Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

"FOR ME UNINSPIRING/NO FUTURE/WONT HELP SEASON TICKET SALES"

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:56 pm

My View/Opinion

" FOR ME UNINSPIRING/NO FUTURE/WONT HELP SEASON TICKET SALES "

I have No Confidence in Russell Slade for next season.

Cardiff City 3 Blackpool 2
Joe Mason
2 Penalties Doyle

Crowd 26,357 :shock: Where did they get this crowd from? :lol:

Cardiff City : Marshall, Peltier, Fabio, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Gunnarsson, Ralls, Noone, Kennedy, Mason, Doyle.

Subs: Moore, Turner, Gabbidon, Pilkington, O’Keefe, Harris, Maynard.

Cardiff City today were entertaining rock bottom Blackpool who since being relegated have lost their 3 games in a row and conceded 8 goals,Blackpool have one of the worst records in all 4 divisions and had not won away this season, were Cardiff finally going to win in front of their loyal fans?

For me today was like watching us play a 3rd division team, I honestly felt there was nothing about us that could make me think,Slade is the man for next season.

Doyle made all the running to give Mason the chance to make it 1 nil and Mason put it away well :thumbright: after a slow start by Cardiff City.

In the 22nd minute Ralls went off for Stuart Okeefe.

27th minute Fabio hit the crossbar.

Gunnars 2 minutes later was brought down and Doyle took his penalty well to make it 2 nil :thumbright: :thumbright:

To be fair City dominated the first half :thumbright: but without making that many chances.

Half-time 2-0 City :thumbright:

Blackpool brought on ex Jack Orlandi and he scored to make it 2-1 in the 47th min :shock:

The game went very quite for a long period until Marshall was kicked and he ended up tussling with Blackpools number 34. It woke the crowd up :lol:

69th min Noone off Pilkinghton on.

Within minutes Pilkinghton had a shot saved :ayatollah:

City came alive and in the 75th minute Doyle got his 2nd penalty to make it 3-1 City :thumbright: :thumbright:

Joe Mason was taken off for Nicky Maynard in the 84 minute.

As the game came to a close,City went back to sleep and bang Blackpool scored 3-2 :shock:

Then in the 92nd minute Marshall had to make a save,to stop the game becoming an embarrassment of 3-3 :o :shock:

Thankfully we won 3-2 :thumbright: :ayatollah:

My man of the match Eion Doyle was everywhere today and deserved his 2 penalty goals :thumbright:

I am honestly glad the season is virtually over.

Up next Nott's Forest Away next Saturday

Re: "FOR ME UNINSPIRING/NO FUTURE/WONT HELP SEASON TICKET SA

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:02 pm

100% agree. We've been woeful for most of the season. Slade has made things worse but things run deeper than him at Cardiff City and we need to rebuild at many levels. :sladeout: would be a good start, along with Young, Gabbidon and Isaacs. New PR dept would be good too.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:04 pm

stentona wrote:100% agree. We've been woeful for most of the season. Slade has made things worse but things run deeper than him at Cardiff City and we need to rebuild at many levels. :sladeout: would be a good start, along with Young, Gabbidon and Isaacs. New PR dept would be good too.

Correct things do run deeper than Slade at Cardiff City,but Slade/Gabbidon and Young do not help with their dire football etc.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:05 pm

I'd agree Doyle for MOTM, worked hard today and the best I've seen him play.

We struggled to beat Blackpool :shock:

Slade can not stay, he is clueless at this level and has to go this summer.

I left at full time, but apparently Russell Slade didn't walk round the pitch with the players at the end?

I've already decided to renew, but others won't on that showing.

Enjoyed today, but the football was just a small part of that.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:08 pm

They won't be able to massage the attendance figures next season!

The Club obviously thinks it's done nothing wrong! They have dug a big hole and cannot get out of it :digging2:

Lots of free tickets next season, feel sorry for the ones who have renewed their ST when they could have got free ones :lol:

Tan why did you invest in 2 other clubs when you could have sorted us out and had a great club, just makes no sense :old:

Good luck RS you are on borrowed time, summed it all up by putting Gabbidon on the bench when a youngster could have :sladeout:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:09 pm

That Blackpool team would be bottom of league 1......

One scruffy goal in open play.....

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:14 pm

I think we have the squad of decent player s just need a better manager

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:17 pm

Have given slade time, was never an easy task. Mid table secured and wage bill slashed, the football is absolutely dire and he persists with out of form players and talks absolutely nonesense. Sorry Mr Slade the majority can accept defeat, but the football is dire and zero passion, I don't think the players have any respect for him. Wish you the best but time to move on :sladeout:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:19 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:I'd agree Doyle for MOTM, worked hard today and the best I've seen him play.

I left at full time, but apparently Russell Slade didn't walk round the pitch with the players at the end?

Ned, Spot on with everything uve just posted,good to see you again,see you at Forest :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:21 pm

If we were clinical we would of won by 6 but we won so even though not impressed plus it was nice meeting you and carl. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:27 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:They won't be able to massage the attendance figures next season!

The Club obviously thinks it's done nothing wrong! They have dug a big hole and cannot get out of it :digging2:

Lots of free tickets next season, feel sorry for the ones who have renewed their ST when they could have got free ones :lol:

Tan why did you invest in 2 other clubs when you could have sorted us out and had a great club, just makes no sense :old:

Good luck RS you are on borrowed time, summed it all up by putting Gabbidon on the bench when a youngster could have :sladeout:

They certainly wont be able to.

Thats the problem, the club need to be honest with themselves and they have not only let the City fans down,theyve hurt us big time.

Tan for me is not our future.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
worcester_ccfc wrote:I'd agree Doyle for MOTM, worked hard today and the best I've seen him play.

Ned, Spot on with everything uve just posted,good to see you again,see you at Forest :thumbright: :thumbright:

:thumbright:

Good to see you all again and hopefully see you at Forest :thumbright: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:35 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:They won't be able to massage the attendance figures next season!

Thats the problem, the club need to be honest with themselves and they have not only let the City fans down,theyve hurt us big time.

A lot of positive things can still be done in the summer, starting by replacing the manager or moving him upstairs. The transfer activity needs to be positive, not what we spend but who we buy. I think we all agree some steps need to be made to encourage our young fans to attend, kids for a quid for certain games, problem is club have now dug themselves a hole as fans have spent out on ST for kids at ridiculous prices. I have 3 kids and have paid 5,10 and 15 quid on three separate occasions for them to attend in canton!! Work that out!! One thing I will say mind is a lot of fans are behaving like spoilt brats, you can't have it good all the time. That's lufe that's football! You deal with it :sladeout:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:35 pm

llan bluebird wrote:That Blackpool team would be bottom of league 1......

One scruffy goal in open play.....

They would and thats what worries me.

And today we had to have 2 penalties to beat them :shock: :shock:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:42 pm

wez1927 wrote:I think we have the squad of decent player s just need a better manager

I agree Wez,the base is there, now for :sladeout:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:44 pm

That has to be one of the worst games of football i've seen today annis even though we won, kennedy and doyle played well but f**k me this long ball to doyle and mason who are playing vs two 6ft 4inch center halfs just didn't work within the first five minutes let alone 90minutes, yet slade kept that tactic up, if we had played anyone bar blackpool today we would have got beat only the chances we had went in today unlike normally :shock:
Last edited by Bluebird1977 on Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:I think we have the squad of decent player s just need a better manager

could do with a creative midfielder and a pacey powerful striker Doyle and mason not the answer

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:45 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

The only way to start any small improvement is to get rid of RS now and his back room staff and to replace him with a Manager who is good at this level and who could perform in the PL.

The club may possibly see some renew for next season, even if I think it's too late :sladeout:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:47 pm

Stringfellow wrote:Have given slade time, was never an easy task. Mid table secured and wage bill slashed, the football is absolutely dire and he persists with out of form players and talks absolutely nonesense. Sorry Mr Slade the majority can accept defeat, but the football is dire and zero passion, I don't think the players have any respect for him. Wish you the best but time to move on :sladeout:

Stringfellow, your post just shows how dire his football really is :cry: because you are the most positive fan on here.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 5:53 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:If we were clinical we would of won by 6 but we won so even though not impressed plus it was nice meeting you and carl. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Rydog, Good to meet you today and you spk your mind :thumbright: :thumbright:

Yes Blackpool were there to be hammered today, we just need a manager :thumbright:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:01 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Rydogsccfc wrote:If we were clinical we would of won by 6 but we won so even though not impressed plus it was nice meeting you and carl. :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluebird:

Rydog, Good to meet you today and you spk your mind :thumbright: :thumbright:

Yes Blackpool were there to be hammered today, we just need a manager :thumbright:

Cheers Annis there was a lot of interesting stuff being spoke especially with Slade could be going after the Forest game and Tan singing players etc and by the way Dai was the highlight of my afternoon. :lol: :thumbright: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:01 pm

If Slade was to go , would Warburton be a viable replacement after his efforts at Brentford ?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:17 pm

worcester_ccfc wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

:thumbright:

Good to see you all again and hopefully see you at Forest :thumbright: :bluebird:

And you Ned :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 6:19 pm

Bluebird1977 wrote:That has to be one of the worst games of football i've seen today annis even though we won, kennedy and doyle played well but f**k me this long ball to doyle and mason who are playing vs two 6ft 4inch center halfs just didn't work within the first five minutes let alone 90minutes, yet slade kept that tactic up, if we had played anyone bar blackpool today we would have got beat only the chances we had went in today unlike normally :shock:

Ian, Ive seen worse,but your right in one way,we were prob playing a team with the 92 worst record in football,so we should of created more chances and in my opinion hammered them.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:06 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

could do with a creative midfielder and a pacey powerful striker Doyle and mason not the answer

Def need a good creative midfielder and a pacey striker. Doyle NO, Mason ?
Our defence ?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:12 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Our defence ?
with the right manager the defence could be sorted

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:15 pm

wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
wez1927 wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Our defence ?
with the right manager the defence could be sorted

Spot on, the players for the defence are there Wez,just the manager to manage them is needed :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:17 pm

Stringfellow wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

A lot of positive things can still be done in the summer, starting by replacing the manager or moving him upstairs. The transfer activity needs to be positive, not what we spend but who we buy. I think we all agree some steps need to be made to encourage our young fans to attend, kids for a quid for certain games, problem is club have now dug themselves a hole as fans have spent out on ST for kids at ridiculous prices. I have 3 kids and have paid 5,10 and 15 quid on three separate occasions for them to attend in canton!! Work that out!! One thing I will say mind is a lot of fans are behaving like spoilt brats, you can't have it good all the time. That's lufe that's football! You deal with it :sladeout:

I do agree our fans have had nothing but good times and I would like to see 10,000 Renew during the Summer.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:34 pm

billy ronson wrote:If Slade was to go , would Warburton be a viable replacement after his efforts at Brentford ?

Yes I would def give him a chance :thumbright:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:Have given slade time, was never an easy task. Mid table secured and wage bill slashed, the football is absolutely dire and he persists with out of form players and talks absolutely nonesense. Sorry Mr Slade the majority can accept defeat, but the football is dire and zero passion, I don't think the players have any respect for him. Wish you the best but time to move on :sladeout:

Stringfellow, your post just shows how dire his football really is :cry: because you are the most positive fan on here.

Your right, I am one of the more positive posters and you can forgive some dire games but this guy is producing the most boring football I have ever seen at the city. Worse standard than the dungeon days?? Of course not, but you had drama and goals and chances! If Slade is losing the more positive of fans then it's only a matter of time, from the start I said lets judge further down the line. My view then changed to get to the end of season and part company. Am not one for negativity in the ground at players or Manager which is why the decent thing should be done as soon as forest game is over. He has to go :sladeout: