Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

GET RID OF THE WAG LEECHES

Sat May 23, 2015 6:07 am

A pay rise that loads of people wish they were getting a year in wages

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-32850214

Pay rises will allow AMs to 'deliver even better'
22 May 2015

Proposed pay rises for assembly members have been defended by the man who rubber-stamped the move.

Sandy Blair is the chairman of the independent remuneration board which decided AMs will get a £10,000 rise after next May's assembly elections.
Mr Blair said the increase will lift the ability of "the new team to deliver even better for Wales".
The 18.5% rise will see backbenchers' pay go up from £54,000 to £64,000 which is meant to take account of further devolution.
Labour, Plaid Cymru and Liberal Democrat officials said they are opposed to the move, while the Conservatives said AMs will consider the proposal when they return to Cardiff Bay in two weeks.
Read more
Welsh assembly members will receive a £10,000 pay rise

Re: GET RID OF THE WAG LEECHES

Sat May 23, 2015 8:03 am

They say its because got more work and responsibilities! But they forgot to say they want more of the buggers as well!! :o :o

Sat May 23, 2015 8:47 am

Igovernor wrote:A pay rise that loads of people wish they were getting a year in wages

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-32850214

pigs in f*cking troughs......a kick in the bollocks for the working man who has seen no movement in pay for last 8 years....a friend of mine is a classroom assistant and has just seen pay reduced by £4000 a year.....and these arseholes expect us to back them.....disgraceful......rant over... :ayatollah:

Sat May 23, 2015 9:14 am

Please don't paint everyone with the same brush...

This is what Leanne Wood had to say on the matter

“When many in the public sector and private sector are getting a 1% pay rise, a pay freeze or even a real-tem cut, I cannot support such a large salary increase for Assembly Members. Too many people are living with the effects of austerity and it was for this reason that I turned down my additional leaders’ salary increase of more than £20,000 a year since being elected Plaid Cymru Leader in 2012. I have said before that I would accept the proposed increase when there is a Living Wage for all of the quarter of a million Welsh workers who are currently earning less than is needed to live on and I reiterate that position today."

In fact many of the AMs have come out against this.
http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... se-boycott

Sat May 23, 2015 9:37 am

BlueGog wrote:Please don't paint everyone with the same brush...

“When many in the public sector and private sector are getting a 1% pay rise, a pay freeze or even a real-tem cut, I cannot support such a large salary increase for Assembly Members. Too many people are living with the effects of austerity and it was for this reason that I turned down my additional leaders’ salary increase of more than £20,000 a year since being elected Plaid Cymru Leader in 2012. I have said before that I would accept the proposed increase when there is a Living Wage for all of the quarter of a million Welsh workers who are currently earning less than is needed to live on and I reiterate that position today."

its all retoric theyve known for ages what was on offer yet they allowed the process to co continue? they could have said at beginning we will except 5% rise ! who in right mind will not except 10k rise? they will all quietly take money . :o

Sat May 23, 2015 9:46 am

75% of people not voting for the Assembley.

We should pay them what their worth, which is not alot judging by their performance, and giving more powers to these incompetetents is disastrous.

We need another referendum, because if the quality of our leaders doesnt improve, they can never be taken seriously.

Sat May 23, 2015 9:47 am

sorry but you have no idea of how hard it is in the REAL world.....it doesnt just stop at wages....i wonder how much money is spent on feeding this lot on freebie lunches etc......and lets not go into expenses......a joke of a place at tax payers expense...owww and this is just my opinion...

Sat May 23, 2015 10:47 am

pembroke allan wrote:

its all retoric theyve known for ages what was on offer yet they allowed the process to co continue? they could have said at beginning we will except 5% rise ! who in right mind will not except 10k rise? they will all quietly take money . :o

That is bang on the money Alan they have known that this is going to come ever since the vote for more powers happened!!! The 'no' campaign actually warned is that this would happen together with an increase of AMs which both have now happened!!!

Sat May 23, 2015 10:55 am

I thought all the party leaders have said they are against the rise, but they would have to wouldn't they. Still going through though.

Sat May 23, 2015 3:29 pm

I was expecting something about footballers girlfriends wasting loads of money :lol:

Sat May 23, 2015 3:48 pm

These AM clowns are career politicians, ineffective and therefore and unnecessary expense in my opinion. As Alan said, they knew this was coming downstream and if they really opposed it, well, their silence has been deafening to say the least. And their current hand-wringing and aghast words now are even more of the hot air they usually spout. They've probably already earmarked the £10k for 3 weeks in Florida anyway, not flying from their pet-project of Cardiff Airport of course as its crap.

They can always put their money where there mouths are and collectively refuse the rise on principle. Like that's ever going to happen. And judging by their well publicised alcoholic antics, it looks like this £700k will be literally pissed up the wall, mostly around the bay area. Get rid.

Sat May 23, 2015 4:10 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:These AM clowns are career politicians, ineffective and therefore and unnecessary expense in my opinion. As Alan said, they knew this was coming downstream and if they really opposed it, well, their silence has been deafening to say the least. And their current hand-wringing and aghast words now are even more of the hot air they usually spout. They've probably already earmarked the £10k for 3 weeks in Florida anyway, not flying from their pet-project of Cardiff Airport of course as its crap.

They can always put their money where there mouths are and collectively refuse the rise on principle. Like that's ever going to happen. And judging by their well publicised alcoholic antics, it looks like this £700k will be literally pissed up the wall, mostly around the bay area. Get rid.

Agree with everything you've said, a complete waste of money.

Sat May 23, 2015 4:13 pm

They are not worth it in the first place and this increase is scandalous. :evil:

Sat May 23, 2015 4:58 pm

I agree with lot's of the comments, but please remember it's been Labour running the WAG since the beginning and they've done a very poor job, no ambition at all.
When the SNP took control in the Scottish Assembly attitudes there changed because it was now run by people who cared about their country. I think the same would be true in Wales should Plaid gain a majority

Sat May 23, 2015 5:47 pm

BlueGog wrote:I agree with lot's of the comments, but please remember it's been Labour running the WAG since the beginning and they've done a very poor job, no ambition at all.
When the SNP took control in the Scottish Assembly attitudes there changed because it was now run by people who cared about their country. I think the same would be true in Wales should Plaid gain a majority

Correct,were run by Labour and in my opinion they have done a bad job for Wales.

Sat May 23, 2015 10:37 pm

BlueGog wrote:I agree with lot's of the comments, but please remember it's been Labour running the WAG since the beginning and they've done a very poor job, no ambition at all.

good god the end is nigh if give plaid control of wales they wouldnt even be able to agree on what wine to serve in bar?? :old:

whilst agree with welsh language being put first they would take it to another level and shove it down our throats wether we like it or not!!! :shock:

Sat May 23, 2015 11:20 pm

Were you not alive then when there was a Labour/Plaid collation then ? It was only a few years ago ffs!!!!

Sun May 24, 2015 1:44 am

Military Junta wrote:

Were you not alive then when there was a Labour/Plaid collation then ? It was only a few years ago ffs!!!!

I think that included, uhm, LABOUR running WAG, Adam! :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol:

(And it's a 'Coalition') ;)

Sun May 24, 2015 8:47 am

Cameron has just announced a five year pay freeze on all government ministers and wants MP to agree to a 1% yearly rise, can you imagine our Assembly shower agreeing to this. The additional cost to the tax payer of this 'Welsh Assembly' is huge, and for doing a job that was done and can still be done in Whitehall / Cardiff by a department!

Sun May 24, 2015 9:08 am

Its shoved down our throats now - grow up in Cardiff all my life, and be told what to do by a bunch of outsiders speaking a different language - sod off.

Sun May 24, 2015 9:14 am

ManInBlack wrote:Cameron has just announced a five year pay freeze on all government ministers and wants MP to agree to a 1% yearly rise, can you imagine our Assembly shower agreeing to this. The additional cost to the tax payer of this 'Welsh Assembly' is huge, and for doing a job that was done and can still be done in Whitehall / Cardiff by a department!

The entire British government is corrupt, loathes the middle and working class and actually benefits from many of the policies that do great harm to the people at ground level. For example, the establishment of which is made up of a political elite, an economic elite and those high up in the media (often part of the economic elite), are all in cahoots with one another and manipulate the system to their own gains. If you think your vote has any true say on what is going to happen then sadly you are misinformed.

The multinationals benefit from high regulation that cripples SME's because SME's struggle to compete due to this putting such a strain on their finances. However, these same regulations do not harm multinationals because they have access to the funds to comply with them. Furthermore, the tax system actually damages SME's who often don't have the funds to pay for top dollar accountants and favours the multinationals who, when one loophole closes (often another is opened as its all a trick by the political system to make it look like they're tackling the issue) simply pay for a highly skilled accountant to find another loophole so they pay less tax percentage wise.

The UK is as corrupt if not more corrupt than many of the countries it hypocritically criticises. The Crips and Bloods are blue and red but they're still organised gangs. Labour and the Conservatives are blue and red but they're still organised mafia working in the interests of the economic elite who control economic policy by proxy and the government go along with it to ensure their lives as part of the establishment and political class aren't jeopardised. Democracy my backside. The UK is a two state tyranny masquerading as some sort of democratic nation when in reality the option is establishment or establishment where those in power want more and more control over the people (i.e. CCTV, Snoopers Charter, speed cameras, etc).

You can pretend you have true liberal freedoms all you like in the UK but you don't. Heck, you get controlled to such an extent that you're even told what rubbish must go in what bin like children in school. If they truly cared about the environment they'd be investing money into researching how to produce more economically friendly aircraft. Instead, its easier to levy the costs and blame on the average Joe rather than their big friends who own the airports. They can do it, but they won't. They can commit to ensuring top car manufacturers only produce more eco-friendly cars but they don't. They'd rather you continue to purchase highly expensive petrol and diesel cars, tax you to oblivion for doing so and levy the cost on you.

The UK is declining at a fairly steady rate and all these lies about a 'recovering economy' are hilarious. The UK is still borrowing, debt is still flying up and the debt interest repayments are more than half of what gets invested annually into education. Education, which is paramount to the success of a nation in both economic and social aspects, should, along with health be getting the most money.

Sun May 24, 2015 9:55 am

balkanblue wrote:
ManInBlack wrote:Cameron has just announced a five year pay freeze on all government ministers and wants MP to agree to a 1% yearly rise, can you imagine our Assembly shower agreeing to this. The additional cost to the tax payer of this 'Welsh Assembly' is huge, and for doing a job that was done and can still be done in Whitehall / Cardiff by a department!

The entire British government is corrupt, loathes the middle and working class and actually benefits from many of the policies that do great harm to the people at ground level. For example, the establishment of which is made up of a political elite, an economic elite and those high up in the media (often part of the economic elite), are all in cahoots with one another and manipulate the system to their own gains. If you think your vote has any true say on what is going to happen then sadly you are misinformed.

The multinationals benefit from high regulation that cripples SME's because SME's struggle to compete due to this putting such a strain on their finances. However, these same regulations do not harm multinationals because they have access to the funds to comply with them. Furthermore, the tax system actually damages SME's who often don't have the funds to pay for top dollar accountants and favours the multinationals who, when one loophole closes (often another is opened as its all a trick by the political system to make it look like they're tackling the issue) simply pay for a highly skilled accountant to find another loophole so they pay less tax percentage wise.

The UK is as corrupt if not more corrupt than many of the countries it hypocritically criticises. The Crips and Bloods are blue and red but they're still organised gangs. Labour and the Conservatives are blue and red but they're still organised mafia working in the interests of the economic elite who control economic policy by proxy and the government go along with it to ensure their lives as part of the establishment and political class aren't jeopardised. Democracy my backside. The UK is a two state tyranny masquerading as some sort of democratic nation when in reality the option is establishment or establishment where those in power want more and more control over the people (i.e. CCTV, Snoopers Charter, speed cameras, etc).

You can pretend you have true liberal freedoms all you like in the UK but you don't. Heck, you get controlled to such an extent that you're even told what rubbish must go in what bin like children in school. If they truly cared about the environment they'd be investing money into researching how to produce more economically friendly aircraft. Instead, its easier to levy the costs and blame on the average Joe rather than their big friends who own the airports. They can do it, but they won't. They can commit to ensuring top car manufacturers only produce more eco-friendly cars but they don't. They'd rather you continue to purchase highly expensive petrol and diesel cars, tax you to oblivion for doing so and levy the cost on you.

The UK is declining at a fairly steady rate and all these lies about a 'recovering economy' are hilarious. The UK is still borrowing, debt is still flying up and the debt interest repayments are more than half of what gets invested annually into education. Education, which is paramount to the success of a nation in both economic and social aspects, should, along with health be getting the most money.

Very interesting. Totally agree with your last part regarding health & education,,,,I think I'm right in saying that educational levels of standard in the UK is one of the worst in the current European Union???

Sun May 24, 2015 10:19 am

balkanblue wrote:

Very good post and very true of course. The problem is when you spent more on education and open the eyes of the masses they start to see what's happening and ask questions about our corrupt system!

Sun May 24, 2015 10:36 am

same pigs different colour tie....simples.....

Sun May 24, 2015 10:53 am

BlueGog wrote:Very good post and very true of course. The problem is when you spent more on education and open the eyes of the masses they start to see what's happening and ask questions about our corrupt system!

Couldn't agree more mate.

Sun May 24, 2015 1:08 pm

So the politicians give themselves a pay rise, whats new?

Sun May 24, 2015 1:22 pm

Sven wrote:
Military Junta wrote:

I think that included, uhm, LABOUR running WAG, Adam! :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol:

(And it's a 'Coalition') ;)

Apologies for the drunken spelling but Plaid and the Lib Dems have been sharing the power within the WAG too in the past so they can't be free of blame either

Sun May 24, 2015 4:36 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales ... sh-9318870

It's not all bad, not too many MP's would do this. Fair play (quite literally) to them.

With EVEL (English votes for English laws) and a reduction of Welsh MP's by 25% it is really important to have a strong Assembly.

Look at the recent election, most people in Wales vote Labour (no idea why) and we end up with a Tory government.

With Scotland going the way it is, we are heading towards a more federal structure. That is the way it is, all parties, including UKIP are signed up to that.

Without the Assembly we would just get rolled up into Englandandwales without anyones needs getting served.

Many people are critical of AM's, without acknowledging that the pay rise is aimed at getting a higher calibre of people into the Assembly.

The forthcoming Wales Bill secures the existence of the Assembly (the law will pretty much state that no Government can abolish without the will of the Welsh people)

It's the way forward, get on board.

Wed May 27, 2015 1:47 pm

From the queen's mouth:

'Permanence of the assembly and the Welsh government to be enshrined in law'

Puts to bed this discussion. :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Now lets get rid of Labour.

Wed May 27, 2015 2:15 pm

pembroke allan wrote:

good god the end is nigh if give plaid control of wales they wouldnt even be able to agree on what wine to serve in bar?? :old:

whilst agree with welsh language being put first they would take it to another level and shove it down our throats wether we like it or not!!! :shock:

And how exactly is it shoved down your throats?