Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Why I will not buy a Season Ticket

Fri May 01, 2015 3:20 pm

I will not throw good money after poorly spent money for the following reasons:

1) Exceptionally poor performance of the Team. The play is not Championship level performance by no stretch of the imagination. Why should I pay 100 Quid more a year than what is paid in Germany to see rubbish play that looks more like League 2 play.

2) How can I take seriously the notion that we are going for promotion to the Premier League next season when the Administration is getting rid of players that might be able to take us there, especially when League 1 players and League 2 players are being bought in.

3) How can I trust the administration when they say one thing and then act exactly the opposite.

4) Exceptionally poor customer service. Fans are treated as if they can be easily replaced. Fans are far more than mere customers. Management has no clue about providing great customer experiences for the Fans to relish.

5) Exceptionally poor game atmosphere. Stewards are obsessed with power. They attempt to smoother and stamp out any kind of protest. Cardiff fans used to sing to the players, to the opponents fans but no longer does this happen.

6) At halftime and pre game there used to be the Welsh Guards marching; There used to be children playing football matches that I liked to watch but no more. We do not even get Welch sporting greats being introduced anymore.

7) We used to see replays when goals were scored but no longer. No loud music to celebrate. Yes the fans yell but even that has gone to some extent.

8) You used to be able to buy a program at nearly each entrance to the stadium. No longer is this possible. You must purchase them from the supporters clubs which is okay but poor business since they should be generally available.

So fans are being treated to an exceptionally poor experience at home games. This is why I will not renew my season ticket. :bluescarf:

Re: Why I will not buy a Season Ticket

Fri May 01, 2015 3:28 pm

You are in an angry mood cosi : :evil: :bluebird:

Fri May 01, 2015 8:31 pm

Why put money into a busted business model. Especially when the business couldn't give a flying beep about it's customers. I would say fans but they don't see us that way.

Fri May 01, 2015 8:49 pm

There we are then you found enough excuses :sleepy2: heard there's a premier league team down the road you can support instead :wave:

Why do people come on here making excuses if you don't want to go then don't.

:bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Will you go away instead or are there more excuses :?:

Fri May 01, 2015 9:05 pm

I don't like this feeling that everyone has to justify if they do or don't get a season ticket. It seems people are being pressurised into buying a ticket as if it makes them less of a fan.
If seasons tickets have dropped massively it's for a reason. That many people can't be wrong.

Fri May 01, 2015 9:25 pm

I bet you are one of those who were saying "No Blue, No Renew" - something that I actually agreed with.

But it was just an excuse for many, such as you, to not renew. Now the truth comes out that the reason you don't want to renew is because the team are having a bad season.

Fri May 01, 2015 11:12 pm

It really goes deeper than loyalty; this season coupled with what goes on upstairs is deeply worrying.Also as soon as the "Tan" arrived we are all customers, he cannot understand our culture period.Personally I would prefer us being in the second tier with a load of kids running their bollocks off for the badge, now that's football!

Sat May 02, 2015 12:16 am

Jimmy Scoular wrote:It really goes deeper than loyalty; this season coupled with what goes on upstairs is deeply worrying.Also as soon as the "Tan" arrived we are all customers, he cannot understand our culture period.Personally I would prefer us being in the second tier with a load of kids running their bollocks off for the badge, now that's football!

Your 100% right about Tan and our culture. He's shown a complete lack of respect for it! Now he's paying the price for it! Does he care? I doubt it!!

Sat May 02, 2015 8:52 am

You forgot to say we not in prem people like you priceless you not a city fan proper fans support the team through thick and thin pathetic post from a pathetic poster

Sat May 02, 2015 8:54 am

Gaffer wrote:There we are then you found enough excuses :sleepy2: heard there's a premier league team down the road you can support instead :wave:

Well said mate :bluebird: :bluebird: :bluebird:

Sat May 02, 2015 10:29 am

It is an open forum, why not give his opinion ? Don't mean he's going to support anyone else either.
The fact is, it's his money and he has every right how he spends it. None of us has any right how to tell him how to spend it.
We all have varying levels of support for the club.
Good luck to him I say.
I have not renewed but then again after 14 straight seasons of being a season ticket holder, I never last year either.
The club is a mess I go to the odd game now (most are odd under Slade anyway) but since the rebrand, the club has been in a downward spiral I now go for the chance to see a few mates more than I do the games.
It's going to take a lot of work by the club to get the season ticket holders back.
But we all know that anyway. :sladeout:

Sat May 02, 2015 10:51 am

So Gaffer, Johnny Boy, Worcrestor_ccfc it is clear to me that if you went into a restaurant where they served you a pile of shit, you paid 100 pounds above a reasonable price for it and where they think you are a customer and treat you poorly that you would say thank you so very much, not complain. Sounds like you would go back and eat the shit. :sladeout:

Sat May 02, 2015 1:51 pm

When are Swansea due to expand their stadium??

Sat May 02, 2015 4:56 pm

How much did you pay last season?

How much you pay current season?

How much for next season?

Sat May 02, 2015 5:27 pm

Cosi wrote:So Gaffer, Johnny Boy, Worcrestor_ccfc it is clear to me that if you went into a restaurant where they served you a pile of shit, you paid 100 pounds above a reasonable price for it and where they think you are a customer and treat you poorly that you would say thank you so very much, not complain. Sounds like you would go back and eat the shit. :sladeout:

It's called loyalty to your Club. Crap analogy to justify your lack of fight and walking away as at the moment we aren't as succesful as we have been in recent years.

Sat May 02, 2015 7:22 pm

That is total nonsense.. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a fan or a "true fan" as people keep saying... It's nonsense

You say support the club through thick and thin, you don't have to renew to support the club.

When the football improves so will the crowds, these fans are still "true fans"

Sat May 02, 2015 7:24 pm

That is total nonsense.. You don't have to be a season ticket holder to be a fan or a "true fan" as people keep saying... It's nonsense

You say support the club through thick and thin, you don't have to renew to support the club.

Sat May 02, 2015 7:24 pm

Sat May 02, 2015 8:26 pm

Why will I Will Buy A Season ticket next season?,,,,because I love City,,,,,that's why!!!

Sun May 03, 2015 11:18 am

Why will I buy a season ticket next year easy.

season ticket = £15ish a ticket

On the day = £28ish

Can miss 9ish games and still have a benifit easy.

Sun May 03, 2015 12:41 pm

Never bought one when we were shit
Never bought one at NP
never bought one 2009~11

Bought one since 2012
Bought one in the championship
Bought one after the rebrand
Bought another one after the rebrand
Bought one after relegation back to our natural home

Haven't bought one yet, but I am sulking as i believe next season will be shit, so I am undecided whether to stay in the Ninian or return to the family stand. Hopefully my delay coupled with another 10K will make the club review its relationship with its fans.

Why anybody feels the need to start a look at me thread is beyond me. :sladeout:

Sun May 03, 2015 4:42 pm

Gaffer wrote:There we are then you found enough excuses :sleepy2: heard there's a premier league team down the road you can support instead :wave:

Agree with this, who cares.

:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Sun May 03, 2015 5:23 pm

Totally agree with Llanishen bluebird,also some folks may not be able to afford it all at once ,better the odd game rather than none

Mon May 04, 2015 8:23 am

Bored of reading these threads, all those excuses will dissappear if we start winning again.

Mon May 04, 2015 12:28 pm

See you again when we're in the top 6. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Mon May 04, 2015 1:22 pm

JonCCFC wrote:See you again when we're in the top 6. :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

:lol:

Mon May 04, 2015 2:32 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I bet you are one of those who were saying "No Blue, No Renew" - something that I actually agreed with.

But it was just an excuse for many, such as you, to not renew. Now the truth comes out that the reason you don't want to renew is because the team are having a bad season.

exactly, i'd have no problem if a person just said, 'I'm bored of watching crap football and can think of better ways to spend my money'. at least they'd be honest instead of trying to kid themselves and other fans with posts like this.

the same people making these sorts of posts will be back as soon as the success returns, and will be willing to pay higher prices than are currently being charged.

i really couldn't care less about attention seeking posts like this. and those people who make them for that matter.

Tue May 05, 2015 9:27 am

Number 7 got me! No replays!!!! Jesus Christ...

Tue May 05, 2015 9:49 am

nubbsy wrote:Number 7 got me! No replays!!!! Jesus Christ...

No replays or goal music :lol:

Tue May 05, 2015 1:17 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I bet you are one of those who were saying "No Blue, No Renew" - something that I actually agreed with.

exactly, i'd have no problem if a person just said, 'I'm bored of watching crap football and can think of better ways to spend my money'. at least they'd be honest instead of trying to kid themselves and other fans with posts like this.

the same people making these sorts of posts will be back as soon as the success returns, and will be willing to pay higher prices than are currently being charged.

i really couldn't care less about attention seeking posts like this. and those people who make them for that matter.

Agree mate why not get a season ticket monthly it's just excuse after excuse cosi you will not be missed :bluebird: :bluebird: