" ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE NOW FREE AGENTS "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2015 4:23 pm

" ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE FREE AGENTS "

Saturday 23rd May 2015

With the season at a close, the transfer window coming up fast and the inevitable merry-go-round in the English leagues nearly upon us, the list of players set to become free agents may interest you. It will certainly interest other clubs and players agents will be on the phone trying to convince sides to sign their clients up. Here is a list of players who catch the eye this summer.

Matt Mills – Bolton Wanderers

Once worth over £5 million the Bolton man has probably been released due to the wage bill issues at the club and huge amounts of debt. Leeds have been linked with the centre-half for the past three summers. With the Sol Bamba deal seemingly on the back-burner at the moment this could well be a deal that interests Uwe Rosler.

Paul Robinson – Blackburn Rovers

The ex-Leeds favourite left the club what seems an age ago as he left for London side Tottenham Hotspur where he became one of the best keepers in the league. He is now a veteran but with Stuart Taylor leaving and Marco Silvestri the only recognised keeper at the club Rosler will be looking for some healthy competition.

Jacob Mellis – Blackpool

Despite having a dreadful season Blackpool actually don’t have the worst squad on paper and it seems off-field problems have cost the club their Championship status. Mellis is an ex-Chelsea graduate and is a very good technical player.

Jermaine Beckford – Bolton Wanderers

I couldn’t possibly do a list without mentioning the man linked to us in every window since he left. Although I don’t think Leeds will make a move the return of the striker would please most Leeds fans. Always welcome back at Elland Road in any shirt I’d say.

Jay Emmanuel-Thomas – Bristol City

Newly promoted Bristol City will see the departure of key player Emmanuel-Thomas as the striker come winger looks for a new challenge. He would suit Rosler’s “Heavy Metal” approach as he looks for pace and power down the flanks at Elland Road.

Ross Wallace – Burnley

Ross Wallace is the ideal winger with Championship experience. He has a wonderful left-foot but is not blessed with great pace. Would certainly do a job for the club but maybe not the pace and power Rosler craves.

Nicky Maynard – Cardiff City

A striker who has never really reached his potential. Certainly has goal in his locker along with pace but needs to be in the team every week rather than two or three games at a time. We are severely lacking the clinical touch in the final third, is Maynard a viable option?

Chris Eagles – Charlton Athletic

Another who has never reached the heights predicted in his early career. Could certainly provide some good deliveries and some composure on the ball.

Jamie Ward – Derby County

Ward seemed all set to join local rivals Nottingham Forrest from Derby County last week but as it has gone quiet it could alert other clubs. Can add goals from wide positions along with determination and pace. Has caused us problems in the past.

Ben Pringle – Rotherham Utd

Another who has been linked with Leeds a lot in the last few months. Has a very good left foot but didn’t impress interested fans as Rotherham visited Elland Road on the final day of the season. Lacks pace but no denying technical ability.

Marc-Antoine Fortune – Wigan Athletic

Fits the pace and power mould but struggles with the end product. Has played in the Premier League in a front three which Uwe Rosler seems intent on playing. Can cause problems at this level but commitment can often be questioned at times.

These are the players I have picked out from a very long list. I’m sure others will catch the eye of fans, the likes of James McClean have also been mentioned, sparking debate amongst us. I even heard a rumour Noel Hunt could be returning to the club after his release from Ipswich…..
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE FREE AGENTS "

Postby KBK-13 » Sat May 23, 2015 4:25 pm

Would take Jamie Ward and maybe Chris Eagles but he hasn't done much for a while.

Would rather keep Connolly over Matt mills

Would take Pringle if we changed formation
KBK-13

Re: " ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE FREE AGENTS "

Postby Forever Blue » Sat May 23, 2015 4:27 pm

KBK-13 wrote:Would take Jamie Ward and maybe Chris Eagles but he hasn't done much for a while.

Would rather keep Connolly over Matt mills

Would take Pringle if we changed formation

A few good players there to chose from :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Re: " ALL THESE PLAYERS ARE NOW FREE AGENTS "

Postby erinsown » Sat May 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Jacob mellis would be a decent shout :thumbup:
erinsown

Postby wez1927 » Sat May 23, 2015 5:04 pm

Ross walace was awesome a few years back
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby nik_cologne » Sat May 23, 2015 5:16 pm

Sanchez Watt
nik_cologne

Postby bluebird7291 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:30 pm

There's a few from that list. Id also liked kimbo back.
bluebird7291

Postby BlueSince1908 » Sat May 23, 2015 6:48 pm

Roger Johnson available
BlueSince1908

Postby mugsy » Sat May 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Eagles is still a decent player.
mugsy

Postby mr_nellio » Sat May 23, 2015 8:01 pm

Ross Wallace is a good player. Would have Kimbo back too!
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby bluemun » Sun May 24, 2015 10:49 am

Jamie Ward out of these. No wonder Forest were after him. Pace and power. Always rated him.
bluemun

Postby MattCCFC1975 » Sun May 24, 2015 1:21 pm

Also heard Rudy Austin from Leeds is going to be on a free this summer. Worth a shout i wonder? :bluescarf:
BLUEBIRD FOR LIFE!! :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
MattCCFC1975

Postby Zabier » Sun May 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Those players are all going to have a lot of suitors after them. I wouldn't mind us getting hold of Jacob Mellis to boost the midfield. Versatile and has shown he is class over the years. No player would have looked good in that Blackpool team this season. I think Matt Mills could be a gamble but one worth taking. I also like the idea of us signing Wallace and Ward.
Zabier

Return to General Chat