Play-Offs

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Play-Offs

Postby James the bluebird boy » Tue May 05, 2015 7:35 pm

Looking forward to watching the championship play-offs with my heart rate at a normal level for once! :lol: Something tells me that either Norwich or Boro will bottle it because the pressure is on them. Think the dark horses are Brentford but I actually think they will win it.
League 1 is another tough one to call. I what Swindon to win for a number of reasons. 1) It's a close away trip. 2) Chesterfield and Preston both contain rumoured transfer targets. (Garner and Morsy)

Who do you want to win the play-offs and why? :bluescarf: :sladein:
James the bluebird boy

Play-Offs

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: Play-Offs

Postby trentuniblue » Tue May 05, 2015 11:43 pm

I hope Norwich win the championship play offs as its an awkward away trip, and I think they deserve it! I wouldn't be gutted if Middlesbrough went up either, as its also a long trip!

League one, anyone except Preston for me as the others are all short trips either from South Wales or from Nottingham, and they would all be stadiums that I haven't been to yet
trentuniblue

Postby worcester_ccfc » Wed May 06, 2015 2:23 am

Not too bothered about the Championship players. If I had to say, I'd say Ipswich to win them.

Interested in League One, to see who we've got next season. Hoping Chesterfield come up as it'll be a new ground to go to. If not them, then Swindon would be good as it's nice and close :thumbright:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Norman146 » Wed May 06, 2015 6:12 am

Don't know whether this is true but just a thought.

Pressure could be on Norwich for more reasons as they don't seem to have embarked on any cost cutting like we have and have a squad pretty much full of premier league playerS. If they don't go up now would they have to look at slashíng their wage bill in a similar vein to ours.
Norman146

Postby Essex Bluebird » Wed May 06, 2015 6:37 am

I think Brentford will go up but not bothered either way.
Essex Bluebird

Postby Wolfpac » Wed May 06, 2015 11:20 am

Brentford for me, though Norwich have everything in place for an instant return.

League 1 - I want Chesterfield to go up, they play nice solid football plus they know how to slug out a result however I see Preston winning it as their strike force of Garner and Beckford is ridiculous for a league 1 side.

Swindon are diabolical, I often go see them as my missus lives up there, since January they've been appalling and I expect them to be knocked out in their play off games with the Blades. Their only saving grace is manager Mark Cooper who can be a tactical genius at times and definetly will get them mentally prepared.
Wolfpac

Postby Zabier » Wed May 06, 2015 11:36 am

Norman146 wrote:Don't know whether this is true but just a thought.

Pressure could be on Norwich for more reasons as they don't seem to have embarked on any cost cutting like we have and have a squad pretty much full of premier league playerS. If they don't go up now would they have to look at slashíng their wage bill in a similar vein to ours.

To be fair, I don't think they're £150 million in debt like we are!

That said, every season away from the Premier League sees a reduction in parachute payments and a step closer to the reality of the Football League so I don't think they will be able to improve their squad greatly if they stay down.
Zabier

Postby maccydee » Wed May 06, 2015 11:52 am

James the bluebird boy wrote:Looking forward to watching the championship play-offs with my heart rate at a normal level for once! :lol: Something tells me that either Norwich or Boro will bottle it because the pressure is on them. Think the dark horses are Brentford but I actually think they will win it.
League 1 is another tough one to call. I what Swindon to win for a number of reasons. 1) It's a close away trip. 2) Chesterfield and Preston both contain rumoured transfer targets. (Garner and Morsy)

Who do you want to win the play-offs and why? :bluescarf: :sladein:

No wonder people don't think you are 11. Heart rate at normal level. Last time we were in play offs you would have been 8? That wouldn't have been a heart rate affecting affair either as we were hammered by West Ham.
maccydee

Postby VincentTanOut » Wed May 06, 2015 4:17 pm

I want Brentford to win, but I think Norwich will. Imagine Brentford and Bournemouth going up, gives us all hope.
VincentTanOut

Postby Bushy Eyebrows » Wed May 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Ideally Norwich go up as it's a monotonous journey, but I do fancy Brentford (can we have season long loan for Warburton with Slade as your scout please +KJ & ALF ;) Ideally Swindon for L1 due to distance, but Preston makes for a exciting alternative Blackpool weekender potential fixture, though I think Chesterfield might edge their way up. Let the fixtures unfold. I myself am looking forward to Port Talbot fixture in WPL Europa Cup semi final at the Sand Siro against Newtown this Saturday, I think all football fans looking for a tasty fixture with a knock out on the day 1 leg format for the Semi's should head to PT as the season is winding to a close. SLADE OUT
Bushy Eyebrows

Postby maccydee » Wed May 06, 2015 5:25 pm

Why was a post deleted off this thread?
maccydee

Postby Blueheaven75 » Wed May 06, 2015 7:51 pm

Hi all i'm going for Norwich Brentford with Norwich to win ,in the 1st div going for Preston and think its between Plymouth and Wycombe with me edging for plymouth in div 2
After me picking the first two in the championship this year i have a good feeling for some more cash to come my way :) :) :) :D :D :D
Blueheaven75

Return to General Chat