There are good players

A forum for all things Cardiff City

There are good players

Postby James the bluebird boy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 pm

I realise that we are a big club that should always be looking at promotion, bit I don't see the problem in getting good deals in the lower leagues. There are plenty of good players in the lower leagues, as Eoin Doyle, Matt Ritchie and Callum Wilson have all proved. Will be monitoring the play-offs closely.
These are possible players that I would like to see at city next season.

Joe Garner- ST (Preston)
Jed Wallace- CAM (Portsmouth)
Sam Morsey- CM (Chesterfield)
Matt Tubbs- ST (Portsmouth)
Aden Flint- CB (Bristol City)

The list could go on. They are just players that I would like to see sign. I don't see the problem in bringing in hard working lower league players. They could teach a few of our current players how to graft and play for a manager. Bring on the summer! :sladein:
James the bluebird boy

There are good players

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: There are good players

Postby wez1927 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:31 pm

James the bluebird boy wrote:I realise that we are a big club that should always be looking at promotion, bit I don't see the problem in getting good deals in the lower leagues. There are plenty of good players in the lower leagues, as Eoin Doyle, Matt Ritchie and Callum Wilson have all proved. Will be monitoring the play-offs closely.

Joe Garner- ST (Preston)

The list could go on. They are just players that I would like to see sign. I don't see the problem in bringing in hard working lower league players. They could teach a few of our current players how to graft and play for a manager. Bring on the summer! :sladein:

Bournemouth and Brentford gave proved this season that there is class in league 1
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby James the bluebird boy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
James the bluebird boy wrote:I realise that we are a big club that should always be looking at promotion, bit I don't see the problem in getting good deals in the lower leagues. There are plenty of good players in the lower leagues, as Eoin Doyle, Matt Ritchie and Callum Wilson have all proved. Will be monitoring the play-offs closely.

Joe Garner- ST (Preston)

Bournemouth and Brentford gave proved this season that there is class in league 1

Exactly Wez. :thumbup: :sladein:
James the bluebird boy

Postby geggs_ccfc » Tue May 05, 2015 2:44 am

Have said this for ages. There are some cracking players about in both League 1 & 2. Southampton proved it when they got promoted from League 1 to the Championship and then the next season they got promoted to the Premiership. Most of the squad that got promoted twice and played in the Prem were players they had signed when they were a League 1 side. The Same goes for Norwich when they did the same as Southampton a few seasons ago. Then there is Bournemouth, who had a few players in their team this year who were with them 5 years ago when they nearly fell out of the Football League altogether. Some of those players have just won promotion to the Premiership. Eddie Howe has said the team of players that he has assembled there were players who were not wanted by clubs, as they were deemed to be not good enough, there were young players let go from youth academies, basically the vast majority of them were misfits that nobody wanted. Those players worked their socks off for themselves, each other, their manager and their fans. It is amazing what people can do with a good team spirit, oh and of course a quality manager who has brilliant man management skills, along with many other fantastic attributes. I bet that it's an absolute dream and an honour to work for Eddie Howe.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Postby KBK-13 » Tue May 05, 2015 9:16 am

You can add Swansea into the list too, plenty of their players were with them in league 1 and have settled in well in the premier league, Rangel, Britton etc
KBK-13

Postby geggs_ccfc » Tue May 05, 2015 3:37 pm

I really want Preston to lose in the Play-Offs, so we can hopefully pick a few of their players off them. Firstly, I would go straight for Joe Garner who can play up front alongside Doyle or he can play just off Doyle. Them two would be a great partnership. Then I would try and sign Daniel Johnson from them, he has been a revelation for them this season since signing him for 50k from Villa. He is very similar to McPhail, but more committed, he scores more goals, he gets more assists, he has a great engine and like McPhail he has a wand of a left foot and he is a great set piece taker. I would be ecstatic if we could prize these two from Preston and keep them out of the clutches of other clubs and bring them here.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Postby Zabier » Tue May 05, 2015 3:39 pm

I think the gap between League One and the Championship is the smallest gap between any of the divisions in the pyramid system so it makes sense that we should look for budget buys in the division below. I want us to sign players that have something to prove and are on the way up rather than on the way down.
Zabier

Postby James the bluebird boy » Tue May 05, 2015 4:09 pm

You all make great points. :thumbup: :sladein:
James the bluebird boy

Postby wez1927 » Wed May 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Zabier wrote:I think the gap between League One and the Championship is the smallest gap between any of the divisions in the pyramid system so it makes sense that we should look for budget buys in the division below. I want us to sign players that have something to prove and are on the way up rather than on the way down.
I agree the best players in league one are easily good enough for the championship
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Return to General Chat