Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Former Cardiff City player Mats Daeli "

Sat May 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Mats Møller Dæhli's SC Freiburg will be playing in the second division Bundesliga next season after they were relegated earlier today.

Re: " Former Cardiff City player Mats Daeli "

Sat May 23, 2015 3:23 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Mats Møller Dæhli's SC Freiburg will be playing in the second division Bundesliga next season after they were relegated earlier today.

Hmm

I can see a bigger club coming in for him, I wish Daehli was still with us.

Sat May 23, 2015 4:07 pm

Still pissed off we got rid of him.

How much did we sell him for?

Sat May 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Still pissed off we got rid of him.

£1.5m

Sat May 23, 2015 6:29 pm

BlueSince1908 wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:Still pissed off we got rid of him.

£1.5m

That's it? :shock:

Sat May 23, 2015 6:32 pm

Buy him back!

Sat May 23, 2015 6:49 pm

Only made 2 appearances for them this season since going there I have heard.

Sat May 23, 2015 6:57 pm

Isn't as good as his reputation on this board.

Sat May 23, 2015 7:01 pm

He was a headless chicken

Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm

wez1927 wrote:He was a headless chicken

A player who I have no doubt will make it to the top.

Sat May 23, 2015 7:29 pm

Thats your opinion Wez, My opinion is Slade the clueless chicken :thumbright:

Sat May 23, 2015 7:31 pm

Well Wez, Not long ago,you were admitting Daehli was a decent player? Hmmmm

Re: SOLSKJAER - JANUARY SIGNINGS HAVE FAILED
Postby wez1927 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:43 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Daehli, Cala and Fabio cost us under £1m and were our 3 best performers yesterday.

You dont have to spend big to get decent players
wez1927

Sat May 23, 2015 8:28 pm

Kid has magic in his boots yet sadly he has not quite delivered :bluebird:

Sat May 23, 2015 9:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Well Wez, Not long ago,you were admitting Daehli was a decent player? Hmmmm

Re: SOLSKJAER - JANUARY SIGNINGS HAVE FAILED
Postby wez1927 » Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:43 am

CraigCCFC wrote:
Daehli, Cala and Fabio cost us under £1m and were our 3 best performers yesterday.

You dont have to spend big to get decent players
wez1927

and I'm right you dont have to spend big, all decent enough but come Matt's ran all day with no end product the way people go on ,on this board he's world class

Sat May 23, 2015 9:02 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Kid has magic in his boots yet sadly he has not quite delivered :bluebird:

Agree ,ran around like a headless chicken and he was too weak for the championship ,he hasn't been that good for his new side either

Sat May 23, 2015 9:05 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Kid has magic in his boots yet sadly he has not quite delivered :bluebird:

Agree ,ran around like a headless chicken and he was too weak for the championship ,he hasn't been that good for his new side either

He hasn't? Why not?

Sun May 24, 2015 12:41 am

wez1927 wrote:

Spot on - he would have a good 20 minutes in a game for us and would then disappear. Some people on this board think he should of played for Barca or Real Madrid :lol: . He couldn't get a regular place in a Championship team, and clearly has done bugger all in the German league - he ain't no Aaron Ramsey! :lol: :lol:

Sun May 24, 2015 1:06 am

mugsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Spot on - he would have a good 20 minutes in a game for us and would then disappear. Some people on this board think he should of played for Barca or Real Madrid :lol: . He couldn't get a regular place in a Championship team, and clearly has done bugger all in the German league - he ain't no Aaron Ramsey! :lol: :lol:

Like most young talent.. Inconsistent.. He should play for Cardiff, end of. And it's hard to do something in the German league when he is injured, and have been since his second game. First rule of smug is to have a clue..

Sun May 24, 2015 11:24 pm

wez1927 wrote:

He's only played 2 games for Freiburg because of a knee injury

Mon May 25, 2015 12:57 am

Absolutely laughable that some fans have the decency to slag off Daehli, such a young lad

Mon May 25, 2015 6:26 am

BlueSince1908 wrote:Absolutely laughable that some fans have the decency to slag off Daehli, such a young lad

Totally agree

Mon May 25, 2015 8:03 am

He's to slow and isn't strong enough and doesn't make the right runs,best way I can describe him is he's like one them street tricksters he got all the fancy touches but put him on a big pitch and he's lost,doesn't know how to make a run out wide,gets pushed off the ball in the middle the park no surprise he's not played more in Germany

Mon May 25, 2015 8:21 am

Scandinavianbluebird wrote:
mugsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Like most young talent.. Inconsistent.. He should play for Cardiff, end of. And it's hard to do something in the German league when he is injured, and have been since his second game. First rule of smug is to have a clue..

Spot on Scandinavian, especially with the 'smug' comment!
He was just a very talented kid with us & should have been nurtured. People thinking he was the finished article are laughable.

Mon May 25, 2015 9:39 am

BlueSince1908 wrote:Absolutely laughable that some fans have the decency to slag off Daehli, such a young lad

Absolutely insane! The lad is light years ahead in talent of anything we have at the club. Ole didn't do much right but signing Dahli was amongst his few achievements. Then some fool got rid of him!

Mon May 25, 2015 9:44 am

Dhaeli has so much potential. The way he kept the ball in tight situations was excellent. Not the finished article and wouldn't fit into a 4-4-2 but should've been kept, nurtured and had the team built around him

Mon May 25, 2015 10:44 am

Daehli has massive potential but really lacks the physicality and consistency required for the top flight. I think he could actually thrive in France or Spain. The more physical English and German leagues don't help him at all. If he doesn't look to make a right move soon then his career will be going nowhere fast.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:02 am

Zabier wrote:Daehli has massive potential but really lacks the physicality and consistency required for the top flight. I think he could actually thrive in France or Spain. The more physical English and German leagues don't help him at all. If he doesn't look to make a right move soon then his career will be going nowhere fast.

Disagree. Consistency doesn't exist when at his age. That comes with experience. Very few players have that at young age. Yes he is small, but if what you say is right players like Silva wouldn't stand a chance. Even the championship is moving towards modern football, and the only one who doesn't understand that is Slade. Been a disastrous season for him. First starting of slow under Ole, frozen out by Slade and his injury in Germany. It's redicolous reading the comments about him in Germany. He was Freiburgs MOM both games he played, and that was even after not playing games for quite some time. I don't think he will move away from Freiburg, but focus on his health and get going again. There are so much young talent there, and he could thrive and develop for a couple of years more. He was rated 67 best young talent in the world this season, and I don't think you will see that anytime soon at Cardiff. I hate Slade with passion for letting him go!

Mon May 25, 2015 11:34 am

Zabier wrote:Daehli has massive potential but really lacks the physicality and consistency required for the top flight. I think he could actually thrive in France or Spain. The more physical English and German leagues don't help him at all. If he doesn't look to make a right move soon then his career will be going nowhere fast.

Disagree. Consistency doesn't exist when at his age. That comes with experience. Very few players have that at young age. Yes he is small, but if what you say is right players like Silva wouldn't stand a chance. Even the championship is moving towards modern football, and the only one who doesn't understand that is Slade. Been a disastrous season for him. First starting of slow under Ole, frozen out by Slade and his injury in Germany. It's redicolous reading the comments about him in Germany. He was Freiburgs MOM both games he played, and that was even after not playing games for quite some time. I don't think he will move away from Freiburg, but focus on his health and get going again. There are so much young talent there, and he could thrive and develop for a couple of years more. He was rated 67 best young talent in the world this season, and I don't think you will see that anytime soon at Cardiff. I hate Slade with passion for letting him go!

100% agree with you and I feel the same way about Slade

Mon May 25, 2015 2:42 pm

Another good, sensible post and puts to shame people banging on about him being to small etc.

Mon May 25, 2015 3:28 pm

mugsy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

I am not being smug ( could be as a 'scandanavian bluebird', you are biased possibly?! ). I stand by my comments about Daeli - decent in small periods of play and then you wouldn't know he was on the pitch. Also not in Ramsey's class. :thumbup: :wave: