Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: VINCE ALM " A NEW SINGING AREA BEING SET UP "

Tue May 05, 2015 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:Annis we all need to sit/stand together. Are you saying you wouldn't move to Canton? This is the problem. People are set in their ways. It will never happen. I am all for 116 as its nearer to away fans for banter but If canton is preferred by most I will go there. Together stronger

Leon, No I Wont permanently, I have said to Vince as there are so many empty seats next season,I would pop over for a sing song now and again :thumbright:

But I love sitting on the Side, Always have done for most of my 44 years of supporting City,So not going to change now.
I say in 1982 for 2 seasons in the Canton,the rest of my time on the Bob Bank and 9 years in Sect A Grandstand.

I enjoy watching football from the side more than behind a goal.

I prefer the side. I don't see we have to do as the club say and go behind the goal. Your right though we can move around as there will be spare seats :ayatollah:

Tue May 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Leon1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Leon1927 wrote:Annis we all need to sit/stand together. Are you saying you wouldn't move to Canton? This is the problem. People are set in their ways. It will never happen. I am all for 116 as its nearer to away fans for banter but If canton is preferred by most I will go there. Together stronger

Leon, No I Wont permanently, I have said to Vince as there are so many empty seats next season,I would pop over for a sing song now and again :thumbright:

But I love sitting on the Side, Always have done for most of my 44 years of supporting City,So not going to change now.
I say in 1982 for 2 seasons in the Canton,the rest of my time on the Bob Bank and 9 years in Sect A Grandstand.

I enjoy watching football from the side more than behind a goal.

I prefer the side. I don't see we have to do as the club say and go behind the goal. Your right though we can move around as there will be spare seats :ayatollah:

Your right Leon :thumbright:

Vince is also keeping his seat in the Ninian Stand :lol: :thumbright:

Tue May 05, 2015 6:38 pm

Crucial to the success here is a directive to stewards telling them to lighten up!!

You can't sing properly sitting down (ask any singing teacher) so some tolerance needs to be exercised.

Tue May 05, 2015 6:43 pm

Bring back the drum :bluescarf:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:19 pm

Can anyone give me a row and seat to aim for in 116?
I want to be nearer that mad "Friday" barstard!!!
By Annis and all that, really get the place rocking

Any advice?

Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 pm

eddiep wrote:Can anyone give me a row and seat to aim for in 116?

Any advice?

I'm in 116 row X, about 10 rows from the top, the further back you go, you should be able to stand easier, the idea is to fill up this area with singers from the back down as everyone in that area will then tolerate standing, Annis is about 8 rows further down, probably K or J, Annis can confirm? :thumbup:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:46 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Any advice?

I'm in 116 row X, about 10 rows from the top, the further back you go, you should be able to stand easier, the idea is to fill up this area with singers from the back down as everyone in that area will then tolerate standing, Annis is about 8 rows further down, probably K or J, Annis can confirm? :thumbup:

Thanks mate.

I used to be lower down again, one of the last few rows of the cheap seats!
Stopped going this season - (mostly reasons outside football) but looking forward to the next one
:sladein: :sladeout: Slade shakeitallabout! :bluebird:

Tue May 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:Crucial to the success here is a directive to stewards telling them to lighten up!!

You can't sing properly sitting down (ask any singing teacher) so some tolerance needs to be exercised.

If you're talking about the Canton Stand then fine, as the club have already given their blessing to it, but if you're talking about people standing up in 116 in the Ninian Stand and it impacts on those in 115 and beyond, then the stewards are obviously going to be directed otherwise!

With regards to your bit about people not being able to sing sitting down, I take it that you also realise that we're not trying to breed budding Pavarotti's in the stadium, and just fans who aren't afraid to make a noise in support of their team? :)

Tue May 05, 2015 11:04 pm

:ayatollah:

Tue May 05, 2015 11:15 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:Crucial to the success here is a directive to stewards telling them to lighten up!!

If you're talking about the Canton Stand then fine, as the club have already given their blessing to it, but if you're talking about people standing up in 116 in the Ninian Stand and it impacts on those in 115 and beyond, then the stewards are obviously going to be directed otherwise!

With regards to your bit about people not being able to sing sitting down, I take it that you also realise that we're not trying to breed budding Pavarotti's in the stadium, and just fans who aren't afraid to make a noise in support of their team? :)

..... You still can't sing with passion sitting down. Likely to do yourself a mischief!! Lol. Most singing areas of grounds around c the country have large areas of tolerated standing. Why no CCS?

I the e club needs to agree it beforehand though. Will they listen?? Hmm. Maybe. :thumbup:

Wed May 06, 2015 8:43 am

Woodville Willie wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:

..... You still can't sing with passion sitting down. Likely to do yourself a mischief!! Lol. Most singing areas of grounds around c the country have large areas of tolerated standing. Why no CCS?

I the e club needs to agree it beforehand though. Will they listen?? Hmm. Maybe. :thumbup:

Well I can sing with passion sitting or standing, even though you'd need several hundred fans around me singing loudly to mask my voice at the same time! :oops: :)

As for your last point, it's clear that the club aren't going to change their mind about allowing standing in areas of the ground, other than the Canton, as it's down to a matter of cost!

If they swap the Family stand with the Canton stand, they'll end up with high Policing costs, where over the past couple of seasons we've had no Policing costs for several matches and as it's against Football regulations, the club have also made it clear they won't risk having to pay out any potential fines for non compliance!

Wed May 06, 2015 9:11 am

Overthemoon wrote:
Leytonstoneblue wrote:
murphy wrote:The canton is the singing area for Wales games, so lets make it the same for cardiff games. Its about time people woke up and realised you don't need to be by the away section for an atmosphere.

The problem is though, is that the Canton stand has been designated the singing and standing end since we have moved into the stadium, yet it has never caught on? Standing is allowed in there, so the seating excuse cant be blamed for restricting the atmosphere. I do believe that when the two sets of supporters can actually hear each other it gets the atmosphere going. Palace, is often used as an example as not needing to be close to the away fans, but Palace's ground is very different to CCS, much more enclosed.

Can't agree that Selhurst Park is more enclosed, it's just more compact as it's a smaller stadium and the fans are nearer to the pitch!

Some of the atmosphere's we've had at the new stadium have been brilliant and it's down to the acoustics being better, with our fans getting behind the team when we've been mainly up against it, like Man City last season especially, but the Play Off Semi against Leicester was also very special! :D

There are other games that stand out, like the other game v Leicester when Gyepes got sent off and I know that most people have tried to forget the 3-0 loss to the Jacks away last season, but has everybody already forgotten the 1-0 win at home against the Buggers prior to that?

Correct, there's been some great atmospheres in the Canton.

Wed May 06, 2015 6:29 pm

Any advice?

The rows in which we are looking to fill first in Section 116 starting from JJ at the back and then II, HH, GG, FF, EE, DD, CC, BB, AA, Z, Y,X. Each row contains 13 seats and this area is approx over 150 seats. :thumbup:

Wed May 06, 2015 7:20 pm

Stringfellow wrote:

Any advice?

The rows in which we are looking to fill first in Section 116 starting from JJ at the back and then II, HH, GG, FF, EE, DD, CC, BB, AA, Z, Y,X. Each row contains 13 seats and this area is approx over 150 seats. :thumbup:

150, all singing in that section, could be the start of something big, give it a few games and when others in the Ninian stand see the fun we are having will soon be gagging to join us in there :bluescarf: :bluescarf: