" CARDIFF CITY STEP UP INTEREST IN MIDFIELDER "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Santa Ponsa Blue » Mon May 04, 2015 6:09 pm

Cardiff City step up interest in Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy as Russell Slade eyes first summer singing

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=150707 :thumbright:

By Terry Phillips - 04-05-15

The Bluebirds boss has been tracking the progress of 23-year-old Morsy, who was Chesterfield player of the year when they won the League Two title last season

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade could move closer to his first signing of the summer this week as he monitors Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy in the League One play-offs.

The Bluebirds boss has been tracking the progress of 23-year-old Morsy, who was Chesterfield player of the year when they won the League Two title last season.

Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Wigan were all linked with a move for Morsy in January, but he is on a long-term contract at Chesterfield and stayed to help them earn a play-off spot.

City manager Slade has watched Morsy’s development and could go back in for the holding midfield player, who describes himself as ‘a box-to-box midfield player who can break up play and link defence to attack quickly’.

Former City goalkeeper Mark Grew, who played for the Bluebirds during the 1990s, coached Morsy at Port Vale and says: “I’ve known Sam since he was 16 and in my view he clearly has Championship potential.”

Slade will also get an insight into Morsy’s character from his former Chesterfield team-mate Eoin Doyle, who joined Cardiff in January.

Morsy and the Spireites take on Peter Ridsdale’s Preston North End in their semi-final with the first leg in Yorkshire on Thursday and the return at Deepdale three days later.

Ridsdale, who is advisor to owner Trevor Hemmings at Preston, is aiming for a return to the Championship via the play-offs after the Lancashire club just missed out on promotion.

Wolverhampton-born Morsy, who qualifies to play for Egypt through his Cairo-born father, has been captain of Chesterfield and is a key player in their quest for promotion.

Slade does have money available to strengthen his squad and is intent on adding three or four players before the start of the new campaign.

Central midfield is one of the areas where he could increase competition for starting places.

It is also thought a right-back, winger and centre-forward are on his shopping list as he aims to mould a new-look team.

City manager Slade is having one-to-one meetings with all of his players this week as he continues to plan for a big promotion push next season.
Imperial Properties/Mallorca Real Estate

http://www.imperial-properties.com

mason@imperial-properties.com

+34 971 692 434
Santa Ponsa Blue

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY STEP UP INTEREST IN MIDFIELDER "

Postby James the bluebird boy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:11 pm

Sounds solid, would like to see him here. Only thing is tagg we have so many midfielders. :sladein: :ayatollah:
James the bluebird boy

Postby wez1927 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Cardiff City step up interest in Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy as Russell Slade eyes first summer singing

The Bluebirds boss has been tracking the progress of 23-year-old Morsy, who was Chesterfield player of the year when they won the League Two title last season

Cardiff City boss Russell Slade could move closer to his first signing of the summer this week as he monitors Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy in the League One play-offs.

The Bluebirds boss has been tracking the progress of 23-year-old Morsy, who was Chesterfield player of the year when they won the League Two title last season.

Cardiff, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds and Wigan were all linked with a move for Morsy in January, but he is on a long-term contract at Chesterfield and stayed to help them earn a play-off spot.

City manager Slade has watched Morsy’s development and could go back in for the holding midfield player, who describes himself as ‘a box-to-box midfield player who can break up play and link defence to attack quickly’.

Former City goalkeeper Mark Grew, who played for the Bluebirds during the 1990s, coached Morsy at Port Vale and says: “I’ve known Sam since he was 16 and in my view he clearly has Championship potential.”

Slade will also get an insight into Morsy’s character from his former Chesterfield team-mate Eoin Doyle, who joined Cardiff in January.

Morsy and the Spireites take on Peter Ridsdale’s Preston North End in their semi-final with the first leg in Yorkshire on Thursday and the return at Deepdale three days later.

Ridsdale, who is advisor to owner Trevor Hemmings at Preston, is aiming for a return to the Championship via the play-offs after the Lancashire club just missed out on promotion.

Wolverhampton-born Morsy, who qualifies to play for Egypt through his Cairo-born father, has been captain of Chesterfield and is a key player in their quest for promotion.

Slade does have money available to strengthen his squad and is intent on adding three or four players before the start of the new campaign.

Central midfield is one of the areas where he could increase competition for starting places.

It is also thought a right-back, winger and centre-forward are on his shopping list as he aims to mould a new-look team.

City manager Slade is having one-to-one meetings with all of his players this week as he continues to plan for a big promotion push next season.
would like him and the guy from Swindon town
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby James the bluebird boy » Mon May 04, 2015 6:23 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Cardiff City step up interest in Chesterfield midfielder Sam Morsy as Russell Slade eyes first summer singing

Luongo? :sladein:
James the bluebird boy

Postby wez1927 » Mon May 04, 2015 6:30 pm

James the bluebird boy wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Luongo? :sladein:

Yes the Australian international
CARDIFF CITY TILL I DIE !
wez1927

Postby bluebird58 » Mon May 04, 2015 8:10 pm

As an aside, why would Preston play Chesterfield in Yorkshire when Chesterfield is in Derbyshire? Just saying.
First game Cardiff v Coventry City 1967
bluebird58

Postby geggs_ccfc » Tue May 05, 2015 2:17 am

wez1927 wrote:

I would love it if we could bring them two in as well. I think if we were to sign both of them, then it would be a great signal of intent by us.

Bloooooobirds.
Bloooooobirds
geggs_ccfc

Postby Zabier » Tue May 05, 2015 8:15 am

If he's hungry and has a bit of physicality to him then I think it could be a good signing. We need strong central midfielders because we are too lightweight in the middle of the park right now.
Zabier

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 9:28 am

Zabier wrote:If he's hungry and has a bit of physicality to him then I think it could be a good signing. We need strong central midfielders because we are too lightweight in the middle of the park right now.

I think we have potential formation with a 4-2-3-1 with O'Keefe and Adeyemi as holders so we have strength in midfield.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby Zabier » Tue May 05, 2015 9:57 am

Do you think O'Keefe and Adeyemi have what it takes to do the DM roles? I'm not that sure. Not seen enough of O'Keefe to judge to be fair but not sold on Adeyemi.

My mate is a Chesterfield fan and he said the Morsy deal will depend on Chesterfield's playoff results. He said he's arguably their most key player so thinks we'd have to shell out close to £1m for him. He sounds like the exact sort of defensive midfielder we need. Gets a few goals each season too. Seems to be very highly rated by the Spireites.
Zabier

Postby DandoCCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 10:15 am

Zabier wrote:Do you think O'Keefe and Adeyemi have what it takes to do the DM roles? I'm not that sure. Not seen enough of O'Keefe to judge to be fair but not sold on Adeyemi.

My mate is a Chesterfield fan and he said the Morsy deal will depend on Chesterfield's playoff results. He said he's arguably their most key player so thinks we'd have to shell out close to £1m for him. He sounds like the exact sort of defensive midfielder we need. Gets a few goals each season too. Seems to be very highly rated by the Spireites.

I think with the height yes, maybe we could see O'Keefe and Morsy as two CDM's. I think O'Keefe should have started a lot more games since he came in. Tough tackler and good energy. Blackpool home he was pushing forward so I think with his energy playing 2 CDM's would allow one of the two to venture forward from time to time.
I will.
And before anyone els gets in there no im not an ideot abroad

SL69.
DandoCCFC

Postby JonCCFC » Tue May 05, 2015 11:30 am

Sounds promising, 23 is a good age as well. :thumbright:
JonCCFC

Postby Rydogsccfc » Tue May 05, 2015 1:21 pm

A signing I would welcome a young hardworking player. :thumbright:
On 13th December 2016 one man stood up to be counted against a pack of Wolves his name was Kenneth Zohore.
Rydogsccfc

Return to General Chat