VINCE ALM " A NEW SINGING AREA BEING SET UP "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 7:23 am

Vince Alm
Supporters club are looking to set up a singing area in the canton similar to other clubs next season. it is something I will be taking the initiative with coming out of retirement along with some other older heads like Wayne Dibs Anderson who has relocated to the canton and have some fun. details to follow regards meetings for other supporters ideas for those who are interested in joining us to support the team the manager during the game whatever happens aka palace
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: VINCE ALM " A NEW SINGING AREA BEING SET UP "

Postby caerblue » Tue May 05, 2015 8:02 am

Isn't there a group trying to get a singing section in 116??people are moving from the canton to the Ninian and from the Ninian to canton,all could get confusing
caerblue

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Tue May 05, 2015 8:16 am

With the expected crowds next season are they going to be solo singers :lol: :lol: :lol: :sladeout:
Mr Moo Cow

Postby Caerphillyblue1927 » Tue May 05, 2015 8:43 am

Get in block 105 :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Caerphillyblue1927

Postby scooby1973 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:02 am

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Get in block 105 :bluescarf: :bluebird:

105 will be rocking next year ... I hope
scooby1973

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue May 05, 2015 9:12 am

Forever Blue wrote:Vince Alm
Supporters club are looking to set up a singing area in the canton similar to other clubs next season. it is something I will be taking the initiative with coming out of retirement along with some other older heads like Wayne Dibs Anderson who has relocated to the canton and have some fun. details to follow regards meetings for other supporters ideas for those who are interested in joining us to support the team the manager during the game whatever happens aka palace

Good to see that something is being done, personally, although I love to be where the singers are, I won't be moving into the Canton from the Ninian as I prefer to watch the game from side on rather than behind a goal, however with the inevitability of empty seats next season, we will have the freedom of movement in the stadium, so I will probably pop over there from time to time :thumbup:
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby nubbsy » Tue May 05, 2015 9:12 am

I think Stringfellow, vince and whoever else is organising these things, needs to communicate with eachother and work together or were guna end up with everyone split again. There's enough people that want to give it a go we just need to be organised
nubbsy

Postby murphy » Tue May 05, 2015 10:51 am

The canton is the singing area for Wales games, so lets make it the same for cardiff games. Its about time people woke up and realised you don't need to be by the away section for an atmosphere.
murphy

Postby JonCCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 11:19 am

Remove the old farts from the Canton who only moan and job done. :thumbright:
JonCCFC

Postby JonCCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 11:20 am

murphy wrote:The canton is the singing area for Wales games, so lets make it the same for cardiff games. Its about time people woke up and realised you don't need to be by the away section for an atmosphere.

It helps massively though.
JonCCFC

Postby GotMeSingingTheBlues » Tue May 05, 2015 11:48 am

Great news I can remember the days when Vince use to rally the troops on the Bob Bank. Can we please keep it Cardiff though, don't follow the likes of Palace, Boro etc. with their Ultra wannabe stance. Let's try and get OUR atmosphere back. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:
GotMeSingingTheBlues

Postby Leon1927 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:50 am

Canton has lways been the official singing section since we moved or am i missing something? the problem is no one sings in there lol
Leon1927

Postby Leon1927 » Tue May 05, 2015 11:50 am

Canton has lways been the official singing section since we moved or am i missing something? the problem is no one sings in there lol
Leon1927

Postby Ninian Knight » Tue May 05, 2015 12:08 pm

Hi all my first posting :bluescarf:

Not only is this a great idea but it is heart warming to see fans getting behind the idea. While the supporters can't be blamed for the ongoing soap opera at the club, it is true that our vocal support this season has been very poor. Indeed it has been a reoccurring problem since the move from Ninian Park in 2009.

Yes before someone posts a list of the great games/atmospheres at CCS over the past 6 seasons I accept that there have been great occasions at our new home and it has the potential to be a great stadium.

However, since the C Palace League Cup semi-final it is my personal opinion that the vocal support has diminished rapidly as the effects of the rebrand/style of football have taken their toll.

Therefore good luck to Vince Alm and anyone thinking of getting behind this idea as the only way ahead is to work in tandem with the club and get back to the PL in BLUE and the supporters ALL onside
Ninian Knight

Postby Leytonstoneblue » Tue May 05, 2015 12:30 pm

murphy wrote:The canton is the singing area for Wales games, so lets make it the same for cardiff games. Its about time people woke up and realised you don't need to be by the away section for an atmosphere.

The problem is though, is that the Canton stand has been designated the singing and standing end since we have moved into the stadium, yet it has never caught on? Standing is allowed in there, so the seating excuse cant be blamed for restricting the atmosphere. I do believe that when the two sets of supporters can actually hear each other it gets the atmosphere going. Palace, is often used as an example as not needing to be close to the away fans, but Palace's ground is very different to CCS, much more enclosed.
5 Live commentary, English Wigan V Welsh Wigan April 2013,
" it's gone a bit quiet with the Wigan fans and there aren't enough Swansea fans to make a noise"
Leytonstoneblue

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

Good to see that something is being done, personally, although I love to be where the singers are, I won't be moving into the Canton from the Ninian as I prefer to watch the game from side on rather than behind a goal, however with the inevitability of empty seats next season, we will have the freedom of movement in the stadium, so I will probably pop over there from time to time :thumbup:

Same here and I also want fans to sing in section 116 Ninian Stand where I sit :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

But I say Well Done Vince Alm :thumbright: :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Leon1927 » Tue May 05, 2015 2:09 pm

Annis we all need to sit/stand together. Are you saying you wouldn't move to Canton? This is the problem. People are set in their ways. It will never happen. I am all for 116 as its nearer to away fans for banter but If canton is preferred by most I will go there. Together stronger
Leon1927

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:18 pm

Leon1927 wrote:Annis we all need to sit/stand together. Are you saying you wouldn't move to Canton? This is the problem. People are set in their ways. It will never happen. I am all for 116 as its nearer to away fans for banter but If canton is preferred by most I will go there. Together stronger

Leon, No I Wont permanently, I have said to Vince as there are so many empty seats next season,I would pop over for a sing song now and again :thumbright:

But I love sitting on the Side, Always have done for most of my 44 years of supporting City,So not going to change now.
I say in 1982 for 2 seasons in the Canton,the rest of my time on the Bob Bank and 9 years in Sect A Grandstand.

I enjoy watching football from the side more than behind a goal.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 05, 2015 2:21 pm

Fair play to Vince :thumbright:

But I'll be in Ninian 116 next season :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play to Vince :thumbright:

Ned, We will get our group singing :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby shinyBlueGlue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:23 pm

There will be no atmosphere in the Canton stand. Ok, maybe for a few games.
You need to hear the away fans and they need to hear you. This is what makes the atmosphere.

The problem with the Canton is that I feels like your singing to no one as the ground drowns out noise.
City Till I Die
shinyBlueGlue

Postby Forever Blue » Tue May 05, 2015 2:25 pm

shinyBlueGlue wrote:There will be no atmosphere in the Canton stand. Ok, maybe for a few games.
You need to hear the away fans and they need to hear you. This is what makes the atmosphere.

The problem with the Canton is that I feels like your singing to no one as the ground drowns out noise.

Correct, thats why 18 clubs in the Championship now have home fans by away fans, from Boro,Forest,Derby,Watford to Bournemouth do this :thumbright:

But good on Vince was trying and hopefully they get the whole ground backing them :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Overthemoon » Tue May 05, 2015 2:34 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference at Palace, who make the most noise in the top division(s) IMO!
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby worcester_ccfc » Tue May 05, 2015 2:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:Fair play to Vince :thumbright:

Ned, We will get our group singing :thumbright:

Hope so :thumbright:

Would be good if we had both areas singing :thumbright: :ayatollah:
Vote for your Man of the Match on this forum after every Cardiff City match :ayatollah:

Season ticket holder in Canton 107 :bluebird:

@neddthomas on Twitter.

:bluescarf:
worcester_ccfc

Postby Overthemoon » Tue May 05, 2015 2:46 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:

The problem is though, is that the Canton stand has been designated the singing and standing end since we have moved into the stadium, yet it has never caught on? Standing is allowed in there, so the seating excuse cant be blamed for restricting the atmosphere. I do believe that when the two sets of supporters can actually hear each other it gets the atmosphere going. Palace, is often used as an example as not needing to be close to the away fans, but Palace's ground is very different to CCS, much more enclosed.

Can't agree that Selhurst Park is more enclosed, it's just more compact as it's a smaller stadium and the fans are nearer to the pitch!

Some of the atmosphere's we've had at the new stadium have been brilliant and it's down to the acoustics being better, with our fans getting behind the team when we've been mainly up against it, like Man City last season especially, but the Play Off Semi against Leicester was also very special! :D

There are other games that stand out, like the other game v Leicester when Gyepes got sent off and I know that most people have tried to forget the 3-0 loss to the Jacks away last season, but has everybody already forgotten the 1-0 win at home against the Buggers prior to that?
Bartley the Bluebird sat down and scratched his head, he used to have a blue shirt on, but now it's turned to red!
Overthemoon

Postby JonCCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 2:57 pm

Overthemoon wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Doesn't make a blind bit of difference at Palace, who make the most noise in the top division(s) IMO!

Like someone else said, our stadiums are designed completely differently. I've been to Palace away twice in the last few years, the roof is very low and connects to their singing section on the other side of the ground, noise travels easily around the ground. Can you say the same about the CCS? Of course you can't, you can hardly hear the away fans from the Canton Stand and they sure can't hear us.

Swapping the Canton Stand and/or creating a singing section in Ninian Stand is the only answer for me. We've tried only using the Canton and it just doesn't work for us I'm afraid, the atmosphere is only good when the Ninian join in.
JonCCFC

Postby Overthemoon » Tue May 05, 2015 3:11 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Overthemoon wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Like someone else said, our stadiums are designed completely differently. I've been to Palace away twice in the last few years, the roof is very low and connects to their singing section on the other side of the ground, noise travels easily around the ground. Can you say the same about the CCS? Of course you can't, you can hardly hear the away fans from the Canton Stand and they sure can't hear us.

Swapping the Canton Stand and/or creating a singing section in Ninian Stand is the only answer for me. We've tried only using the Canton and it just doesn't work for us I'm afraid, the atmosphere is only good when the Ninian join in.

Well I've lost count the amount of times I've been to Palace and the noise only travels so well around their ground, because they keep on singing, where we have so many lulls and mainly only get behind our team when we're up against it!

I've already said in another post in this thread that I believe our ground to be better acoustically, it's just that we rarely keep singing and the only time you can't hear the away fans from the Canton stand, is when the Canton Stand is noisy (ie. Singing), or the away fans aren't singing themselves!

Beating the same drum about swapping the Canton stand with the Family stand is going to get nobody nowhere, cos the club have made it clear, "It ain't going to Happen!"
Overthemoon

Postby Lawnmower » Tue May 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Good on Vince for giving it a go.
When we talk about Ninian Park it was fairly unique as it had 3 singing areas.
Grange End ( mainly youngsters, standing), Bob Bank ( large numbers and used to take off if the other areas were singing, great for the big games) and Block A/B with Lower Grandstand, generally the older lads who loved to sing, but needed a sit down afterwards !

So why not have 2 singing areas, competing with each other and feeding off each other.
It's just up to us as fans to join in when someone starts singing.
If enough do that then the whole ground can be rocking.
Lawnmower

Postby wiltshirebluebird » Tue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

My view has always been to get all the singers into the Canton, behind the goal we usually attack in the second half.

Never believed the 'need to be next to the opposing fans to generate an atmosphere' brigade. In fact lots of the folks in 116/117 seem to spend most of their time gesticulating at the opposing fans rather than supporting the team - only my observation from further along in the Ninian.
wiltshirebluebird

Postby Overthemoon » Tue May 05, 2015 5:25 pm

Lawnmower wrote:Good on Vince for giving it a go.
When we talk about Ninian Park it was fairly unique as it had 3 singing areas.
Grange End ( mainly youngsters, standing), Bob Bank ( large numbers and used to take off if the other areas were singing, great for the big games) and Block A/B with Lower Grandstand, generally the older lads who loved to sing, but needed a sit down afterwards !

So why not have 2 singing areas, competing with each other and feeding off each other.
It's just up to us as fans to join in when someone starts singing.
If enough do that then the whole ground can be rocking.

Fully agree, except that most of the A Blockers spent most of their time wagging fingers and shouting at the opposition fans! :)

The biggest problem we have at the moment though, is that there is a distinct lack of decent Cardiff songs and we haven't had a good one since we loaned out McNaughton, let Chopra go and sold Burkey!
Overthemoon

Next

Return to General Chat