Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Kenwynne Jones today

Mon May 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Not sure whether we can read anything into this but Jones was out in Bournemouth celebrating promotion. Whether this means he's leaving us and signing permanently for the cherries is open to debate. Personally I think he's a good player at championship level but is not worth 37k a week.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Kenwynne Jones today

Mon May 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Hopefully he goes.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:12 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Not sure whether we can read anything into this but Jones was out in Bournemouth celebrating promotion. Whether this means he's leaving us and signing permanently for the cherries is open to debate. Personally I think he's a good player at championship level but is not worth 37k a week.

It was the bus parade so the whole squad celebrated. Personally I don't care weather he stays or goes. As you said, would love him in the side but not worth the wage he's on. Hopefully he goes to Bournemouth, don't want a championship team having him. :bluescarf: :sladein:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:48 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Not sure whether we can read anything into this but Jones was out in Bournemouth celebrating promotion. Whether this means he's leaving us and signing permanently for the cherries is open to debate. Personally I think he's a good player at championship level but is not worth 37k a week.

Couldn't agree more decent at this level but not worth the dollar, does score but don't think he helps the overall performance of the team. :wave:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 pm

how did we do without Jones

Mon May 04, 2015 9:05 pm

He's doing nothing wrong here. He contributed to their promotion by scoring the winner at Ipswich. But we can live without Jones. :thumbright:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:15 pm

JonCCFC wrote:He's doing nothing wrong here. He contributed to their promotion by scoring the winner at Ipswich. But we can live without Jones. :thumbright:

I agree :thumbup:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:38 pm

Not worth the money.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:49 pm

:thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:23 am

I'll be amazed if they sign him. He doesn't fit onto their hard-working mobile style at all. He could only be used as an impact player. They've now got the money to sign someone better.

Tue May 05, 2015 7:30 am

I honestly cant see them wanting him for the Premier League, but you can never say never?

Tue May 05, 2015 10:13 am

Scored the equaliser not winner v Ipswich away. :geek:

But I think I was one of few who backed him in the Summer where everyone labelled him as a donkey etc.

Scored 2 v Yeovil and everyone is ripping their foreskin off.

I think it is best to get rid, the wages is just too much.

He one was of the strikers who contributed and actually managed to make the most of the s**t service we supplied.

Tue May 05, 2015 11:28 am

DandoCCFC wrote:Scored the equaliser not winner v Ipswich away. :geek:

But I think I was one of few who backed him in the Summer where everyone labelled him as a donkey etc.

Scored 2 v Yeovil and everyone is ripping their foreskin off.

I think it is best to get rid, the wages is just too much.

He one was of the strikers who contributed and actually managed to make the most of the s**t service we supplied.

My bad, but still he has every right to join the Bournemouth celebrations, it was a big point for them. I expect he'll leave and to be honest we're not going to miss him. If his wages were more realistic then great but they're just way too high.

Tue May 05, 2015 12:18 pm

Nuclearblue wrote::thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

kenny doesnt like you does he..... :D

Tue May 05, 2015 1:29 pm

He's leaving definitely.

Tue May 05, 2015 2:00 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:Not worth the money.

at least he was producing and scoring for us. we have several players who would have been on not much less who contributed sweet FA. without him we would have been lower in the table.

but because of cost cutting he will go. he'll be very difficult to replace on a shoestring thats for sure.

Tue May 05, 2015 8:23 pm

We need him off the wage bill, so think he will go.
Just like to say though that KJ did not become a lethargic player overnight, we all knew the player we had.
He scored a few goals this season and showed at times he was unplayable in the box with a good delivery. Generally our service to him and the creativity behind was poor, we know that if he goes to another Championship side he will come back & haunt us.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:11 pm

krabb wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote::thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger: :thefinger:

kenny doesnt like you does he..... :D

He was telling me I'm his number one I think :laughing6: :laughing6:

Wed May 06, 2015 6:53 am

Rydogsccfc wrote:He's leaving definitely.

Rydog the new ITK.
Doesn't even know his own mind ..... :sladein: :sladeout: :sladein: :sladeout: :sladein: :oops:

;) ;)

Thu May 07, 2015 1:25 pm

KJ has every right to be celebrating as he was a member of their successful squad. Not only that, he played. Not only that, he scored a vital goal!!!

Maybe he will move to Bournemouth, maybe not. Some posters don't want him going to a championship club. Bournemouth will be PL so that's ok.

We couldn't afford to play him because of his contract appearance and goal bonuses so it will help financially.

BUT: Whether or not he is Premier League material is irrelevant. He is certainly Championship level and has been sorely missed from the score sheet since he went. Results were ok recently but not spectacular.

I always rated him (aside from his casual attitude at times), but Bournemouth will put up with that if he fills the onion bag. Where is the cutting edge at Cardiff at the moment??