Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " ABOUT 15 PLAYERS OUT AND 8 PLAYERS IN "

Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 am

Kiss is still a Cardiff player ...isn't he ?

on loan in Scotland.l

He always got stuck in.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:28 am

troobloo3339 wrote:Did I see some where that bournmouth lostto 40 million or over spent 40 milloin last season :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
did they also go down the administration route some years ago
there has been a few teams got into the prem after being in administration
maybe there past debts should be revisited and resurected etc :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

There are several clubs inc Bournemouth/swans who have gone into admin in recent past and got to premier! basically its easier to start from scratch than the situation we are In! :o

Mon May 04, 2015 8:37 am

wez1927 wrote:
bluemun wrote:Manga, Marshall and Whitts must be retained if we have any ambitions at all. Will Noddy Slade stand up to Vinnie ? Doubt it...he's Tan's man.

Why? we won without them on Saturday

this well said wez :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:50 am

Lawnmower wrote:I don't believe ALL of the top earners will go.

I expect Pilkington, whittingham, Turner and Morrison to stay.

KTC, LeFondre, Jones, Connolly, Noone, Guerra, Manga will all probably leave. I think we can cope without these, and Dikgachoi too. None of these featured against Forest.

Fabio, Marshall, Gunnarrson are ones I'm not so sure of and would like to see these stay and keeping hold of these 3 could be the key to avoiding another dismal season.
Mâchéda, I'm not sure about.
I'd like to keep him as I think he's got something to offer, but won't be gutted if he moved on, particularly if we got a few.

This is what I expect to happen and believe we can find younger hungrier players than those anyway. I would probably keep Connolly if we could as believe he is a better centre back than Morrison, but hasnt been given a fair crack in his rightful posistions and would certainly be a better partnership with Turner. I would like to keep Fabio too but don't need him John and Malone so one out of 3 will go and as he is on the highest wages could well be him. Marshall deserves a move if he wants one but if he doesn't shouldn't be forced out of the club. Gunnarsson and Whitts are the tricky ones. Both are fine servants and on their day really good players at this level but haven't performed consistently well enough this year. Part of this has to be on Slade as he has overplayed both players especially over the xmas period when they needed a rest. We need to freshen up this area and still have O'Keefe who looks ok Adeyemi who has got hell of an engine but needs to work on his passing, ralls who is developing and at least one other player who we will have to buy. Don't think we need both Whitts and Gunnar on big wages with all these especially if playing only 2 centre midfielders so one would go. IMO I would release Gunnar before Whitts not because I don't like him as a player just Whitts can do more with ball and if was a sub could come on and keep possession better like McPhail did on occasions at the end of his career.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:04 am

wez1927 wrote:
bluemun wrote:Manga, Marshall and Whitts must be retained if we have any ambitions at all. Will Noddy Slade stand up to Vinnie ? Doubt it...he's Tan's man.

Why? we won without them on Saturday

We beat a forest side who are having their own issues.

The problem with Slade is that he trying to save his own skin played his best players to death. Worked them in training to death.manga,whitts & marshall are championship elite

Mon May 04, 2015 9:07 am

Forever Blue wrote:" ABOUT 15 PLAYERS OUT AND 8 PLAYERS IN "

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

It is expected that Russell Slade will be made to get rid of nearly every player on £15,000 plus a week,which is about 15 plus players,including some on lower wages, in the City squad and Slade is expected to bring in about 8 new players.

So all in all Slade will have slashed the wages and trimmed the squad for next season,like he did this season.

Slade has to sort out all the players returning from loan spells.

Slade will later this month fly to Malaysia and discuss the final plans with Tan for next season.

Brilliant news, all those players are no better than average championship players, so no big loss. The average wage in the championship is just under £10k a week, so none of those players are anywhere near worth £15k :roll:
Looking at the whole situation and the rebuilding involved, it may take Slade, two seasons to have a good stab at promotion. It's encouraging hearing Turners comments, there was obviously many players here that didn't want to be here and just picking up a healthy wage.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:12 am

How do you move players on lucrative contracts if they do'nt want to leave ?
My guess is that their contracts would have to be paid up ...... this will cost a lot of money just to reduce the wage bill

Mon May 04, 2015 9:14 am

7777 glt wrote:How do you move players on lucrative contracts if they do'nt want to leave ?
My guess is that their contracts would have to be paid up ...... this will cost a lot of money just to reduce the wage bill
there are other clubs who will pay the same and will take a gamble

Mon May 04, 2015 9:33 am

Think it's a case of building the team again, I think he will keep the nucleus of the team that played against Scabby Forest and add to it. I think Manga, Noone, Maynard, plus the players out on loan will be off, as well as Macheda. I think Marshall will stay . Whoever starts in our first 11 next season, let's get behind the team, especially at home.

Mon May 04, 2015 9:44 am

wez1927 wrote:
7777 glt wrote:How do you move players on lucrative contracts if they do'nt want to leave ?
there are other clubs who will pay the same and will take a gamble

We have too many mediocre players on lucrative contracts that are not good enough at this level , and will be difficult to move on ..... its still going to cost a lot money just to get the wages down to a manageable level

Mon May 04, 2015 9:50 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Lawnmower wrote:I don't believe ALL of the top earners will go.

I expect Pilkington, whittingham, Turner and Morrison to stay.

KTC, LeFondre, Jones, Connolly, Noone, Guerra, Manga will all probably leave. I think we can cope without these, and Dikgachoi too. None of these featured against Forest.

Fabio, Marshall, Gunnarrson are ones I'm not so sure of and would like to see these stay and keeping hold of these 3 could be the key to avoiding another dismal season.
Mâchéda, I'm not sure about.
I'd like to keep him as I think he's got something to offer, but won't be gutted if he moved on, particularly if we got a few.

I don't think it will be a huge problem moving on KJ, he can do a job for a Premiership club, he is player who has a decent scoring record and can come off the bench and get a crucial goal, that has to be worth paying £37k a week for.

Tim, your right Pilkington,Whittingham and Turner will prob stay. Pilkinghton because no one will take an injury prone player on £20,000 plus a week.

Yes the other players are expected to go and more.

Much depends on who will take on their wages? ?

Agreed about the wage thing Annis.
We might want to get rid of say KJ and Dikgachoi but who will take them ?

For me it's going to be a critical summer that could shape the future of the club for years to come.
Get the balance right and there is certainly hope.
Get it wrong and it could be a season of struggle followed by more as our parachute payments drop and support dwindles further.

Just hope the majority of the work is done early so the team is in shape by mid July - for a change !

Tim, That is a worry regarding Kenwyne Jones and players like him on £37,500 basic are no where near worth that wage,thankfully he is the only one on an absurd wage.
Still a lot on £20,000 plus.Thankfully there are still clubs out there willing to pay those type of wages.
I agree a critical summer ahead.

Mon May 04, 2015 10:26 am

2blue2handle wrote:Good news. Far to many over average players on big wages. Other than manga and Marshall does anyone deserve to be on more than 15k? I don't think so.

Knock with wage bill in and let's live within our means. If people want Tan gone eventually then this is reality. We can't and shouldn't expect to rely on his money.

Agree with this...to be honest will be good to have a squad on realistic wages not coming here because we can offer more money than most

Mon May 04, 2015 11:53 am

4000 season ticket holders and expected crowds of 12k next year means we cannot justify paying anyone 750k a year.

Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 pm

maccydee wrote:4000 season ticket holders and expected crowds of 12k next year means we cannot justify paying anyone 750k a year.

That I agree on Neil.

But thanks to the way Tan has run our club,were now in some ways worse of than ever.

Our Support has left in their thousands,were in debt, 4 times the debt Tan inherited,Fans are fed up and after all the dividing of our fan base,stripping of our identity,a world circus,guess what were back in the middle of the Championship,with most fans glad to see the back of football.

Mon May 04, 2015 11:28 pm

llan bluebird wrote:It has never been said we will be adding League 1 journeymen to the squad, there are very good players out there.

Carl Dale would have easily made it in the second tier, not sure many defenders would have been sold on the stant step over and run straight "trick" though.

My all time cardiff City hate figure Bobby Gould had a Coventry City team in the old Div 1 made up of lower league players. The t**t took Dave Bennett and they did really well (for a while ;) )

I think Turner, Pilkington (will need to step up), Morrisson and Whitts is a really good older core. Ralls,Kennedy & Doyle as the main energy of the group and 8 new prem league rejects or promising lower league players kids will be just what the doctor ordered. We just need pace injected into the squad.

As well as a bit of strength throughout the team and some skill in the midfield :thumbup: :bluescarf:

Tue May 05, 2015 7:42 am

Why should we throw our arms up in protest, with the loanees coming back we have forty players in the squad. I for one believe that if we are ever to get the quality players in all see that are needed, then we MUST ship out that sort of number of players. In order to bring in players I think the figure should be even more than 15, we have a lot of dead wood on the playing staff. :bluebird:

Tue May 05, 2015 8:22 am

I honestly think we have to start again with the squad - too many hangers on now and I have to say credit to Tan for steadying the ship and reducing the overheads. Football brain or not, his business head is kicking in and you cant be a billionaire for p*ssing money left right and centre. You cant keep living where there is more going out than coming in and I think the approach taken this past 6 months will be to the benefit of our club going forward.

Lets start getting players that actually want to play for us. Not like the Le Fondres's of this world openly quoting about his desire to stay up north etc.... Lets start having people that cant wait to cross that line for us!

Tue May 05, 2015 9:26 am

This is exactly why our club are in such a mess.

We have moronic and greedy supporters demanding premier league players and all this which puts our club in a financial mess then they want a stable club financially. :lol:

Credit to VT, the board and Slade for doing this cost cutting session, this will bring the club even more stable money wise.

If anyone is annoyed by this news then don't look no further for a blame it's that man Malky Mackay. :thumbright:

Could we blame Ole? I don't know much about his signings and what wage were given.

Malky drove this club financially in a bigger mess we were already in and milked the club out of money which should have been ours but obviously his contract and wage here wasn't enough. :roll:

Malky blew a lot of the clubs money and did we get value for it? Not a chance.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:41 am

Kevin ratcliffe said unless we improve the current squad the only thing we face is relegation and I tend to agree cant see him improving the squad on lower wages he does not have that level of ability as a manager :digging2:

Tue May 05, 2015 12:31 pm

Remember that all of the other teams in the Championship will be doing the same thing. Nottingham Forest and Blackburn have had a transfer embargo because of FFP problems. QPR will apparently have severe issues because of what they spent in their last promotion season. I wonder what Derby's FFP state will be after spending presumably large loan fees on Bent and Ince? The idea is to level the playing field and FFP is starting to do that.

Tue May 05, 2015 1:25 pm

Its only beneficial for the future of the club. :thumbright: