Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " WHO DO YOU BLAME? "

Mon May 04, 2015 5:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" WHO DO YOU BLAME AT CARDIFF CITY? "

For the the poor football this season?

For not even making the top ten,never mind the play-offs?

For the dwindling crowds this season?

For the low sales of season tickets for next season?

Vincent Tan? Russell Slade? or the players?

VT

VT

VT

VT

VT

:bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

:sladeout: :sladeout: :sladeout:

Mon May 04, 2015 5:49 pm

OGS was out of his depth. the club trusted him which was a positive action on their part.

After his failure they were playing catch up and had to cut costs.

Can't blame VT for everything.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:07 pm

carlccfc wrote:Everything stems from the owner for me Annis.

Spot on Carlos. The way a business performs is down to those at the top. If a business is well run and customers treated with respect the business does well. Tan has treated his customers with contempt from the rebrand through to appointments of slade etc.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:57 pm

maccydee wrote:
bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Russell Slade and VT for appointing him.

A manager out of his depth who gets his team to play boring, dire football. A new manager would add 5-8K season ticket holders but unfortunately it's not going to happen. :sladeout:

It was said change back to blue would add thousands of season ticket holders. I don't think a new manager would have that much effect.

I honestly think that it would. Fans stopped going soon after Slade arrived. Our crowds went down from 19/20k to about 12/13k because of the dire football that was being served up week in week out. I think with a new progressive manager playing attractive football the fans would soon return. Loyalty is one thing/ or Vt's appointment but the club seem to be shooting themselves in the foot. Who wants to go and watch a match when abysmal football is being served up? I know Slade had to make cuts but our performances on the pitch went back dramatically when he took over.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:02 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Spot on Carlos. The way a business performs is down to those at the top. If a business is well run and customers treated with respect the business does well. Tan has treated his customers with contempt from the rebrand through to appointments of slade etc.

Our most successful season was the year we were rebranded though.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:06 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Fair point but when we went up ticket prices were reasonable and fans could identify with the team who were winning every other week. It is also difficult to protest against something that appears to be successful. However it was like a house of cards. As soon as the strong cards went the rest just fell into pieces. Look at Norwich and how close they are to a return to the premier league.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:33 pm

bluestar wrote:Tan done what any good owner would do backed his managers ie malky and ole they are to blame for the mess we in now slade had a thankless task trying to sort it out

"Good owner" :lol:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:40 pm

Does that count when Sam was owner?

Mon May 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Vincent Tan ! Destroyed CCFC, took the fans for idiots, showed his principles are shaped entirely by money, now employs only yes men with a remit to asset strip. Slade is a hapless fool with no more idea of how to assemble and motivate a squad than me. But this starts and finishes with Tan - the right owner would make sensible appointments and appoint a manager who had the tactical nous to win football matches and then back his judgement with cash :sladeout: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon May 04, 2015 9:00 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Fair point but when we went up ticket prices were reasonable and fans could identify with the team who were winning every other week. It is also difficult to protest against something that appears to be successful. However it was like a house of cards. As soon as the strong cards went the rest just fell into pieces. Look at Norwich and how close they are to a return to the premier league.

Agree partly. But don't think all the blame can be put on Tan, I'm not a fan of his and can't wait for him to leave but things have built up over a long period of time. The rebrand went through because a large majority of fans stuck with it due to the promise of 100million investment, which was huge for us due to the financial mis management for years under previous owners. We continued to overspend on players when we got promoted and off field problems contributed to relegation, we made a small profit last season but have paid the price this season and have had to get rid of high earners and the better players. I put that down to Tan for allowing the transfers and Malky and Moody for wasting millions. Then Tan appointed ole, and it was Dalmans choice, he was a disaster and wasted more money, was sacked and Slade was brought in. He's had to steady the ship and cut the wage bill right down to be able to meet the fair play rules.

Tan and the rebrand is a big big part of it, but it comes from way before that.

Tickets are also reasonable now

Mon May 04, 2015 9:14 pm

KBK-13 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
KBK-13 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:

Agree partly. But don't think all the blame can be put on Tan, I'm not a fan of his and can't wait for him to leave but things have built up over a long period of time. The rebrand went through because a large majority of fans stuck with it due to the promise of 100million investment, which was huge for us due to the financial mis management for years under previous owners. We continued to overspend on players when we got promoted and off field problems contributed to relegation, we made a small profit last season but have paid the price this season and have had to get rid of high earners and the better players. I put that down to Tan for allowing the transfers and Malky and Moody for wasting millions. Then Tan appointed ole, and it was Dalmans choice, he was a disaster and wasted more money, was sacked and Slade was brought in. He's had to steady the ship and cut the wage bill right down to be able to meet the fair play rules.

Tan and the rebrand is a big big part of it, but it comes from way before that.

Tickets are also reasonable now

Have to agree about Hammam. He started spiral of debt with false promises about how he could not stop spending. What he meant was he couldn't stop borrowing. As a result paul guy was able to make a mint out of retail park and the new stadium became a millstone around our neck that riddler was able to exploit.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:16 pm

RICK+CCFC wrote:I blame VT for allowing it to happen in the first place, & I blame OGS, for assembling the biggest, most costly, & totally dysfunctional squad in the history of Cardiff City FC!

Agree .

Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 pm

Cheshirebluebird wrote:Vincent Tan ! Destroyed CCFC, took the fans for idiots, showed his principles are shaped entirely by money, now employs only yes men with a remit to asset strip. Slade is a hapless fool with no more idea of how to assemble and motivate a squad than me. But this starts and finishes with Tan - the right owner would make sensible appointments and appoint a manager who had the tactical nous to win football matches and then back his judgement with cash :sladeout: :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Oh yes if only we could pick one of them owners off the good owners tree we would be sorted.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:43 pm

Got to be the man at the Top. He is responsible for all the staff coming in and out of the Club.

Tue May 05, 2015 6:21 am

At the end of the day blame goes up which lays all the blame with Tan , however responsibility lies within individuals and groups and there are too many to blame . Managers , coaches , players and maybe a bad choice for team captain ?? 1 thing you can never blame are the fans though ..... we pay our money and takes our choice .

With hindsight and allowing leeway and being patient I am prepared to give Slade another chance but to quote many ex City managers he will be judged after 10 games !

Tue May 05, 2015 10:02 am

Forever Blue wrote:" WHO DO YOU BLAME AT CARDIFF CITY? "

For the the poor football this season?

For not even making the top ten,never mind the play-offs?

For the dwindling crowds this season?

For the low sales of season tickets for next season?

Vincent Tan? Russell Slade? or the players?

Question 1: Malky Mackay, he started the crap football and it all has to stem from somewhere, so the other managers have had enough time really to implement their style or philosophy.

Question 2: I guess the players and management, we was 2-0 up v Norwich playing some of the best football we had for a while. 1-0 up v Blackburn and concede in the last minute, Noone clears the ball before it gets to Gestede, there's 3 points. Daelhi doesn't bottle the challenge v Boro which leads to the counter for their goal then we are still 0-0. 2-0 up v Derby where really we should have seen the game out. There's 9/12 points we could have if it weren't down to management or players. Should change the question there we was one point off top 10, petty really.

Question 3: VT and the management/team. I missed one game out of 11/12. 12,13 and 13/14 at home including cups with was our defeat to Peterborough in 12/13. I missed Reading, Watford and Colchester (inc all comp) this season with only Colchester I had a decent enough reason to miss it.

Question 4: VT I will put it to.

At the end of this, everyone has had their part to play.. if you put it down to VT alone then your just being incredibly narrow minded.