Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ITS NOT CARDIFF HE WAS ON ABOUT "

Mon May 04, 2015 7:30 am

It was a return to Bolton Wanderers

Le Fondre Won't Rule Out Bolton Return

Monday May 04, 2015 | By Chris Mann URL

Adam Le Fondre

Adam Le Fondre admits to being in the dark over his future at Cardiff City, but has refused to rule out a return to Bolton next season.

Le Fondre joined Wanderers on loan in January and, despite playing just 17 games, ended the campaign as the club's leading goalscorer after netting eight times during his time at Macron Stadium - making him the first loanee to claim the Golden Boot since El-Hadji Diouf, in 2005.

The 28-year-old will return to the Welsh capital for talks with boss Russell Slade this week, where it is anticipated a decision will be made on the future of a player who still has two years remaining on his contract.

Posting on his official Twitter page (@A1F1E9), Le Fondre thanked the Bolton faithful for their support during his stay and gave a potential insight into the future.

Re: " ITS NOT CARDIFF HE WAS ON ABOUT "

Mon May 04, 2015 7:34 am

I'd quite like to have him back. Would be interesting to see what he can do with a more linked-up style in midfield, and subsequently better service. Hard to judget him until he's had 10 games with us where he gets some decent balls.

I do think he's got the technical ability and work-rate to perform well, conditions dependent.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:37 am

We got just as good as him on less than half his salary and the tw*t dont want to be here any way , get rid as quick as possible , hes totally over rated :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:53 am

I am amazed by the knowledge of the people on this forum - the amount of information they have on all our players' salaries is incredible. Please let me know where I can look up this bullshit, sorry information, as it is certainly not in the club's annual accounts! :lol:

PS Don't bother to respond - I know the answer - rumour and hearsay. :old:

Mon May 04, 2015 4:55 pm

Doesn't sound like he is committed to Cardiff City, so if he don't 100% want to be here then move him on. Don't think we'll miss him anyway.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:27 pm

Caerphillyblue1927 wrote:Doesn't sound like he is committed to Cardiff City, so if he don't 100% want to be here then move him on. Don't think we'll miss him anyway.

no player is committed to cardiff city as they dont know their future.....simple

Tue May 05, 2015 10:01 am

I'm going to throw it out there. I'm not that fussed about us losing Adam Le Fondre. I think he's very similar to Eoin Doyle and I actually think Doyle has the more potential. I don't think they'd play well together. I actually think Kenwyne Jones and Doyle would be a great partnership if given time. Reminds me of Bothroyd and McCormack. Doubt Jones will stay. I think it looks likely Mason will partner Doyle but, again, not sure that's a great partnership in the long run.

Tue May 05, 2015 10:16 am

Zabier wrote:I'm going to throw it out there. I'm not that fussed about us losing Adam Le Fondre. I think he's very similar to Eoin Doyle and I actually think Doyle has the more potential. I don't think they'd play well together. I actually think Kenwyne Jones and Doyle would be a great partnership if given time. Reminds me of Bothroyd and McCormack. Doubt Jones will stay. I think it looks likely Mason will partner Doyle but, again, not sure that's a great partnership in the long run.

I think Doyle is a more quicker version of Le fondre. I am with you on the whole not bothered bit.