Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" ABOUT 15 PLAYERS OUT AND 8 PLAYERS IN "

Sun May 03, 2015 11:02 pm

" ABOUT 15 PLAYERS OUT AND 8 PLAYERS IN "

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

It is expected that Russell Slade will be made to get rid of nearly every player on £15,000 plus a week,which is about 15 plus players,including some on lower wages, in the City squad and Slade is expected to bring in about 8 new players.

So all in all Slade will have slashed the wages and trimmed the squad for next season,like he did this season.

Slade has to sort out all the players returning from loan spells.

Slade will later this month fly to Malaysia and discuss the final plans with Tan for next season.

Re: " ABOUT 15 PLAYERS OUT AND 8 PLAYERS IN "

Sun May 03, 2015 11:15 pm

So much for the promise of a promotion push next season if we have to rip apart the whole squad and rebuild again with a mixture of low earning league 1 or below players! Parachute payments not being used then and just hitting tans pocket!

Understand letting a certain few go, but surely 90% are on over 15k a week!

Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 pm

Where has this come from ??

Sun May 03, 2015 11:25 pm

If this is true there is no chance of a promotion push next season (not that there ever was a big chance anyway)

Sun May 03, 2015 11:30 pm

charlieduke wrote:Where has this come from ??

Just watch over the next 3 months and see for yourself.

All the loan players come back tomorrow and meet Slade this week,there are more than a dozen of them.

Sun May 03, 2015 11:31 pm

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:So much for the promise of a promotion push next season if we have to rip apart the whole squad and rebuild again with a mixture of low earning league 1 or below players! Parachute payments not being used then and just hitting tans pocket!

None of Slades 7 players are on wages like that,plus players like Ralls and John ect are on a one third of that.

Sun May 03, 2015 11:33 pm

Dewi Rees wrote:If this is true there is no chance of a promotion push next season (not that there ever was a big chance anyway)

A small quality squad could get promoted with the right manager :thumbright:

You never know Tan might wake up and decide to up the budget for next season? ? ?

Sun May 03, 2015 11:50 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Dewi Rees wrote:If this is true there is no chance of a promotion push next season (not that there ever was a big chance anyway)

A small quality squad could get promoted with the right manager :thumbright:

You never know Tan might wake up and decide to up the budget for next season? ? ?

Get players in with something to prove rather than 'names'

Mon May 04, 2015 6:24 am

If there was no chance anyway we may as well change the squad and sort out the excessive budget.

No chance with this squad ..... No chance with a new squad ..... We've lost nothing.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:30 am

I don't believe ALL of the top earners will go.

I expect Pilkington, whittingham, Turner and Morrison to stay.

KTC, LeFondre, Jones, Connolly, Noone, Guerra, Manga will all probably leave. I think we can cope without these, and Dikgachoi too. None of these featured against Forest.

Fabio, Marshall, Gunnarrson are ones I'm not so sure of and would like to see these stay and keeping hold of these 3 could be the key to avoiding another dismal season.
Mâchéda, I'm not sure about.
I'd like to keep him as I think he's got something to offer, but won't be gutted if he moved on, particularly if we got a few.

Mon May 04, 2015 6:34 am

Lawnmower wrote:I don't believe ALL of the top earners will go.

KTC, LeFondre, Jones, Connolly, Noone, Guerra, Manga will all probably leave. I think we can cope without these, and Dikgachoi too. None of these featured against Forest.

Fabio, Marshall, Gunnarrson are ones I'm not so sure of and would like to see these stay and keeping hold of these 3 could be the key to avoiding another dismal season.
I'd like to keep him as I think he's got something to offer, but won't be gutted if he moved on, particularly if we got a few.

Maynard and Lewis also both out of contract and I'd guess will be gone

Mon May 04, 2015 6:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
charlieduke wrote:Where has this come from ??

Just watch over the next 3 months and see for yourself.

All the loan players come back tomorrow and meet Slade this week,there are more than a dozen of them.

A lot of the loan players were youngsters mind.
Some will come back into the fold and I expect a few will be loaned back out.
Out of the high earners on loan then I'd expect most to be sold and imho it won't be a great loss in most cases.

I'm more concerned about keeping the ones who've done reasonably well for us in the last few weeks and building on that with a bit of pace .

Mon May 04, 2015 6:42 am

the strategy of the club changes direction every week-or-so. I will expect players on higher wages will be bought in Jan if we are flirting with relegation. No business model is set in stone. All depends on who Tan is looking at to replicate.

Bournemouth & Brentford is the new flavour. Sadly, if it was that easy, no Championship wage would ever exceed 7k - 12k

Mon May 04, 2015 6:47 am

this time next year Tan will be left with a bunch of highly paid league one players and they will have to go.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:03 am

Honestly do you think we will get rid of every player earning over £15,000? Our club are stupid but not that stupid and short sighted!

I have no issue in certain high earners going as they don't justify the wages they are on KJ being one. I would rather have a balances squad playing for the shirt, with our Financial security safeguarded for years to come.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:13 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:Honestly do you think we will get rid of every player earning over £15,000? Our club are stupid but not that stupid and short sighted!

I have no issue in certain high earners going as they don't justify the wages they are on KJ being one. I would rather have a balances squad playing for the shirt, with our Financial security safeguarded for years to come.

this :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 7:19 am

Tim, your right Pilkington,Whittingham and Turner will prob stay. Pilkinghton because no one will take an injury prone player on £20,000 plus a week.

Yes the other players are expected to go and more.

Much depends on who will take on their wages? ?

Mon May 04, 2015 7:21 am

cardiffblue74 wrote:Honestly do you think we will get rid of every player earning over £15,000? Our club are stupid but not that stupid and short sighted!

If you read I honestly said " Nearly all " so that means most,leaving a few.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:" ABOUT 15 PLAYERS OUT AND 8 PLAYERS IN "

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

It is expected that Russell Slade will be made to get rid of nearly every player on £15,000 plus a week,which is about 15 plus players including some on lower wages in the City squad and Slade is expected to bring in about 8 new players.

So all in all Slade will have slashed the wages and trimmed the squad for next season,like he did this season.

Slade has to sort out all the players returning from loan spells.

Slade will later this month fly to Malaysia and discuss the final plans with Tan for next season.

It's an unfortunate fact that with Financial Fair Play rule the club will need to prune it's costs considerably. The rules state that a Championship club can only lose a maximum of £2m in the season 2015-16 without owners investment (in that season not for the historic debt equity situation).

Permitted losses will reduce from an acceptable deviation of £4m for 2011/12 to £2m by 2015/16, with additional investment in certain areas of club infrastructure being excluded (e.g. youth development and community programmes).

The permitted level of shareholder equity investment will reduce from £8m for the 2011/12 season to £3m by 2015/16

Remembering that CCFC Since62 stated recently in another thread that during our promotion season the total match day income was just£ 6m and with our income likely to be half that this season we have to cut our cloth accordingly or face sanctions which include a transfer ban and hefty fines. (and we would all be happy with that wouldn't we!!)

The parachute payments of £15m? added to our other expected incomes (season tickets,hospitality and T.V monies) will probably gross around £23m.

The club has high day to day running costs players wages are ridiculously high for the level that we find ourselves at (each player earning £15k per week will really be costing the club around £1m per year when all other costs are taken into account (national insurance, health insurance,bonuses etc.) so 15 of these would use up approaching 70% of the projected income!! Also take into account that there are a number of players being paid significantly more than this.

We can blame the former Managers,Chief Executives and Tan himself but we are where we are and it seems to me that this action is unavoidable.

Barely any of them are worth £15k per week anyway!!!!

Perhaps somebody could put up a sticky explaining the FFP rules so that fans really understand the importance of running a tight ship, it might open peoples eyes to the problems that the club faces.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:33 am

ThomasC wrote:the strategy of the club changes direction every week-or-so. I will expect players on higher wages will be bought in Jan if we are flirting with relegation. No business model is set in stone. All depends on who Tan is looking at to replicate.

Bournemouth & Brentford is the new flavour. Sadly, if it was that easy, no Championship wage would ever exceed 7k - 12k

Bournemouth have spent decent money and reputably pay big wages. Not sure about Brentford but they have wealthy backers.

Mon May 04, 2015 7:41 am

Like I said in an earlier post, we could loose a dozen players from our squad tomorrow, & it would have no impact on the current "Team" what so ever.

I, for one, can see the financial sense in all this, as current wage levels are simply not sustainable. We need to have a solid, financial base. Have we not learned many lessons on this subject in the past?

Mon May 04, 2015 7:49 am

Did I see some where that bournmouth lost 40 million or over spent 40 milloin last season :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:
did they also go down the administration route some years ago
there has been a few teams got into the prem after being in administration
maybe there past debts should be revisited and resurected etc :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:00 am

Blackwood_Bluebird wrote:So much for the promise of a promotion push next season if we have to rip apart the whole squad and rebuild again with a mixture of low earning league 1 or below players! Parachute payments not being used then and just hitting tans pocket!

By no means a Slade fan, but how did our over paid under achieving stars do this season......

Get rid of all of them

Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 am

Forever Blue wrote:

Tim, your right Pilkington,Whittingham and Turner will prob stay. Pilkinghton because no one will take an injury prone player on £20,000 plus a week.

Agreed about the wage thing Annis.
We might want to get rid of say KJ and Dikgachoi but who will take them ?

For me it's going to be a critical summer that could shape the future of the club for years to come.
Get the balance right and there is certainly hope.
Get it wrong and it could be a season of struggle followed by more as our parachute payments drop and support dwindles further.

Just hope the majority of the work is done early so the team is in shape by mid July - for a change !

Mon May 04, 2015 8:09 am

Lawnmower wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Agreed about the wage thing Annis.
We might want to get rid of say KJ and Dikgachoi but who will take them ?

For me it's going to be a critical summer that could shape the future of the club for years to come.
Get the balance right and there is certainly hope.
Get it wrong and it could be a season of struggle followed by more as our parachute payments drop and support dwindles further.

Just hope the majority of the work is done early so the team is in shape by mid July - for a change !

Tim, That is a worry regarding Kenwyne Jones and players like him on £37,500 basic are no where near worth that wage,thankfully he is the only one on an absurd wage.
Still a lot on £20,000 plus.Thankfully there are still clubs out there willing to pay those type of wages.
I agree a critical summer ahead.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:14 am

Good news. Far to many over average players on big wages. Other than manga and Marshall does anyone deserve to be on more than 15k? I don't think so.

Knock with wage bill in and let's live within our means. If people want Tan gone eventually then this is reality. We can't and shouldn't expect to rely on his money.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 am

It has never been said we will be adding League 1 journeymen to the squad, there are very good players out there.

Carl Dale would have easily made it in the second tier, not sure many defenders would have been sold on the stant step over and run straight "trick" though.

My all time cardiff City hate figure Bobby Gould had a Coventry City team in the old Div 1 made up of lower league players. The t**t took Dave Bennett and they did really well (for a while ;) )

I think Turner, Pilkington (will need to step up), Morrisson and Whitts is a really good older core. Ralls,Kennedy & Doyle as the main energy of the group and 8 new prem league rejects or promising lower league players kids will be just what the doctor ordered. We just need pace injected into the squad.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:24 am

Manga, Marshall and Whitts must be retained if we have any ambitions at all. Will Noddy Slade stand up to Vinnie ? Doubt it...he's Tan's man.

Mon May 04, 2015 8:24 am

Let's face it we've been over paying for years, other teams wage bills half been half what we've been paying its time to get realistic

Mon May 04, 2015 8:25 am

bluemun wrote:Manga, Marshall and Whitts must be retained if we have any ambitions at all. Will Noddy Slade stand up to Vinnie ? Doubt it...he's Tan's man.

Why? we won without them on Saturday