Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" CITY PLAYER CALLS ON CARDIFF CITY AWAY FANS "

Mon May 04, 2015 7:49 am

Ben Turner said of the fans at the City Ground: “If we could get that group sitting together in the same block at home games singing their heads off it would make a huge difference.

“At home I understand it’s a chance to voice concerns for your club and voice what you want to happen.

“Away matches are more like a mini holiday for fans who want to party and create a great atmosphere.

“If we could transfer that sheer passion and support to home games as well it would make a massive difference.

Re: CITY PLAYER CALLS ON CARDIFF CITY AWAY FANS

Mon May 04, 2015 7:51 am

Good to hear we do get noticed away by our players :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 7:52 am

carlccfc wrote:Ben Turner said of the fans at the City Ground: “If we could get that group sitting together in the same block at home games singing their heads off it would make a huge difference.

“At home I understand it’s a chance to voice concerns for your club and voice what you want to happen.

“Away matches are more like a mini holiday for fans who want to party and create a great atmosphere.

“If we could transfer that sheer passion and support to home games as well it would make a massive difference.

Turner is spot on :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 7:52 am

Pity ALL our players dont show the same passion as us and ben :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: " CITY PLAYER CALLS ON CARDIFF CITY AWAY FANS "

Mon May 04, 2015 7:58 am

Got to agree with him :thumbright:

Fair play to him, he speaks quite passionately :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 am

Well said, and he is spot on. :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Ben Turner said of the fans at the City Ground: “If we could get that group sitting together in the same block at home games singing their heads off it would make a huge difference.

Turner is spot on :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

According to Nash and the rest of his cronies, those same supporters can't be trusted to sit together in the Ninian as their passion would turn into hooliganism :lol: The club need to take their heads out of the arses, grow a pair and realise our supporters should be encouraged at home, not suppressed, even the players are now going public with it :thumbup:

Mon May 04, 2015 12:02 pm

COMPLETELY agree. I've been saying this for years. Far too many oldies in the Canton Stand who just stand there and moan. Bring the youth together and those who actually want to sing and the atmosphere will dramatically improve. :bluescarf:

Mon May 04, 2015 12:04 pm

Finger on the pulse has Ben. I would guess the 4000 season ticket renewers form the majority or all of our away fans and get behind the players unlike at home games when the fans get on the players' backs.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:15 pm

JonCCFC wrote:COMPLETELY agree. I've been saying this for years. Far too many oldies in the Canton Stand who just stand there and moan. Bring the youth together and those who actually want to sing and the atmosphere will dramatically improve. :bluescarf:

Plenty of us oldies go to away games as well :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:00 pm

llangainbluebird wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:COMPLETELY agree. I've been saying this for years. Far too many oldies in the Canton Stand who just stand there and moan. Bring the youth together and those who actually want to sing and the atmosphere will dramatically improve. :bluescarf:

Plenty of us oldies go to away games as well :bluescarf: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Talking about the Canton Stand, our so called singing section is fall of middle aged men who just moan and boo at the players

Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 pm

I think he's trying to say back the 116 singing section

Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 pm

KBK-13 wrote:I think he's trying to say back the 116 singing section

If only mate, the stewards will be all over it

Mon May 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Mr Turner I hope you realise the club does not want an atmosphere at home and has done everything in its power to stop it.

Tue May 05, 2015 11:45 am

Laughable , truly laughable.Perhaps away fans should get paid film star wages as well. Some of these players really are too much."OK please motivate me with singing lads because my earnings and the privilege of playing professional football is not enough". Lordy lord where are we going? I happen to like Turner but as for motivation he should not have to rely on fans to put in a shift.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Tue May 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:Laughable , truly laughable.Perhaps away fans should get paid film star wages as well. Some of these players really are too much."OK please motivate me with singing lads because my earnings and the privilege of playing professional football is not enough". Lordy lord where are we going? I happen to like Turner but as for motivation he should not have to rely on fans to put in a shift.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

You've either got the wrong end of the stick or just love a good moan.

He's complimenting our away support, he's saying that if our vocal support came together into one block then it would make a huge different, which it would. He didn't say that we should make more of an effort like you're making out.

Tue May 05, 2015 12:16 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:Pity ALL our players dont show the same passion as us and ben :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

spot on.. :ayatollah:

Tue May 05, 2015 3:27 pm

Apologies if I was vague.Motivation should not only rely on good, dedicated vocal support which is a given.Rather I was suggesting footballers today, not so much Turner, look for excuses putting on any shirt should be enough.I agree of course that atmosphere is crucial, sadly lacking this year.Nevertheless footballers are pros and should put 100% effort irrespective.