Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' CARDIFF CITY ANNOUNCE RETAINED LIST '

Tue May 05, 2015 5:27 pm

" U21/DVP RETAIN LIST "

Plus viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158029 :ayatollah:

Tues 5th May 2015

The news of the senior players’ departures comes in conjunction with the completion of the Club’s 2015/16 retain list, which also sees a number of U21/DVP players moving on to pastures new.

Cardiff City Football Club would like to wish Anthony Bell, Jaye Bowen, Gethyn Hill, Danny Johnson, Joe Massaro, Kane Owen, Ben Watkins, Bradley Wickham, Bradley Williams and Josh Yorwerth the very best of luck for their future careers.

Jazzi Barnum-Bobb, Tyler Roche, David Tutonda and Curtis Watkins have had an additional year option implemented for 2015/16. Goalkeeper Ben Wilson has been given a new contract that will keep him at Cardiff City until the summer of 2017, whilst Macauley Southam has been offered a contact extension.

Elsewhere, professional deals have been offered to members of this year’s U18 squad to step up into U21/DVP football. We’d like to congratulate Robbie Patten, Abdi Noor, Ashley Baker, Dylan Rees, Tom Burridge, Eli Phipps and Jamie Veale and look forward to monitoring their progress.

Re: ' CARDIFF CITY ANNOUNCE RETAINED LIST '

Tue May 05, 2015 5:41 pm

I thought Danny Johnson looked promising.

Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 pm

No news on Deji ?

Tue May 05, 2015 5:54 pm

Danny Johnson gone? :o

Wed May 06, 2015 11:52 am

Double G wrote:No news on Deji ?

Hopefully we will keep him, give him a 2/3 year contract and bring him into the First Team regularly. Or if an offer comes in for him to join a Club in the Championship on loan for the season, then let him go on loan for the last time. Cause I think he is too good for League 1 and League 2 and if he were to play regularly in the Championship it will undoubtedly turn him into a much better player and then the following season if he has done well on loan he can be a permanent member of our First Team. I really do rate him, as does Neal Ardley. Also the AFC Winbledon fans made him their Young Player of the Year this season. I remember how successful Joe Ralls' loan spell at Yeovil was last season, he went on to make around 40 games for them that season. Also, when Joe came back to us and he played in a few Cup games earlier this season, you could tell that he really has matured into a quality young player.

I hope that David Tutonda can also go out on loan for the season with a decent club and he can mature just like Ralls did too. The same could be said about Curtis Watkins and Theo Wharton, as they are another two of the youngsters we have that can go on and have very successful careers, with or without us. But, obviously I would want it to happen with us. Let's start building for the future now and start giving the youngsters a bit of experience, even if it means them just becoming a part of an 18-20 man Matchday squad, for now. Then after that giving them places among the substitutes and of course after that - if they are good enough - actually giving them a starting place in the First XI. What happened to the days when if a player performed well during training, he would be rewarded with a place in the team. Sometimes, even if the player was a youngster from the youth team and he lacked any kind of experience. The only way that these younger players are going to get any experience is by actually playing them. To me personally, if a player is good enough and he has put the work in then it doesn't matter how old he is. If a player is 16 and has genuine talent and ability, then surely he should be playing. We made that mistake with Ramsey when he first broke into the First Team at 16, he was held back by Dave Jones, which hurt us as a team much more because if he had of player more regularly, like he would have done at any other club - apart from perhaps some of the Big clubs who had loads of money to buy players rather than rely on their youth players. Then he would have helped us win more games, cause he was that good. We could have won the FA Cup in 2008 if Ramsey had of started the game, rather than come on for the last 15 minutes. When he did come on though he had a massive impact for us and we were the team that was pressing for an equaliser more than Portsmouth looking for a second goal. Ramsey had a few chances himself and due to good defending and good goalkeeping, he was just thwarted a couple of times. I definitely think that if Ramsey had of started the FA Cup final, then we WOULD have won the Cup. Which may have meant Ramsey possibly staying with us for one more year to gain more First Team experiences and he would have played European Football regularly too. Then who knows what other kind of memories Aaron Ramsey could have provided us with if we had of made it to Europe and he hadn't move to Arsenal a few weeks later for a paltry £4.8m. He could have left a year later for at the very least £10m.

Bloooooobirds.

Bloooooobirds.