Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" WHO DO YOU BLAME? "

Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 am

" WHO DO YOU BLAME AT CARDIFF CITY? "

For the the poor football this season?

For not even making the top ten,never mind the play-offs?

For the dwindling crowds this season?

For the low sales of season tickets for next season?

Vincent Tan? Russell Slade? or the players?

Re: " WHO DO YOU BLAME? "

Mon May 04, 2015 7:42 am

Pretty simple. The management, coaching and players for the poor football, our fickle fanbbase for the dwindling crowds, season tickets and atmosphere. Everyone has their part to play and too many look for excuses to blame everyone else.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:46 am

I blame VT for allowing it to happen in the first place, & I blame OGS, for assembling the biggest, most costly, & totally dysfunctional squad in the history of Cardiff City FC!

Mon May 04, 2015 7:48 am

the rot starts at the top.If not good here then it filters through and everyone is unhappy,no feel good factor.As for fickle fans,its their hard earned money and like everything you purchase you want value for money and we simply are not getting it.If you feel supporting a team is a passion then tan and co have removed that feeling from us...... :ayatollah:

Mon May 04, 2015 7:59 am

Everything stems from the owner for me Annis.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:04 am

carlccfc wrote:Everything stems from the owner for me Annis.

As always - But whilst VT is not in town Dalman and Choo run the business so for me a lot of the blame lies with these two donuts. :old:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:08 am

For me it wasn't Tan but as he was new to football I blame the ones he put his trust in to look after his money.That makes a small list for me which would include a manager or two and maybe a former owner too.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:08 am

Without a doubt slade for me.

The attendances down to fans. We are back to Blue, that was supposed to be the answer according to some fans.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:16 am

Who employed Dalman? Who employed Choo? Who employed Slade? Tan for all his money has been unbelievably naive in a football sense! Nobody with a football brain at the top has cost our club dearly! He is the man I blame!

Mon May 04, 2015 8:51 am

Owners. Money is not managed properly. Some of the contracts players have been offered have been insane. :o

Mon May 04, 2015 9:03 am

I blame all areas of management for the slide, I will never blame the fans,they pay a lot of money to watch City,and should be praised not criticised

Mon May 04, 2015 9:14 am

There's only one person to blame and that's Tan, the rebrand and ruining our season in the Premiership, all he had to do was keep his mouth shut until the end of the season and see if Malky could keep us up and then sack him. Every decision he has made since he forced Malky out has led us where we are now.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:21 am

Sneggyblubird wrote:For me it wasn't Tan but as he was new to football I blame the ones he put his trust in to look after his money.That makes a small list for me which would include a manager or two and maybe a former owner too.

Agree with you ...... but you should learn from your mistakes ...... Tan has'nt

Mon May 04, 2015 9:24 am

Neokutai wrote:There's only one person to blame and that's Tan, the rebrand and ruining our season in the Premiership, all he had to do was keep his mouth shut until the end of the season and see if Malky could keep us up and then sack him. Every decision he has made since he forced Malky out has led us where we are now.

Absolutely spot on mate!

Mon May 04, 2015 9:52 am

Tan - The rebrand stored resentment that was unmeasurable.

In that rebrand season we were in our second season of Malky. We believed in him, the tactics and the players. I think we all sensed something was happening. We were a club on the move, the sleeping giant had awoke !!!!!

I think most of us blanked the rebrand out, but that emotion like any stored energy must be spent. The problem for the club is its two years later. Ole would have needed a perfect season to delay the inevitable, he never, the rest is history.

The club need to genuinely apologize and pay reparations. I think it will take another two season to fade the memory enough to forgive.

Tan is the leader, he must lead....We are blue, with the bluebird back but it will take more than that. If Slade is given the chance to assemble a young hungrey squad then Tan must reduce the ticket for the upcoming season and get the buzz back. 10K in that huge stadium will be very hollow

Mon May 04, 2015 10:02 am

Vincent Tan has to accept the blame, hopefully his mother will put him right and get him to choose to stay and put things right or sell and give someone else a chance.
I think he might be considering another crack at the premiership as the rewards are huge, so he may throw more good money after bad to do so. I wish he would do one or the other as the current stalemate is helping no one

Mon May 04, 2015 11:24 am

RICK+CCFC wrote:I blame VT for allowing it to happen in the first place, & I blame OGS, for assembling the biggest, most costly, & totally dysfunctional squad in the history of Cardiff City FC!

This. Tan led made loads and loads of mistakes, rebrand etc, but this season the worst one he made was not sacking ole in summer and getting an experienced championship manager in who would have bought players suitable for this league.

I can think of probably 10 managers who would have recruited better than ole and probably spent half the money. How tan and his committee let ole buy all that rubbish on huge wages is unbelievable. Imagine buying two centre half's for about 8 million when we already had Hudson, turner, connolly and cala here. Madness.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:13 pm

Forever Blue wrote:" WHO DO YOU BLAME AT CARDIFF CITY? "

Tan and his Administration!

Mon May 04, 2015 12:30 pm

100% Vincent Tan.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:56 pm

Previous owners for over spending
Vincent Tan
Malky
OGS

Mistakes by these lot have meant we have had to cut costs, especially with the financial fair play rules.

When it comes to the on-field issues then it's down to the manager and the coaches to identify a suitable formation for the players we have.

Whittingham and Gunnarson both get a lot of stick but it's obvious neither should be in a 4-4-2 formation. Both still have something to offer at this level.

If a player is out of form (Noone) its for the manager to drop/rest him. Dips in form will happen.

Slades inability to rotate players or change formation shows how limited he is for me, but I'm happy for him to be in charge while we are balancing the books. The last thing we need is a new manager who will want new players.

Ben Turners interview has given me fresh hope that we can challenge next season of us fans get behind the players instead of the negativity at the moment

Mon May 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Vincent Tan .

Mon May 04, 2015 1:05 pm

Why are the options not including the fickle fans in the answer for poor season ticket sales?

Mon May 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Tan done what any good owner would do backed his managers ie malky and ole they are to blame for the mess we in now slade had a thankless task trying to sort it out

Mon May 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Tan.
Can't blame fans for staying away when the stewarding is draconian, the atmosphere suffering as a result and the football being dire at times.

The stalwarts will always attend, but others I fairness want value for money and entertainment.

The rebrand hasn't yet been fully reversed as the badge won't be seen till the new season. The damage caused by the whole fiasco will take time to heal.

Each manager since and including Malky has a responsibility to share too. The lack of spine when it mattered and the bad buying and selling of players for negative equity have played their part in bringing the club to where it is today.

Oh, and Nukes for sleeping at the game. :laughing6: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2: :sleepy2:

Mon May 04, 2015 2:35 pm

Most things tend to stem from the top.

Mon May 04, 2015 2:46 pm

Can we have ridsdale for leaving us on the verge of liquidation meaning we needed Tan to save us. Can we have Sam for bringing in Ridsdale? Can we have all the guys who waved Malaysian flags?

Another anti club post.

Mon May 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Russell Slade and VT for appointing him.

A manager out of his depth who gets his team to play boring, dire football. A new manager would add 5-8K season ticket holders but unfortunately it's not going to happen. :sladeout:

Mon May 04, 2015 3:06 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:Pretty simple. The management, coaching and players for the poor football, our fickle fanbbase for the dwindling crowds, season tickets and atmosphere. Everyone has their part to play and too many look for excuses to blame everyone else.

I agree with this ^^^^. Also VT for the mockery of the way he has handled the club but agree with the above everyone has to take some blame including our fans for reactions when losing and not turning up etc :thumbup:

Mon May 04, 2015 3:20 pm

bridgendbluebird30 wrote:Russell Slade and VT for appointing him.

A manager out of his depth who gets his team to play boring, dire football. A new manager would add 5-8K season ticket holders but unfortunately it's not going to happen. :sladeout:

It was said change back to blue would add thousands of season ticket holders. I don't think a new manager would have that much effect.

Mon May 04, 2015 5:06 pm

Vincent Tan 100%