Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ronaldo

Tue May 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Cristiano Ronaldo has just equalised for Real Madrid in the Champions League semi-final first leg against Juventus in Turin, meaning that he is the all-time champions league top-scorer.
Don't really like his attitude on the pitch and I think he holds back Bale with his greediness, but his talent is there for all to see and he is an incredible athlete.
In my opinion, Messi is better because he is breathtaking to watch and affects games more than Ronaldo without scoring a goal. Who do you think is better? :bluescarf: :ayatollah:

Re: Ronaldo

Tue May 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Messi.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:34 pm

Messi because I feel like you, Ronaldo plays more for himself than the team.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:37 pm

Ronaldo is the best athlete.

Messi is by far the most gifted.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 pm

Messi.

Ronaldo is unbelievable in front of goal but he just doesn't effect the game like Messi does. Messi is a genius, he plays with pictures in his head, has incredible vision, possibly the best passer of the ball in the world and like Ronaldo is a ridiculous goalscorer. On top of all that the guy is impossible to get the ball off he twists and turns players in side out.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:46 pm

Ronaldo is a much better player.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:03 pm

On a slightly different note. Bale looked disinterested tonight, really looks like he don't wanna be at that club anymore. Love to see him come back to the UK....man united, man city, Chelsea, or even pairing up with Rambo at arsenal. They would win the league with a confident bale in their side. He looks disheartened at Madrid.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:03 pm

Well it certainly wasn't Bale tonight!!

Tue May 05, 2015 10:45 pm

In my opinion, even when Ronaldo isn't having a good game, he does something that defines why he should be playing. Whereas I've seen Messi (especially last season) I genuinely didn't know he was playing in 5 or 6 games. There were games where he got the ball and looked lost. I think Ronaldo can adapt his game more if things aren't great...I know he can throw a hissy fit if things aren't going his way, but he will still give it another go, and try something new

Wed May 06, 2015 7:34 am

Ronaldo is the more all rounded player, but I think Messi is the better player. It's always going to be an endless debate though, I prefer to just appreciate what both players bring to football. What even are Ronaldo and Messi? They're not wingers, nor strikers, but not number 10's either. Think these two players have created a new position for their generation.

Wed May 06, 2015 7:57 am

Messi is much better. No question, Messi is a more complete footballer, not attribute wise. But Messi can do all the important things better, dribbling, playmaking, creativeness, long and short passing. They occur a lot more than Ronaldo's attributes such as heading, where that pops up once every few games.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:54 am

trentuniblue wrote:In my opinion, even when Ronaldo isn't having a good game, he does something that defines why he should be playing. Whereas I've seen Messi (especially last season) I genuinely didn't know he was playing in 5 or 6 games. There were games where he got the ball and looked lost. I think Ronaldo can adapt his game more if things aren't great...I know he can throw a hissy fit if things aren't going his way, but he will still give it another go, and try something new

I completely disagree. When Messi's playing bad, he's still involved with play. When Ronaldo's playing bad, he's invisible, don't be deceived by yesterday where Ronaldo played bad and scored (which was put on a plate for him anyway). Take Atletico Madrid for example, I can't remember the last time he played well against them, he clearly doesn't "adapt his game if things aren't going great" vs them. He doesn't adapt his play style at all, he only has one. Messi can take on the creator role or the scorer role and be the best in the world at both.

Wed May 06, 2015 10:48 am

VincentTanOut wrote:
trentuniblue wrote:In my opinion, even when Ronaldo isn't having a good game, he does something that defines why he should be playing. Whereas I've seen Messi (especially last season) I genuinely didn't know he was playing in 5 or 6 games. There were games where he got the ball and looked lost. I think Ronaldo can adapt his game more if things aren't great...I know he can throw a hissy fit if things aren't going his way, but he will still give it another go, and try something new

I completely disagree. When Messi's playing bad, he's still involved with play. When Ronaldo's playing bad, he's invisible, don't be deceived by yesterday where Ronaldo played bad and scored (which was put on a plate for him anyway). Take Atletico Madrid for example, I can't remember the last time he played well against them, he clearly doesn't "adapt his game if things aren't going great" vs them. He doesn't adapt his play style at all, he only has one. Messi can take on the creator role or the scorer role and be the best in the world at both.

I didn't get a chance to watch the game yesterday, I've just seen too many games where, once Messi struggles to beat a player the first few times, that's game over for him. They are both outstanding players, but for me, Ronaldo edges it

Wed May 06, 2015 11:05 am

trentuniblue wrote:
VincentTanOut wrote:

I didn't get a chance to watch the game yesterday, I've just seen too many games where, once Messi struggles to beat a player the first few times, that's game over for him. They are both outstanding players, but for me, Ronaldo edges it

Yep, that's exactly what happens with Messi. *sigh*

Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 am

Depressed Blue wrote:Ronaldo is the best athlete.

Messi is by far the most gifted.

Agree with this. I think Messi is the more naturally gifted but Ronaldo has worked harder to get where he is. Not saying Messi has sleep walked into his position but he's got more natural footballing ability.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:44 pm

No one ever mentions if Ronaldo is the best ever footballer, yet everyone argues that messi is the greatest ever. For me, that answers the question of who is the best
Last edited by mr'mogreenz on Wed May 06, 2015 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:45 pm

:laughing6: :laughing6: Messi.

Wed May 06, 2015 8:59 pm

The problem with Ronaldo is, he's trying to hard too beat messi, his whole life seems to be about beating messi. Fuk everything else, fuk his team mates, he just wants to be seen as a better footballer than messi, where as messi is all about playing football for barca. He just wants to be part of a great team and successful with the team he plays for, he dosent care if he's scoring, or setting up goals for neymar, or Suarez. He just wants to be part of a winning team

Thu May 07, 2015 10:42 am

Ronaldo is still better. Messi was quality but he's still not as good. Ronaldo is out of this world, more complete player and has much more flair. Messis only major advantages are his low centre of gravity and team work. I've seen Messi go missing in so many La Liga games its unreal.

Thu May 07, 2015 4:24 pm

mr'mogreenz wrote:The problem with Ronaldo is, he's trying to hard too beat messi, his whole life seems to be about beating messi. Fuk everything else, fuk his team mates, he just wants to be seen as a better footballer than messi, where as messi is all about playing football for barca. He just wants to be part of a great team and successful with the team he plays for, he dosent care if he's scoring, or setting up goals for neymar, or Suarez. He just wants to be part of a winning team

Spot on that for me.
Last week Messi even turned down the chance of completing his hat trick and gave the kick to Neymar. I couldn't exactly see Ronaldo doing that!
For me it's Messi all the way. I watch loads of Spanish football and in my opinion he has more skill than Ronaldo, is a better player and certainly a better team player.

Thu May 07, 2015 4:43 pm

blueminati wrote:Ronaldo is still better. Messi was quality but he's still not as good. Ronaldo is out of this world, more complete player and has much more flair. Messis only major advantages are his low centre of gravity and team work. I've seen Messi go missing in so many La Liga games its unreal.

If you think Messi's only advantages are them you need to go to a mental hospital. I'd recommend you to watch him more, and stop basing your opinions off stats. Could you name 5 games where Messi's gone missing this season? No. I could easily name 5 for Ronaldo.