Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' COMEBACK IS NEARLY COMPLETE '

Sat May 23, 2015 1:08 pm

Rangers are in the Scottish Premiership play off 2 legged final versus Motherwell.

They have lost today to Hibs 1-0 but have gone through on a 2-1 aggregate.

The Scottish play offs are long winded compared to the English system, they played a 2 legged quarter final against Queen of the South, then the 2 matches in the semis against Hibs before playing the 11th finished team from the Premiership over 2 games.

I hope Rangers get back to the Premiership for their fans.

Just 2 games away against their manager, Stuart McCall, former team Motherwell stand in their way and a party in the West End of Glasgow.

Re: ' COMEBACK IS NEARLY COMPLETE '

Sat May 23, 2015 1:23 pm

Go on Rangers, Superb Support and they deserve to be back up there :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat May 23, 2015 1:25 pm

carlccfc wrote:Rangers are in the Scottish Premiership play off 2 legged final versus Motherwell.

They have lost today to Hibs 1-0 but have gone through on a 2-1 aggregate.

The Scottish play offs are long winded compared to the English system, they played a 2 legged quarter final against Queen of the South, then the 2 matches in the semis against Hibs before playing the 11th finished team from the Premiership over 2 games.

I hope Rangers get back to the Premiership for their fans.

Just 2 games away against their manager, Stuart McCall, former team Motherwell stand in their way and a party in the West End of Glasgow.

.......and just about every other part of Scotland. Rangers, and Celtic, fans are everywhere. Hope Hibs get promoted next season too. It's been very strange this year with Rangers, Herats, and Hibs in the Championship.

Sat May 23, 2015 1:28 pm

Good luck to them in the final :thumbright:

Sat May 23, 2015 1:49 pm

On my way back from Easter road. Hate them and their bigoted fans. Scottish football is rotten to the core and the SFA are desperate to get them back up.

Constantly being bailed out and although gone bust once no lessons learned and up to their eyeballs in debt where as proper clubs like Hibs invest in their infrastructure and pay their debts property in a controlled manner get nothing.

Although I must admit over the 2 games they beat us we were the better side but couldn't get the ball in the net.

I can't stand them, until I lived here I never understood why fill had such an issue with them but now I've seen it with my own eyes I totally get it. Hope that well beat them but I doubt it will happen.

Sun May 24, 2015 9:47 am

Got my ticket for thursday,travel is a nightmare from Cardiff to Glasgow nowadays tho.Should be a good atmosphere,havent been to Ibrox for a while now,looking forward,cmon Rangers :D

Sun May 24, 2015 11:47 am

Good luck Rangers, they fully deserve to be back where they belong :thumbup:

Sun May 24, 2015 12:09 pm

It's not a comeback as it's a new club ain't it?

Sun May 24, 2015 12:15 pm

maccydee wrote:It's not a comeback as it's a new club ain't it?

Have to say, I agree! :thumbup:

No better than the re-formed FC Swansea franchise (and certain other teams) IMHO! :(

We can all knock Sam, Riddler and Tan, but we should be proud that OUR club avoided their route! :ayatollah:

Sun May 24, 2015 12:24 pm

Sven wrote:

Have to say, I agree! :thumbup:

No better than the re-formed FC Swansea franchise (and certain other teams) IMHO! :(

We can all knock Sam, Riddler and Tan, but we should be proud that OUR club avoided their route! :ayatollah:

One man out of them three who helped us avoid that. The other two were complicit in our fall towards that route.

Mon May 25, 2015 9:52 am

DESPITE claims that Rangers are a new club, FIFA have stepped into the argument and insisted that Rangers are the same football club.

FIFA have stepped into the Rangers argument by announcing the Ibrox side ARE the same club.

Following the reign of Craig Whyte, Rangers were relegated to the bottom tier of Scottish football following the operating company’s liquidation with many Scottish football fans saying Rangers are a new club and calling them Sevco - in reference to the name of the company Charles Green set up to run the club, with Celtic fans even paying for an advert in a newspaper to state that Rangers are a new club .

But FIFA have now rejected those claims as they promote the latest edition of their weekly magazine saying: “After their enforced relegation in 2012, Glasgow Rangers are in the hunt for promotion back to Scotland’s top flight.”

VIEW GALLERY
The statement comes a matter of months after SPFL chief Neil Doncaster also stated that Rangers are the same club when he said: Doncaster said: “In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time.

“The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same.

“It’s the same club, absolutely.

“The member club is the entity that participates in our league and we have 42 member clubs.

“Those clubs may be owned by a company, sometimes it’s a Private Limited Company, sometimes it’s a PLC, but ultimately, the company is a legal entity in its own right, which owns a member club that participates in the league.

“It was put to bed by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission some while ago – it’s the same club.”

Mon May 25, 2015 11:19 am

sendintank wrote:

DESPITE claims that Rangers are a new club, FIFA have stepped into the argument and insisted that Rangers are the same football club.

FIFA have stepped into the Rangers argument by announcing the Ibrox side ARE the same club.

Following the reign of Craig Whyte, Rangers were relegated to the bottom tier of Scottish football following the operating company’s liquidation with many Scottish football fans saying Rangers are a new club and calling them Sevco - in reference to the name of the company Charles Green set up to run the club, with Celtic fans even paying for an advert in a newspaper to state that Rangers are a new club .

But FIFA have now rejected those claims as they promote the latest edition of their weekly magazine saying: “After their enforced relegation in 2012, Glasgow Rangers are in the hunt for promotion back to Scotland’s top flight.”

VIEW GALLERY
The statement comes a matter of months after SPFL chief Neil Doncaster also stated that Rangers are the same club when he said: Doncaster said: “In terms of the question about old club, new club, that was settled very much by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission that was put together by the SPL to look at EBT payments at that time.

“The decision, very clearly from the commission, was that the club is the same, the club continues, albeit it is owned by a new company, but the club is the same.

“It’s the same club, absolutely.

“The member club is the entity that participates in our league and we have 42 member clubs.

“Those clubs may be owned by a company, sometimes it’s a Private Limited Company, sometimes it’s a PLC, but ultimately, the company is a legal entity in its own right, which owns a member club that participates in the league.

“It was put to bed by the Lord Nimmo Smith commission some while ago – it’s the same club.”

Should pay what they owe then.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:28 am

And how much are ccfc in debt exactly??

Mon May 25, 2015 11:30 am

Point is tho,its EXACTLY the same club.Rangers then,Rangers now,Rangers forever byebye :wave:

Mon May 25, 2015 11:32 am

sendintank wrote:And how much are ccfc in debt exactly??

Hugely different. We haven't been let off debts due to liquidating one company and forming another. Our debt is considerable but to one man.

Mon May 25, 2015 11:54 am

Debt is debt,point is you are 100% wrong,its EXACTLY the same club,gane set and match!!!! :wave:

Mon May 25, 2015 12:00 pm

sendintank wrote:Debt is debt,point is you are 100% wrong,its EXACTLY the same club,gane set and match!!!! :wave:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... on-1142281

See the bit in the article where it says club liquidated and formed as a newco.

Pretty conclusive.

Gane???

Mon May 25, 2015 12:04 pm

Liquidised and somehow kept all their trophies?

Can't stand rangers at all, get massive favouritism from the SFA and get all decisions going their way from the SFA and referees etc.

Rangers after liquidation went and spent half a million pounds on a team bus (which got torched!) and can somehow afford to pay about 10 times the salaries the other teams in that division are paying. How much is Miller, Boyd, zaliukas, Wallace , canny bell etc on per week? They can't afford it but keep getting bailed out by the likes of Mike Ashley (who subsequently loaned them about 5 players). A total shambles of a club.

Mon May 25, 2015 12:10 pm

maccydee wrote:
sendintank wrote:Debt is debt,point is you are 100% wrong,its EXACTLY the same club,gane set and match!!!! :wave:

Pretty conclusive.

Gane???

Spot on. Good old Sevco.

Mon May 25, 2015 12:19 pm

mr_nellio wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Pretty conclusive.

Gane???

Spot on. Good old Sevco.

So the mirrors right and FIFA and the SFA are wrong,ur clutching straws here.This started as a positive football post,that 2 guys have not only turned into a negative one,but are 100% wrong with their argument.Not gonna replY any more as i said game,set match to RFC :thumbup: :wave:

Mon May 25, 2015 12:21 pm

sendintank wrote:
mr_nellio wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Pretty conclusive.

Gane???

Spot on. Good old Sevco.

So the mirrors right and FIFA and the SFA are wrong,ur clutching straws here.This started as a positive football post,that 2 guys have not only turned into a negative one,but are 100% wrong with their argument.Not gonna replY any more as i said game,set match to RFC :thumbup: :wave:

Newco RFC

Mon May 25, 2015 12:36 pm

Fair enough, I've said what I've needed to so I'll make this my last post on the matter.

Rangers are hated by half of Glasgow and generally by the rest of Scottish football fans. Only one reason for that.

I'm proud to support Hibernian, a club with morals and ethics and not a bunch of cheats like "the" rangers. I'd also put hearts into this bracket too. Hope you get emptied by Motherwell in the final but I bet you get all decisions going your way and if all else fails then I'm sure the SFA will take a look at an SPL restructue.

Thu May 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Oh dear

Thu May 28, 2015 9:49 pm

FT - Rangers 1:3 Motherwell .