Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: "UPDATED" ' NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH TODAY? ? ? '

Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Forever Blue wrote:"UPDATED" ' NO FREEDOM OF SPEECH TODAY? ? ? '

:shock: " UPDATED " :o

UP TO 20 ODD BLACKPOOL FANS WERE THROWN OUT/EJECTED BY CARDIFF STEWARDS FOR PROTESTING WITH BANNERS ETC AGAINST THEIR OWNER.

Some under the stand were ejected for having scarfs with Oyston out on.
Apparently they were told our club would not like this and orders were given to our stewards to eject them.

They said they would like the Cardiff fans for their Support :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf: :bluebird:

:ayatollah: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=157616 :ayatollah:

Applalling!thats my season ticket they're losing!
As everyone knows Blackpool football club and their fans are in a crisis far worse than us.

I spoke to Blackpool fans before the game and they intended once again as they always do, to protest against their owner.

The loyal 100 odd Blackpool fans came to Cardiff today and had 3 banners,none with any racism on or swearing etc.

They were continually told to put the banners down by Cardiff stewards and eventually at least 3 Blackpool fans were thrown out and videod by the the Police. :o :shock: :o :shock:

I asked the Blackpool fans does that happen at the other away grounds you go to they said NO,but they did say they were pleased with the Cardiff fans continual support of their protest :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Where has our Freedom of speech gone? ? ?

Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:53 pm

Spoke with my Blackpool mate Kurtis after game. He said stewards were being bullies. He said to them would you do this tom2,000 Leeds fans? Steward wouldn't answer him.

I spoke with 1 of stewards in 116 today who told me that he was happy for fans to stand up but he had orders from above to make us sit down. The orders came from Wayne Nash. Shame Nash has forgotten his roots and shame club let him keep his job after the Stoke riot.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:16 pm

shop workers have a badge, HOW CAN I HELP YOU, we have a badge , HOW CAN WE PISS YOU OFF TODAY, and the club wonder why we are closing stands down at the ground :cry:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:34 pm

The two posts above are bang on the button.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:40 pm

I've no doubt it was an instruction off our infamous groundskeeper turned head of ops. A disgrace.

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:51 pm

it must be the club are only looking at this as a buisness, not a all round day out for the {customers} fans :cry:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:55 pm

Hypocrites. My little boy queued up by the tunnel after the game and heard one of the stewards shouting to someone "tell them to get that f*cking banner down" (amongst other things) while another was shouting at all the kids there. Out of order

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:09 am

I would like to know the club stance on fan's right of peaceful protest.

I want it in writing that fans will not be harassed for voicing their thoughts. What kind of club are they trying to build ffs.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:32 am

Our stewards are and always have been a disgrace and embaresment I'm afraid :oops:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:35 am

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Spoke with my Blackpool mate Kurtis after game. He said stewards were being bullies. He said to them would you do this tom2,000 Leeds fans? Steward wouldn't answer him.

I spoke with 1 of stewards in 116 today who told me that he was happy for fans to stand up but he had orders from above to make us sit down. The orders came from Wayne Nash. Shame Nash has forgotten his roots and shame club let him keep his job after the Stoke riot.

Gareth,

If Blackpool had had 2,000 fans there or Leeds etc then they would of prob not even gone near them.
Its the same in our end,the big games we are left alone and the Stewards are told to stay away,then when its down to the hardcore loyal fans,our fans are picked on.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:22 am

Appalling today and one of the main reasons imho why fans are turning their back on the Club is the over zealous stewarding. Have our club heard of freedom of speech? There was nothing offensive in any of those banners and fans should be allowed to protest peacefully especially when you have a pr*ck like Oyston in charge of your Club.

What is going to happen next season if Slade is still in charge we get off to a disastrous start and the Slade out banners start appearing if the Steward's step in I can only see trouble ahead. Our Club needs to take a good long hard look at itself many died for the right of freedom of speech and yesterday our Club with Nazi like tactics denied it! :o :twisted:

Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:52 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:Spoke with my Blackpool mate Kurtis after game. He said stewards were being bullies. He said to them would you do this tom2,000 Leeds fans? Steward wouldn't answer him.

Gareth,

If Blackpool had had 2,000 fans there or Leeds etc then they would of prob not even gone near them.
Its the same in our end,the big games we are left alone and the Stewards are told to stay away,then when its down to the hardcore loyal fans,our fans are picked on.

It's a joke. Wayne Nash has forgotten his roots. From humble groundsman and fan to convicted hooligan to killjoy.

Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:04 pm

What a bunch or pricks highly embarrassing for CCFC. Sums everything up at the moment.

Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:24 am

I have said this before and I will say it again banners are NOT freedom of speech, they are in law classified as freedom of expression, this is covered by european law and under that law the right to freedom of expression is qualified by such restrictions as are necessary "for the protection of the reputation and rights of others." That means that the law does not guarantee the right to publish defamatory statements that injure others' reputations. :thumbup:

Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:41 am

Cardiffcitymad wrote:I have said this before and I will say it again banners are NOT freedom of speech, they are in law classified as freedom of expression, this is covered by european law and under that law the right to freedom of expression is qualified by such restrictions as are necessary "for the protection of the reputation and rights of others." That means that the law does not guarantee the right to publish defamatory statements that injure others' reputations. :thumbup:

that maybe true, but if censorship is to become prevalent, where does it all end?

replacing City fans with compliant robots must be the only long term strategy implemented by the club :thumbright: :laughing6:

I predict the first football robotic 'fans' made in China, will be tested here at the CCS, if they meet requirements such as a 200 straight repetitive chant of 'Vincent Tan's barmy army,' on a cold, rainy winter's evening without short circuiting issues. This is the future.