Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Witnessed the future today

Sat May 02, 2015 1:59 pm

And IMO it's in safe hands
We have the youthful look of a decent squad in the making
O Keefe ralls mason Doyle Kennedy IMO must be the base of our team next season
Moore came on and made some terrific saves how some on here can question wether he is good enough for championship football at this time in his career baffles me
We looked good in midfield today and going foreward was really good
But we also showed a defensive steel in the later stages today when we went down to 10 men
And finally it's no coincidence that we have won every game in the league this season that whitts has not played in hmmmmmm :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Re: Witnessed the future today

Sat May 02, 2015 2:06 pm

Looks like a solid foundation for the future :thumbup: Hopefully those in charge can build on this for next season. :bluescarf: ps Feck off you Jack/Cewnty wank*rs :wave:

Sat May 02, 2015 2:14 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:And IMO it's in safe hands
Moore came on and made some terrific saves how some on here can question wether he is good enough for championship football at this time in his career baffles me
But we also showed a defensive steel in the later stages today when we went down to 10 men
And finally it's no coincidence that we have won every game in the league this season that whitts has not played in hmmmmmm :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Hmmm but how many will be sold of today's team?

Enjoyed today,best game of the season :thumbright:

I've heard they want Fabio,Gunnarson,Marshall,Morrison gone wages to high ?

Sat May 02, 2015 2:20 pm

I've seen the future as well and Whitts goes straight back into the team lol.

Sat May 02, 2015 2:22 pm

It was a good performance, but don't get carried away.

I really hope I'm wrong, but I can't see Slade doing well for us.

Sun May 03, 2015 12:57 am

2blue2handle wrote:I've seen the future as well and Whitts goes straight back into the team lol.

Agreed! Come the new season and it'll be same old, same old! :sladeout:

Sun May 03, 2015 8:29 am

Agree with most of what you have said. I think a lot of fans have noticed that we have played better when certain established players have not been in the team, but the man who counts doesn't seem to have picked up on that, and I can't quite understand how you rightly say it's no coincidence that we won every game that Whitts has not played in, but follow it up with a Slade In sticker. Unless you believe that Tan is insisting on Slade selecting him all the time.

Sun May 03, 2015 10:03 am

We've also won games with Whitts in so what's your point other than to slate him at every opportunity. There's other players that sometimes don't step up to the mark but you never say anything about that, you also don't praise Whitts when he does have a good game and even has man of the match, you have an agenda Stevie boy.
Oh by the way it is Slade that picks Whitts but yet you want Slade in hmmmmmmm, double standards I think they call it or is it whatever suits for you???
I do agree with the first part of your post but then go and spoil it by your last comment :lol: you can't make this shit up.

Sun May 03, 2015 8:03 pm

O Keefe ralls mason Doyle Kintriguednnedy IMO must be the base of our team next season

Steve, I have to admit I've been waiting patiently for your answer to the very interesting questions Zodiak and Tenerife posed you. I'm Intrigued. You and I seem to have exactly the same views on Whittingham and you know full well Slade will resort to type and play the guy at every opportunity yet you are :sladein: Apart from many other things its one of the main reasons I'm firmly :sladeout: I want to see a complete overhaul and see a more youthful, vibrant midfield. How do uou reconcile this with your positivity on Slade?

Sun May 03, 2015 8:37 pm

Look at how many of our U21s/U18s are getting released. It's not in safe hands, I'd like to see how much we're investing in the academy. Ralls we can only just call a product of ours. Whittingham didn't play due to injury. I'll only believe it if we sell the players that are holding us back

Sun May 03, 2015 11:42 pm

tenerife_blu wrote:

We've also won games with Whitts in so what's your point other than to slate him at every opportunity. There's other players that sometimes don't step up to the mark but you never say anything about that, you also don't praise Whitts when he does have a good game and even has man of the match, you have an agenda Stevie boy.
Oh by the way it is Slade that picks Whitts but yet you want Slade in hmmmmmmm, double standards I think they call it or is it whatever suits for you???
I do agree with the first part of your post but then go and spoil it by your last comment :lol: you can't make this shit up.

let me know the next time whitts has a good game and I will give him praise it will probably be for our seconds
and I will be watching the first team so I wont see it :lol: :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 5:42 am

:sladeout: :sladeout: :sladein: :sladeout: :sladein: :sladeout: Shake it all about :laughing6:

Mon May 04, 2015 8:03 am

tenerife_blu wrote:

steve ive been up all night looking at replays of our games this season and in all honesty the best 2 bits of whitts quality that done us any good as a team was one getting sent off and the second was getting injured , I cant praise him highly enough for both :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Mon May 04, 2015 11:19 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

steve ive been up all night looking at replays of our games this season and in all honesty the best 2 bits of whitts quality that done us any good as a team was one getting sent off and the second was getting injured , I cant praise him highly enough for both :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Steve I agree totally and think we'd be far better off without him but how can you continue to support Slade when the guy is the first name on his team sheet? To be honest, I'm amazed Slade didn't play him when he was injured.

Mon May 04, 2015 1:19 pm

The problem is not Whittingham, he still has plenty to offer at this level. The problem is our formation, IMO most of our players would be more suited to a different formation.

Peltier - 4-4-2 is great for him. Solid defensively but hesitant in going forward

Turner and Morrison - 4-4-2 is fine

Fabio - more of a wing back than a full back. 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 where we have 2 holding midfielders to cover him when he goes forward

Kennedy - 4-2-3-1, would be better further forward on the right of the 3

Gunnarson - doesn't have the all round game for a 4-4-2, limited technically but a battler, 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 where there is holding midfielders

O'Keefe - looks ok in a 4-4-2 but think he would be good as a holding midfielder, reminds me of Britton in the way he keeps the ball simple and turns the ball over well. Plenty of energy. 4-2-3-1 and sit him alongside Gunnarson

Ralls - Better centrally, 4-4-2, 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2 will work with him, versatile

Mason - not an out and out striker for me, think he would be better suited as an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1.

Doyle - works in a 4-4-2 or 3-5-2 but not sure he could lead the line alone

Mon May 04, 2015 2:28 pm

KBK-13 wrote:The problem is not Whittingham, he still has plenty to offer at this level. The problem is our formation, IMO most of our players would be more suited to a different formation.

Peltier - 4-4-2 is great for him. Solid defensively but hesitant in going forward

Fabio - more of a wing back than a full back. 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 where we have 2 holding midfielders to cover him when he goes forward

Gunnarson - doesn't have the all round game for a 4-4-2, limited technically but a battler, 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1 where there is holding midfielders

O'Keefe - looks ok in a 4-4-2 but think he would be good as a holding midfielder, reminds me of Britton in the way he keeps the ball simple and turns the ball over well. Plenty of energy. 4-2-3-1 and sit him alongside Gunnarson

Mason - not an out and out striker for me, think he would be better suited as an attacking midfielder in a 4-2-3-1.

We have played various formations that have not been best suited to the players selected, and have played players out of position, and often out of form. I am not sure if Whittingham's best days are behind him, but I can't understand how someone who won't hear a word mentioned against Slade can then slate Whittingham in the way that he has, when it is Slade that has persisted with him for so long, even when many on here could see that he was out of form, and being used in a formation that meant he was always going to be ineffective. The way Slade has used Whittingham hasn't helped the player or the team, and for Troobloo to recognise this but still refuse to hear any criticism aimed at Slade is a little odd.

Mon May 04, 2015 3:14 pm

I agree about the formations and players. This is legacy of changing so many managers in such a small amount of space. We don't have a footballing philosophy. Malky sacrificed a second striker and real wingers and Whitts came infield. I can't recall him tackling or closing down too many times, but he set the tempo and direction.

When you look at when Whitts doesn't get much criticism is when we play against a 442. On an even match up he does well and does give us that added quality. He (we) get badly exposed when we go against a 4231 or 433 when his and Gunnars lack of mobility gets exposed against the extra man in the middle. Admittedly against good central midfielders in the premier league his lack of physicality counted against him.

It will cost more money than its worth to remove him, so the manager needs to figure out where best to play him. I think he could do it as one of the 2 in a 4231 or if he works on his sharpness over the summer on the left of the 3 in a 4231. Not sure that formation is on Slades radar though :cry:

Mon May 04, 2015 4:06 pm

llan bluebird wrote:I agree about the formations and players. This is legacy of changing so many managers in such a small amount of space. We don't have a footballing philosophy. Malky sacrificed a second striker and real wingers and Whitts came infield. I can't recall him tackling or closing down too many times, but he set the tempo and direction.

When you look at when Whitts doesn't get much criticism is when we play against a 442. On an even match up he does well and does give us that added quality. He (we) get badly exposed when we go against a 4231 or 433 when his and Gunnars lack of mobility gets exposed against the extra man in the middle. Admittedly against good central midfielders in the premier league his lack of physicality counted against him.

It will cost more money than its worth to remove him, so the manager needs to figure out where best to play him. I think he could do it as one of the 2 in a 4231 or if he works on his sharpness over the summer on the left of the 3 in a 4231. Not sure that formation is on Slades radar though :cry:

I think we could easily sell him because he would get in most other teams in the championship. I would hate to see Whitts leave, I would love him to have a role in the coaching staff once his playing days are over

Tue May 05, 2015 9:00 am

troobloo3339 wrote:
tenerife_blu wrote:

sarcasm is the lowest form of whit, pardon the pun
you cease to amaze me how you can slate whitts at every opportunity yet you got this love in with Slade when he and the 3 previous mangers before him always put whitts in, you baffle me :?
at least city slicker wants :sladeout: :lol: keep :digging2: Steve :thumbup:

Tue May 05, 2015 9:04 am

KBK-13 wrote:The problem is not Whittingham, he still has plenty to offer at this level. The problem is our formation, IMO most of our players would be more suited to a different formation.

:hello1: the best post on this thread, at last someone who can see that whitts is NOT the problem and it is the formation we play which Slade chooses to use, that goes for other players too :thumbup:

Tue May 05, 2015 9:06 am

Steve Zodiak wrote:

We have played various formations that have not been best suited to the players selected, and have played players out of position, and often out of form. I am not sure if Whittingham's best days are behind him, but I can't understand how someone who won't hear a word mentioned against Slade can then slate Whittingham in the way that he has, when it is Slade that has persisted with him for so long, even when many on here could see that he was out of form, and being used in a formation that meant he was always going to be ineffective. The way Slade has used Whittingham hasn't helped the player or the team, and for Troobloo to recognise this but still refuse to hear any criticism aimed at Slade is a little odd.

This ^^^^^ it's called double standards Steve :thumbright:

Tue May 05, 2015 9:10 am

llan bluebird wrote:I agree about the formations and players. This is legacy of changing so many managers in such a small amount of space. We don't have a footballing philosophy. Malky sacrificed a second striker and real wingers and Whitts came infield. I can't recall him tackling or closing down too many times, but he set the tempo and direction.

agreed with this but isn't that down to Slade to combat the other teams formation??? So if he used Whitts to his and the teams advantage by playing a system to combat the oppositions formation then Whitts would not be used as a scapegoat by some of our fans of which some back Slade who picks Whitts everytime when available, double standards again of some on here :o :oops:

Wed May 06, 2015 7:11 am

Well lets turn this double standard shit on its head shall we
you whitts lovers obviously think the sun shines out of his arse and want him playing
but want a manager sacked who picks him hmmmmmmm
just shows what stupid comments have been posted on here
lets put the record straight
I post slade in becouse i belief he is the best we can get to do the job that cardiff city need done at the momment
ie debt reduction , wage reduction , self suffiency and keeping our championship place , and eventually making a push for the premier league
im realistic and dont expect these things overnight and believe these aims are at least 2/ 3year plan
just becouse I believe slade is the right man to achieve these aims , I dont have to agree with every thing he does
ie picking out of form under achieving players
and I will allways say it how I see it
thats what forums are for
I do not respond to the poster personally
I respond to the post :sladein: :bluescarf: :bluebird: