Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Cardiff City new kit "

Wed May 06, 2015 10:56 am

I wouldn't rule out red adidas trims being included. After all, it's the clubs' now secondary, and for years the primary colour under Tan

Wed May 06, 2015 11:02 am

Wayne S wrote:
nubbsy wrote:
ThomasC wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:It's 100% Adidas :bluebird:

We'll look like Chelsea unless we go back to our white shorts which I strongly believe we should.

On that concern, I hope the adidas trims on the shoulders/arms is yellow. Adidas is very smart, but the brand distinctiveness can make club shirts look very similar :thumbup:

Defiantly. White shirts, yellow trim. Won't happen tho

Yellow is dead. Not a historical club colour anyway.

I say that as if the 70's was not long ago. Getting too old.

No idea what you mean, some of our most iconic kits have yellow in. Ever since I started going down yellow was always a third colour for Cardiff, so it's pretty historic for me and many others. But yeah Vincent tan has killed it

Wed May 06, 2015 11:13 am

RFMH wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Can't wait to finally buy a HOME kit. It's been too long. :thumbright: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

It still won't hit the shelves until October though :lol: :lol: :lol:

So so True. I can't remember a season when it has be ready PRIOR to the start of the season. The club really need to get a grip as it's revenue that will be wasted!

Wed May 06, 2015 11:17 am

Words fail me. Here we go again. Why are fans so obsessed about our kit . if they were a bunch of girls I'd understand. Personally, I am a Cardiff City fan. I am concerned with the football we play and the results we get. Or isn't that normal ?

Wed May 06, 2015 11:40 am

Colourblind wrote:Words fail me. Here we go again. Why are fans so obsessed about our kit . if they were a bunch of girls I'd understand. Personally, I am a Cardiff City fan. I am concerned with the football we play and the results we get. Or isn't that normal ?

if you are so concerned only by football results and analysis of games, then why did you open a thread entitled "Cardiff City new kit" ? seems a bit odd to me.

If I was to hedge an opinion based on the evidence, I would say your interest in the club is far more expansive than what you implied.

Wed May 06, 2015 12:11 pm

People care about this kit because its the first back in blue. Plus a lot of people have been waiting a long time for Adidas to make our kit so there is a high level of anticipation this year.

Wed May 06, 2015 12:16 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Colourblind wrote:Words fail me. Here we go again. Why are fans so obsessed about our kit . if they were a bunch of girls I'd understand. Personally, I am a Cardiff City fan. I am concerned with the football we play and the results we get. Or isn't that normal ?

if you are so concerned only by football results and analysis of games, then why did you open a thread entitled "Cardiff City new kit" ? seems a bit odd to me.

If I was to hedge an opinion based on the evidence, I would say your interest in the club is far more expansive than what you implied.

I was curious as I had thought the kit question had already been flogged to death. Don't know what you are getting at in your other comment. All I can say, to put you in the picture, is I have supported Cardiff City for over 50 years and that they mean a lot to me. If what they wear was my main concern I would be better off clothes shopping with my wife on a Saturday afternoon.

Wed May 06, 2015 12:19 pm

My daughters and myself use to look forward to the new kit every year,for the last 3 years, we have not bought anything.
For next season we are excited by it :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Everyone has their different beliefs /opinions :thumbright: :thumbright:

Wed May 06, 2015 12:31 pm

Last item I bought in the shop is my profile pic here , I used to buy a new shirt every season ! Hopefully the trend can continue soon :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed May 06, 2015 12:43 pm

Martyn1963 wrote:Last item I bought in the shop is my profile pic here , I used to buy a new shirt every season ! Hopefully the trend can continue soon :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I also stopped when the red was introduced (and no blue 'aways' were mysteriously available) but I'm actually looking forward to the new kit and will likely buy :thumbup:

I used to have a tradition where at the end of the final game of the season in the NP Ninian Stand, I would take the shirt off on the way out and throw it over the white wall into the departing crowd!

I used to chuckle all the way out, as someone tried to work out where it came from! :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed May 06, 2015 12:50 pm

I don't like the new alterations on the badge, I look forward to when Tan departs. I understand it's a 'compromise' but he must of been compromising with other sections of the fan base as I reject what is on offer. It doesn't look very good, and I like to look good when I can :D

Wed May 06, 2015 1:10 pm

http://www.footyheadlines.com/2015/03/a ... lates.html :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed May 06, 2015 1:29 pm

ThomasC wrote:I don't like the new alterations on the badge, I look forward to when Tan departs. I understand it's a 'compromise' but he must of been compromising with other sections of the fan base as I reject what is on offer. It doesn't look very good, and I like to look good when I can :D

Thomas, Ive decided to ignore the worm beneath the Mighty Bluebird :lol: :lol: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

Wed May 06, 2015 2:00 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
ThomasC wrote:I don't like the new alterations on the badge, I look forward to when Tan departs. I understand it's a 'compromise' but he must of been compromising with other sections of the fan base as I reject what is on offer. It doesn't look very good, and I like to look good when I can :D

Thomas, Ive decided to ignore the worm beneath the Mighty Bluebird :lol: :lol: :bluebird: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluescarf:

haha! yes, it's a Cardiff City shirt, I look forward to the new campaign with players scoring goals with a Bluebird on the chest! :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed May 06, 2015 2:13 pm

ThomasC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

haha! yes, it's a Cardiff City shirt, I look forward to the new campaign with players scoring goals with a Bluebird on the chest! :bluebird: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thats the Spirit Thomas :thumbright: :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Wed May 06, 2015 2:25 pm

Looking forward to it.

You guarantee quality with Adidas too and, like people have said, they're the best for football etc.

Hopefully white shorts as well.

Wed May 06, 2015 5:02 pm

Sven wrote:
Martyn1963 wrote:Last item I bought in the shop is my profile pic here , I used to buy a new shirt every season ! Hopefully the trend can continue soon :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

I also stopped when the red was introduced (and no blue 'aways' were mysteriously available) but I'm actually looking forward to the new kit and will likely buy :thumbup:

I used to have a tradition where at the end of the final game of the season in the NP Ninian Stand, I would take the shirt off on the way out and throw it over the white wall into the departing crowd!

I used to chuckle all the way out, as someone tried to work out where it came from! :laughing6: :laughing6:

I bought all 3 blue away kits during the rebrand, I didn't want to let the rebrand spoil my collection of blue CCFC shirts :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Wed May 06, 2015 8:38 pm

My suspicion is that it will be blue with some red trim. That doesn't bother me (yellow only came in in the 70's and lots of teams seem to have yellow trimmings), but I know plenty would be vexed by this.

Wed May 06, 2015 10:00 pm

the club dont seem to get this right, always a fiasco, looking at october for the 2nd strip. december the home blue kit, :lol:

Wed May 06, 2015 10:02 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Blueboys1927 wrote:It's 100% Adidas :bluebird:

We'll look like Chelsea unless we go back to our white shorts which I strongly believe we should.

I asked Borley on twitter about this a couple of months back and he said he believed they will go back to the white shorts :ayatollah: