"RUSSELL OSMAN" RETURNS TO SOUTH WALES

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby CitySteve » Tue May 05, 2015 2:18 pm

He has joined Terry Butcher at Newport County as part of his back-room :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Former Cardiff City manager Russell Osman to join Newport County as Terry Butcher's assistant

5 May 2015

By Steve Tucker

The man who took charge of the Bluebirds in the dark days of the mid 1990s is back in South Wales, as Newport County assistant

Russell Osman when he was in charge at Cardiff CityRussell Osman when he was in charge at Cardiff City

New Newport County boss Terry Butcher is to turn to former Cardiff City manager Russell Osman to be his assistant at the Exiles.

Butcher and Osman were former teammates together for Ispwich and England.

Osman most recently worked at Ipswich Town’s academy, but left as their under-18 coach in August 2013.
CitySteve

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: "RUSSELL OSMAN" RETURNS TO SOUTH WALES

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:43 pm

CitySteve wrote:He has joined Terry Butcher at Newport County as part of his back-room :bluescarf: :thumbup:

For me Russell Osman was one of our worst managers ever.
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Neokutai » Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm

All of Newport's hard work is about to be undone with Butcher/Osman at the helm.
Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience !!
Neokutai

Postby Sneggyblubird » Tue May 05, 2015 2:56 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
CitySteve wrote:He has joined Terry Butcher at Newport County as part of his back-room :bluescarf: :thumbup:

Aye,makes Slade look like the special one.
Sneggyblubird

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:57 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:lol:

He certainly does :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Zabier » Tue May 05, 2015 3:33 pm

I get the impression Butcher is a bit like Souness where he has no concept for understanding how players play the game differently to how they used to play it. He did an alright job at Inverness mind but the manager since has shown that it wasn't a unique achievement and that Inverness do have a quality squad.
Zabier

Postby Sven » Tue May 05, 2015 5:58 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Tough to think of any worse, Annis; although if Scott Young had stayed in charge any longer... :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Postby TopCat CCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 10:41 pm

Sneggyblubird wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

;)
TopCat CCFC

Postby castle view blu » Wed May 06, 2015 10:53 am

I'd rather osman than slade. He left under a cloud just before the reading fa cup game.

Big signing for us when he joined
castle view blu

Postby mr_nellio » Wed May 06, 2015 11:50 am

Neokutai wrote:All of Newport's hard work is about to be undone with Butcher/Osman at the helm.

Bang on. Butcher at hibs was without exception the worst manager i've ever seen. Is a good talker though so no surprise he managed to get himself another job.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby mr_nellio » Wed May 06, 2015 11:51 am

Zabier wrote:I get the impression Butcher is a bit like Souness where he has no concept for understanding how players play the game differently to how they used to play it. He did an alright job at Inverness mind but the manager since has shown that it wasn't a unique achievement and that Inverness do have a quality squad.

Did do ok there, have to agree with what you said. Buther is so out of touch its laughable. The fella is a football dinosaur.
Blue for life
mr_nellio

Postby RICK+CCFC » Wed May 06, 2015 12:00 pm

He was City manager for just little over one month, November-December 1996. He replaced Kenny Hibbitt, who, one month later, replaced him.
RICK+CCFC

Postby Halifax93 » Wed May 06, 2015 9:06 pm

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Tough to think of any worse, Annis; although if Scott Young had stayed in charge any longer... :laughing6: :laughing6: :laughing6:

Osman was awful but Phil Neal was possibly worse... or Alan Durban... or Bobby Gould... I wouldn't include Slade yet in that company
Halifax93

Postby Sven » Thu May 07, 2015 1:53 am

Halifax93 wrote:
Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Osman was awful but Phil Neal was possibly worse... or Alan Durban... or Bobby Gould... I wouldn't include Slade yet in that company

Alan Durban crossed my mind, but not Gould. He (Gould) wasn't as bad as some will have you believe and was a partial victim of Sam's (therefor us fans too!) desire to succeed at a fast rate!

Phil Neale was an interesting one, too, but my recollection of him was that of 'deserter' rather than poor manager and I seem to remember he did well elsewhere for a while (certainly at Bolton and possibly at Coventry) including a Football League Cup win!

Great player in his time (most decorated Liverpool players says a lot!) but no morals as Cardiff City FC manager!
"If you think what I say is 'offensive' to you, you should hear what I keep to myself...!"
Sven

Return to General Chat