Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Ramsey

Mon May 04, 2015 7:56 pm

WOW! just what is he worth?

Re: Ramsey

Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 pm

The best centre midfielder in the Premiership imo. He would be perfect for Barcelona. He has to be worth at least 60 million, but I think he's probably worth closer to 80 million now. If Arsenal ever do sell him, imagine the money we will miss out on for not inserting a sell on clause. :o

Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:The best centre midfielder in the Premiership imo. He would be perfect for Barcelona. He has to be worth at least 60 million, but I think he's probably worth closer to 80 million now. If Arsenal ever do sell him, imagine the money we will miss out on for not inserting a sell on clause. :o

I agree but can't use that every time, just look at leon :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Tonteg Bluebird wrote:The best centre midfielder in the Premiership imo. He would be perfect for Barcelona. He has to be worth at least 60 million, but I think he's probably worth closer to 80 million now. If Arsenal ever do sell him, imagine the money we will miss out on for not inserting a sell on clause. :o

Trouble is you would not expect him to leave arsenal! So not surprised no sell on clause Especially years ago? :o

Mon May 04, 2015 9:14 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

Trouble is you would not expect him to leave arsenal! So not surprised no sell on clause Especially years ago? :o

This is raised every time a former player makes it, but nobody has a crystal ball and how many players have left and not kicked on so to speak or moved elsewhere. Could name lots of players and also it was the previous regime. You can only look forward :thumbup:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:32 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:

This is raised every time a former player makes it, but nobody has a crystal ball and how many players have left and not kicked on so to speak or moved elsewhere. Could name lots of players and also it was the previous regime. You can only look forward :thumbup:

But surely everyone could see Ramsey had the talent to make it and be worth a lot of money in the future? His performance on the left wing away to Premiership (at the time) Middlesbrough in the FA Cup showed that. I even remember the commentator saying how Ramsey added an extra zero onto his valuation with that performance. It was absolutely criminal not to have a sell on clause for him imo.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:56 pm

Won't go for as much as Bale which was a massive kick in the teeth missing out on that sell on clause.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:19 pm

No sell on clause and ARSENAL got £500k taken off the fee for paying up the transfer quicker than the norm !!!

Tue May 05, 2015 10:27 am

Watched that assist for Sanchez, up there with the best I seen this season.

Fantastic to see him play the role he does at Arsenal and play with the likes of Cazorla and Sanchez.

Great to see Wilshere when he plays when he's actually fit get hyped up when you have Ramsey who is better than Wilshere.