Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Leicester City owners "

Fri May 22, 2015 3:51 pm

Leicester City: Free beer for Foxes fans against QPR :thumbup:

How often do club owners give their fans something for free? :lol:

Leicester City's owners will dip into their pockets and buy the first round of beers during Sunday's final game of the season against QPR.

The Foxes secured their Premier League status last week and vice chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha said: "We want to say thank you to our fans for their incredible support this season.

"It's been key in the team securing another season in the top flight."

Supporters will be given a voucher to claim a beer - or a bottle of water - at the King Power Stadium.

QPR fans travelling to Leicester and hoping to drown their relegation sorrows on the cheap will be disappointed though, as the offer only extends to home fans.

The BBC Sport's Price of Football study found that the Foxes offered the cheapest day out in the Premier League this season, with a ticket, pie, programme and a cup of tea costing as little as £27.50.

Leicester's owners have been spoiling their fans recently, having provided breakfast for the 3,000 supporters who travelled to Sunderland last week.

Re: " Leicester City owners "

Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Well Done to them :thumbright: a similar club like Stoke City look after their fans :ayatollah:

Fri May 22, 2015 4:08 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Well Done to them :thumbright: a similar club like Stoke City look after their fans :ayatollah:

Great club Leicester :thumbup: Shame our owner doesn't do this now and again :lol: :bluescarf:

Fri May 22, 2015 5:41 pm

All we were offered travelling to Ipswich was a rank Peters sausage roll. Leicester get beer and breakfast, we get lips and arseholes.

Fri May 22, 2015 5:47 pm

GrangeEndStar wrote:All we were offered travelling to Ipswich was a rank Peters sausage roll. Leicester get beer and breakfast, we get lips and arseholes.

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sat May 23, 2015 6:12 am

I was in bangkok airport the other day, they have a Leicester city shop in there with a TV showing highlights and selling merchandise. Not sure how much they sell but credit to him for putting them out there if they start to climb the table they could do what Vincent tan oh so miserable failed to do with us in Malaysia.

Sat May 23, 2015 7:45 am

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:How often do club owners give their fans something for free? :lol:

Oh dear remember those "red" scarfs :oops:

Sat May 23, 2015 7:52 am

Ninian Knight wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:How often do club owners give their fans something for free? :lol:

As part of a 'fresh start' I don't think it would hurt for the club to give a free scarf to everyone at the first home game.

So much heartache over the rebrand we as fans with the clubs blessing and encouragement should put the effort in to make the ground blue.

A lot of effort has to go in to get the feel good factor and pride back

Sat May 23, 2015 8:00 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Ninian Knight wrote:

As part of a 'fresh start' I don't think it would hurt for the club to give a free scarf to everyone at the first home game.

So much heartache over the rebrand we as fans with the clubs blessing and encouragement should put the effort in to make the ground blue.

A lot of effort has to go in to get the feel good factor and pride back

I agree.

Tan needs to make more effort and this is a gesture that would help.

Sat May 23, 2015 8:36 am

Ninian Knight wrote:

Nice to see consistency from you here Ninian Knight... :old:

Sat May 23, 2015 10:31 am

Ninian Knight wrote:

My worst ever night of watching Cardiff City :twisted: :evil:

Sat May 23, 2015 11:05 pm

We would not do that but saying that even free is a rip of for a pint of piss

Sat May 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Well Done to them :thumbright: a similar club like Stoke City look after their fans :ayatollah:

Great club Leicester :thumbup: Shame our owner doesn't do this now and again :lol: :bluescarf:

yes and i bet 90 odd clubs fans say same thing about their owners!!!! :lol:

Sun May 24, 2015 11:37 am

pembroke allan wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:

yes and i bet 90 odd clubs fans say same thing about their owners!!!! :lol:

The club owes the fans big time for sticking by them through the most cringe-worthy rebrand ever in football. Sometimes I think you believe the fans aren't deserving of any gestures of gratitude for their continuing unconditional support.

The Thai owners have really shown Tan up along with the rest of them. Just think, if the club had this kind of fortune in finding owners like these.

Goes to show that there was investors out there that would of enhanced the club. We have gone backwards under Tan.

Thailand is 100% awesome too, I have been subjected to 3-4 years of advertising to Visit Malaysia, never been and never will