Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Doyle will always score goals

Mon May 04, 2015 9:19 pm

Early days and jury still out, lacks pace but starting to show he might be a little more than the division three striker he has been labeled. For me he's a natural finisher, I think he can get 20 next year who agrees?

Re: Doyle will always score goals

Mon May 04, 2015 9:23 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Early days and jury still out, lacks pace but starting to show he might be a little more than the division three striker he has been labeled. For me he's a natural finisher, I think he can get 20 next year who agrees?

If given good service he will score goals. His finish on Saturday was a typical poachers goal. Found space and headed home a quality ball from Kennedy. His goals at Ipswich and home to Brum were poachers goals. He also took his 2 pens well v Blackpool.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Even when he wasn't scoring for us when he first came, you could see he would score goals sooner or later. He finds space and makes good runs, plus he works very hard. His first game up in Sheffield, anyone can tell you he was the best player on the pitch before he went off.

Problem is with Cardiff fans, they always pick on someone before they see what they're actually like. Jump to conclusions before they even settle in. He's got 5 goals now, and only started the last few games where he scored 4 in his last 5. Him and Mason look like a good partnership, and if we play the ball on the floor, then it will work. He's a poacher, get the ball in the box, make a chance and he will score.

Good that he's got some goals for us now, raise his confidence for next season. Him and Mason could be key for us!

Mon May 04, 2015 9:30 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Early days and jury still out, lacks pace but starting to show he might be a little more than the division three striker he has been labeled. For me he's a natural finisher, I think he can get 20 next year who agrees?

If given good service he will score goals. His finish on Saturday was a typical poachers goal. Found space and headed home a quality ball from Kennedy. His goals at Ipswich and home to Brum were poachers goals. He also took his 2 pens well v Blackpool.

With Mason and Kennedy, plus a new winger to replace Noone who can actually set up an assist, he will be key. Problem this season was we did not create enough chances for our strikers.

Tue May 05, 2015 2:48 pm

I expect him to get almost 20 goals next season. :thumbright:

Tue May 05, 2015 2:50 pm

I have absolute faith in him. It's a big step up from League One to Championship and going from a successful side with lots of service to a poor side with little service. I agree, I think he could hit 20 goals plus next season. :ayatollah:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Zabier wrote:I have absolute faith in him. It's a big step up from League One to Championship and going from a successful side with lots of service to a poor side with little service. I agree, I think he could hit 20 goals plus next season. :ayatollah:

Remember this one to the tune of Felix the cat

"Gooal, Gooal, Gooal,
Kevin Doyle will always score goals.
Every chance that he gets
He puts the ball in the net
Kevin Doyle will always score goals"
:bluebird:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:29 pm

eddiep wrote:
Zabier wrote:I have absolute faith in him. It's a big step up from League One to Championship and going from a successful side with lots of service to a poor side with little service. I agree, I think he could hit 20 goals plus next season. :ayatollah:

"Gooal, Gooal, Gooal,
Who's kevin??????

Tue May 05, 2015 7:37 pm

eddiep wrote:

"Gooal, Gooal, Gooal,

Kevin?! :lol:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:41 pm

caerblue wrote:
eddiep wrote:

"Gooal, Gooal, Gooal,
Who's kevin??????[/quote

(It's his middle name)

Ha ha fuckin hilarious - not sure hoe that happened -what a dick maker!

Doing was my predictive text when trying to write Eoin - must have hit something

Apologies -my bad :oops:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:44 pm

eddiep wrote:
caerblue wrote:
eddiep wrote:

Remember this one to the tune of Felix
"Gooal, Gooal, Gooal,
Who's kevin??????[/quote

(It's his middle name)

Ha ha fuckin hilarious - not sure hoe that happened -what a dick maker!

Doing was my predictive text when trying to write Eoin - must have hit something

Apologies -my bad :oops:

Ok we believe you :roll: :roll: :lol: