Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Former Cardiff City player Mats Daeli "

Mon May 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Zabier wrote:Daehli has massive potential but really lacks the physicality and consistency required for the top flight. I think he could actually thrive in France or Spain. The more physical English and German leagues don't help him at all. If he doesn't look to make a right move soon then his career will be going nowhere fast.
totally agree he just isn't good enough for the English game and people banging on about him must know bugger all about British football, he is and was just to lightweight for us anyone could see it

Mon May 25, 2015 6:33 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Zabier wrote:Daehli has massive potential but really lacks the physicality and consistency required for the top flight. I think he could actually thrive in France or Spain. The more physical English and German leagues don't help him at all. If he doesn't look to make a right move soon then his career will be going nowhere fast.
totally agree he just isn't good enough for the English game and people banging on about him must know bugger all about British football, he is and was just to lightweight for us anyone could see it

Thing about British football Wez. It moved on. Its close to more foreigners in Britain than home grown. That goes for managers to. Ball control, pace and endurance are the most important feature for a player, and Daehlie score top on two of those three.
I grew up with British football in the 70's and still follow it. Time for an update Wez! And if people dont know consistancy comes with experience i dont know what to say. And last. The human body can produce 10 pounds of muscle mass pr year :thumbup:

Mon May 25, 2015 6:42 pm

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Thing about British football Wez. It moved on. Its close to more foreigners in Britain than home grown. That goes for managers to. Ball control, pace and endurance are the most important feature for a player, and Daehlie score top on two of those three.
I grew up with British football in the 70's and still follow it. Time for an update Wez! And if people dont know consistancy comes with experience i dont know what to say. And last. The human body can produce 10 pounds of muscle mass pr year :thumbup:

Can't play in a 442 though

Mon May 25, 2015 6:48 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He does for his country. MOM almost every game. Only difference he is instructed to cut inside. But I agree, not the wide winger. And who use that anymore anyway?.. Besides Slade I mean. Player of the year in the prem this year is the same type of player. ( no I didn't say Daehlie is just as good :laughing6: )

Mon May 25, 2015 6:50 pm

wez1927 wrote:

the championship is a physical league he was useless for us

Mon May 25, 2015 6:52 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If you base all the ability of the kid on the Millwall game you are right. And it looks like you do..most players was useless this year. Dosent mean they are bad footballers.

Mon May 25, 2015 7:23 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

He does for his country. MOM almost every game. Only difference he is instructed to cut inside. But I agree, not the wide winger. And who use that anymore anyway?.. Besides Slade I mean. Player of the year in the prem this year is the same type of player. ( no I didn't say Daehlie is just as good :laughing6: )

I'm a fan of his but feel we would've ruined him keeping him here and not utilising him. He had massive potential and hope he reaches it.

Out of interest, are you from Scandinavia or have you moved there?

Mon May 25, 2015 7:40 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I'm a fan of his but feel we would've ruined him keeping him here and not utilising him. He had massive potential and hope he reaches it.

Out of interest, are you from Scandinavia or have you moved there?

We will know in a few years. What he got going for him is the insane training mentality and knowing he have to develop different areas of his game. He got wasted this season anyway, and I like to hope Slade will be gone sooner rather than later.
Loads of players have suffered this year IMO. I'm From.

Mon May 25, 2015 8:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

If you base all the ability of the kid on the Millwall game you are right. And it looks like you do..most players was useless this year. Dosent mean they are bad footballers.
based on most games he played for us he had an odd good game but overall he was crap for us ,he is not suited to the English game ,he is too lightweight

Mon May 25, 2015 9:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

based on most games he played for us he had an odd good game but overall he was crap for us ,he is not suited to the English game ,he is too lightweight

Was that why Man Utd brought him over at the age 15 and tryed to sign him back when he went to Cardiff? Like i said, move forward and get up to date. You are stuck 20 years behind just like Slade. i think most would agree he was one of the most exiting players at the club. You are in the 1 % bunch. Thats 99 % chance you are wrong :thumbup:

Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Was that why Man Utd brought him over at the age 15 and tryed to sign him back when he went to Cardiff? Like i said, move forward and get up to date. You are stuck 20 years behind just like Slade. i think most would agree he was one of the most exiting players at the club. You are in the 1 % bunch. Thats 99 % chance you are wrong :thumbup:

Why didn't utd but him off us in January then ?????? he isn't good enough

Mon May 25, 2015 10:12 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Because Freiburg did. Your slow! Dont know he has been injured all this time and slate him for lack of playing in Germany. Dont even know why he went to Freiburg. No point debating you when you know so little about him.. Ball controll, pace and endurance mate. Not avarage duels won. Those days are gone! Not that many duels are won with the current squad anyway..

Mon May 25, 2015 10:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Because Freiburg did. Your slow! Dont know he has been injured all this time and slate him for lack of playing in Germany. Dont even know why he went to Freiburg. No point debating you when you know so little about him.. Ball controll, pace and endurance mate. Not avarage duels won. Those days are gone! Not that many duels are won with the current squad anyway..
you Said that utd wanted him when he came to us but they could of had him in January but they didn't ,I think your deluded ,your loyalty to him is admirable but he just ain't very good and very overrated ,yes he had bags of potential but he just didn't or hasn't fulfilled it

Mon May 25, 2015 10:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

you Said that utd wanted him when he came to us but they could of had him in January but they didn't ,I think your deluded ,your loyalty to him is admirable but he just ain't very good and very overrated ,yes he had bags of potential but he just didn't or hasn't fulfilled it

:lol: i hardly said a word about his ability in the entire thread. Im debating the flaw arguments you and a couple are using. Cant seperate a young talent from the finish article. You didnt even know Man Utd used their buy back option when he came to Cardiff? :oops: Your entitled to your opinion Wez, but your reasoning is rubbish. He is not a duels player. Neither is Noone or Whittingham for that matter. If you actually watched him you would know he had some insane running and passing stats. Best part about him is he knew he had to develop. Like Marshall said. He is the hardest working player he has seen :thumbup:

Mon May 25, 2015 10:50 pm

Massive talent who should have been nurtured so he could reach his full potential. Wants to play the beautiful game however suffered from playing under two crap managers, in a team that couldn't keep possession. Seems to have a great attitude on top of his abilities so i can only wish him all the best.
To be quite honest besides the dire unimaginative football selling him was the one thing that convinced me Slade is utterly clueless about the modern game.

Tue May 26, 2015 7:30 am

Obviously a very talented young player who has a tremendous amount of potential, but I fear he's surrounded by the wrong advisors, and he's wasting his career at the moment. Still think he'll be a top player though.