Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY DIRECTOR NOT HAPPY "

Sat May 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Steve Borley tonight on twitter

Steve Borley @SteveCMB
The team dedicated the win to @ChrisWathan and WalesOnline

Steve Borley @SteveCMB
@ChrisWathan is behind today's disgraceful letter in the Echo. He doesn't hide the fact he is a Swansea fan but can't get a job on the Post

Cardiff City director Steve Borley has called an open letter by the South Wales Echo 'disgraceful'.

Borley tweeted on Friday that reporter Chris Wathan was behind the the unsigned letter and after today's win at Nottingham Forest he tweeted again say the team dedicated the win to Chris.

What do you think about the letter? Are the Echo right or is it disgraceful as Steve Borley says.

Re: " CARDIFF CITY DIRECTOR NOT HAPPY "

Sat May 02, 2015 4:08 pm

Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Maybe it touched a raw nerve with Borley

Us the paying customer deserve better then what we have been served up this season :sladeout: :sladeout:

Sat May 02, 2015 4:27 pm

I did not agree with the so called letter as I do not think this season is one of our worst ever,by far it is not,plus the letter was put out by the Echo with No name? :o
Everyone is entitled to their opinion though,but why not say which reporter wrote it?

Sat May 02, 2015 4:44 pm

It would appear that Mr.Borley is against free speech

Sat May 02, 2015 4:55 pm

[quote="Forever Blue"]I did not agree with the so called letter as I do not think this season is one of our worst ever,by far it is not,plus the letter was put out by the Echo with No name? :o
Everyone is entitled to their opinion though,but why not say which reporter wrote it?/quote]
Was one of the worst for me. Maybe not on the playing side of things, but for me more the way the fans were split between red and blue, the attitude of the stewards towards fans, lack of atmosphere in the ground. Just a combination of things that make me glad this season is over, but hopefully the next one will be more enjoyable. :bluescarf:

Sat May 02, 2015 4:58 pm

Steve Zodiak wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I did not agree with the so called letter as I do not think this season is one of our worst ever,by far it is not,plus the letter was put out by the Echo with No name? :o
Everyone is entitled to their opinion though,but why not say which reporter wrote it?/quote]
Was one of the worst for me. Maybe not on the playing side of things, but for me more the way the fans were split between red and blue, the attitude of the stewards towards fans, lack of atmosphere in the ground. Just a combination of things that make me glad this season is over, but hopefully the next one will be more enjoyable. :bluescarf:

Steve, last season and the season before we had 2 full seasons of the divide, at least this season we got our Blue back :thumbright: :bluescarf:

Steve,they should of signed their name to it? :thumbright:

Sat May 02, 2015 5:37 pm

I like Steve Borley a lot - what he's done for our club should never be forgotten. But his relationship with social media does not help build bridges.

If he thought the open letter was a disgrace why go on twitter and start yet another debate and slagging off the journalist.

Sometimes silence is the best defense and Steve needs to show a little more constraint and rise above these things.

Sat May 02, 2015 5:50 pm

My personal thoughts/issue was that whoever (Wathan??) wrote the letter 'hid' behind the editorial by not attaching his/her name to it before publishing! :oops:

I didn't agree with the letter, but agree that everyone is entitled to their opinion!

I have/had the same issue with the gutless person who failed to come forward to admit the recent 'Trust' spat with Steve Borley on Twitter, as it casts doubt on others and smacks of a little cowardice. In my book, if you have something to say, say it and stand behind what you write, whether others agree or not!

Steve Borley hides behind no one and is to be commended regardless of what others think and he has today had his say on what he thinks about someone (maybe an Organisation?) trying to destabilise the club!

As I said, just my personal thoughts! :ayatollah:

Sat May 02, 2015 7:46 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I did not agree with the so called letter as I do not think this season is one of our worst ever,by far it is not,plus the letter was put out by the Echo with No name? :o
Everyone is entitled to their opinion though,but why not say which reporter wrote it?

Apart from the fact that he was way wrong about it being one of our worst ever seasons (we've had far worse than this) the article was saying what you want wasn't it? ie. that Slade is not the man for the job. I tend to agree but it looks like he's going to be given a chance. :thumbup:

Sat May 02, 2015 10:01 pm

It does seem to me that the Echo is trying to create divisions within the club. Isn't Chris Wathan a Swansea fan? He certainly hates Cardiff :sladein:

Re: UPDATED " CARDIFF CITY DIRECTOR NOT HAPPY "

Sat May 02, 2015 10:08 pm

Steve Borley @SteveCMB
The team dedicated the win to @ChrisWathan and WalesOnline

Sat May 02, 2015 10:10 pm

Steve Borley @SteveCMB
@ChrisWathan is behind today's disgraceful letter in the Echo. He doesn't hide the fact he is a Swansea fan but can't get a job on the Post

Sun May 03, 2015 8:33 am

Forever Blue wrote:Steve Borley @SteveCMB

Rise above it Steve you surely know what supporters are like! :bluescarf:

Sun May 03, 2015 9:20 am

I thought only the Gavins and Staceys of this world still bought the Echo...

Sun May 03, 2015 9:30 am

Lanwood wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Steve Borley @SteveCMB

Rise above it Steve you surely know what supporters are like! :bluescarf:

CORRECTED Rise above it Steve you surely know what reporters are like!