Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" As Sick as a Dog "

Sat May 23, 2015 8:51 am

Norwich Sick As A Dog After Tickets Get Eaten

Norwich v Boro at Wembley

Saturday 23rd May 2015

Everyone knows the old excuse for not doing your homework... my dog ate it. You know it. You may have even used it. The people you probably don't expect to have to tell it to are the people who are printing the tickets for the Championship Play-Off Final at Wembley.

But Norwich City fan Matt Grimmer had to do exactly that after his pet cockapoo chewed up all three tickets he had for the match against Middlesborough on Monday.

I went to work like normal on the Wednesday and put the tickets where I thought would be a safe place, on a side unit rather than the breakfast bar where they could have been mistaken for recycling.
Matt Grimmer, speaking to ITV News
A solid precuation if there ever was one. Only, it wasn't, because his wife called him a number of times during an important meeting at work.

The phone rang a couple of times and I ignored it. I could see it was my wife ringing me. Then a text came through saying, 'can you ring me urgently?'
When he called back, fearful something had happened to a family member, he found out his dog Freddie had climbed up onto the side unit and chewed his way through the tickets.

Naturally, when he rocked up at Carrow Road the next day to explain what had happened, no-one believed him. That was until he produced the evidence.

As I was queuing up, I explained what had happened and was told, 'yeah, we've heard some excuses in the past..'. Eventually, I pulled my tickets out and they couldn't believe it. I had tried to sellotape them together but it wasn't savable.
Luckily for the family, and the dog, Wembley Stadium have promised to print new ones which the Grimmer family can pick up from 12pm on Monday.

And if you believe in superstition, Matt thinks Norwich will be going up because something similar apparently happened to a QPR fan last year.

We'll see, Matt. We'll see.

Re: " As Sick as a Dog "

Sat May 23, 2015 10:54 am

Glad to hear that there's a happy ending. But next time, put them in a drawer! And lock it.

Re: " As Sick as a Dog "

Sun May 24, 2015 1:37 pm

Serves him right for having a f*cking cockapoo