Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Gunnar's natural position

Mon May 04, 2015 9:14 am

I think the majority of our fans doubt we see the best of Whitts as a CM in a 442, but what do you think Gunnars natural position is.

A few managers have had him as the advanced midfield almost like a anti "10" there to destruct further up field.

I have my doubts we see the best of him as a 442 CM, what do think his real position is.

Re: Gunnar's natural position

Mon May 04, 2015 9:17 am

I think he's a box to box cm who works hard to defend and support attack :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:32 am

His best position is with another club

Mon May 04, 2015 10:34 am

llan bluebird wrote:I think the majority of our fans doubt we see the best of Whitts as a CM in a 442, but what do you think Gunnars natural position is.

A few managers have had him as the advanced midfield almost like a anti "10" there to destruct further up field.

I have my doubts we see the best of him as a 442 CM, what do think his real position is.

Currently used as a defensive midfielder , really struggles against nippy opponents and will head unchallenged balls when he could quite comfortably bring it down on his chest like many players do , he gives everything , but his performances are a bit hot and cold for me

Mon May 04, 2015 11:41 am

angelis1949 wrote:His best position is with another club

this gets my vote for post of the year! :sladeout: with gunnarsson and a dozen others!

Mon May 04, 2015 11:49 am

Definitely CM but maybe further forward. I'd like to see him in a sort of 4-3-1-2. Gets a lot of unwarranted stick but not helped by the partnership Slade insists on. A mainstay in my opinion and would make a great captain. An inspirational player!

Mon May 04, 2015 5:35 pm

Depends how the team is set up to play.

With a creative midfielder that can also help break up play in a quite defensively minded team he'd work well with a 4231.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:42 pm

I like him more advanced, not technically great but has power and stops the opposition coming forward if played in this position. :bluescarf: