Sun May 24, 2015 6:36 am

This is very good news.
I can't see him playing for us next season and was concerned we'd be stuck with an unhappy player on big money.
Hopefully now this will help us find a buyer for him. Maybe Malaga will take him ?

Sun May 24, 2015 7:20 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I really hope he is given another chance.

I would like to think Guerra will be finally given a chance. :thumbright:

Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 am

Still a complete mystery why you wouldn't play a proven La Liga goalscorer when that's miles better than anything we had. He wasn't even given a chance, just a few 'last 5 minutes' a couple of times in league games where he showed his undoubted class. Yes, put on a poor show in the league cup game but so did 5/6 others.

Sun May 24, 2015 7:51 am

For me, Javi Guerra was one of the biggest disappointments of last season, & as we all know, there were many of them.

At the start, I really thought that he was going to make an impact, bearing in mind that Ollie tried to sign him when he started in the January. Just what went wrong with him during last Summer pre season?

Whispers about a bad attitude, rotten apple, Vincent Tan's orders, Slade's orders,,, even OGS shunned him, & when he did get a chance, he was hauled off & had a bust up with Scott Young (allegedly).

Like a lot of things associated to our club, something is just not quite right about the whole affair, who does know the truth of it all????? :? :old:

Sun May 24, 2015 7:57 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:For me, Javi Guerra was one of the biggest disappointments of last season, & as we all know, there were many of them.

At the start, I really thought that he was going to make an impact, bearing in mind that Ollie tried to sign him when he started in the January. Just what went wrong with him during last Summer pre season?

Whispers about a bad attitude, rotten apple, Vincent Tan's orders, Slade's orders,,, even OGS shunned him, & when he did get a chance, he was hauled off & had a bust up with Scott Young (allegedly).

Like a lot of things associated to our club, something is just not quite right about the whole affair, who does know the truth of it all????? :? :old:

Javi Guerra was injured for a bit while Solsjkaer was here and when he came back KJ was playing well so was hard to drop him. I think Guerra was brought here as our main striker but picked up and injury and fell behind the rest of the team.

Shame that we won't get to see him more, thought he looked a classy player in a few of the early games but was frozen out by Young when he had a bad game (no worse than his mate Gabbidon though)

Sun May 24, 2015 8:13 am

KBK-13 wrote:
RICK+CCFC wrote:For me, Javi Guerra was one of the biggest disappointments of last season, & as we all know, there were many of them.

Javi Guerra was injured for a bit while Solsjkaer was here and when he came back KJ was playing well so was hard to drop him. I think Guerra was brought here as our main striker but picked up and injury and fell behind the rest of the team.

Shame that we won't get to see him more, thought he looked a classy player in a few of the early games but was frozen out by Young when he had a bad game (no worse than his mate Gabbidon though)

Thanks for that, I had forgotten about his injury while OGS was manager. But while that was instrumental in him not playing at the start, I still feel there is more to it than that.
Also, his wages & other contractual details are, Imho, another major factor in all of this???

Mon May 25, 2015 12:00 pm

Should have played. Ridiculous.

Mon May 25, 2015 12:30 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:

Thanks for that, I had forgotten about his injury while OGS was manager. But while that was instrumental in him not playing at the start, I still feel there is more to it than that.
Also, his wages & other contractual details are, Imho, another major factor in all of this???

Definitely more too it I agree. Would love to see him here next season but it's not going to happen. Guessing he will be on a good wage after we tried signing him in January transfer window in our PL season and didn't pay a fee for him

If he's a bad influence around the place though it's better to get rid.