Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' SWANSEA CITY LOOKING TO BUILD IN CARDIFF '

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:40 pm

Same as the rhondda up here. My best mates son plays for swansea under 9's academy :sad7:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pencoed wrote:Shocking their parents should be ashamed

:lol:

Thats what I said tonight,not the kids faults,its the parents :thumbright:

We'll be having a glut of babies named 'Jack' in Cardiff at this rate! :( :o :shock:

What is the world coming to???? :lol:

Will Dixon had the right idea in The highwayman (Rhoose) when he used to replace the labels on his Jack Daniels bottles to say "Ray Daniels...No Jacks served in this pub!" :laughing6: :laughing6:

Not seen him for a long while. I'm sure he was a Club Director for a time? Anyone know where/how he is these days? :thumbup:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:14 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:Four of my sons team mates all from Ely and Llanrumney travel each week to Swansea academy, they were all at my sons game on Saturday in Cardiff wearing there Swansea tracksuits. Swansea are holding more trials throughout the summer in Cardiff as are Newport County, Bristol City and Rovers. Cardiff to will be doing the same. All the boys want is to be picked up by a league club, whoever that is. The only advantage Swansea have is the lure of representing a Premier League club when they play for them against other PL sides. They are just kids who want to progress up the football learning ladder :bluebird:

Disagree with the highlighted part: it's pushy parents who see their son as some kind of a pension plan for their later retirement!

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:19 am

Newport County is an attractive academy for youngster in S.Wales, can break into the first team a lot sooner than the average City graduate. Regan Poole at 16 years old is competing against tough, physical L2 strikers.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:26 am

Sven wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pencoed wrote:Shocking their parents should be ashamed

Thats what I said tonight,not the kids faults,its the parents :thumbright:

We'll be having a glut of babies named 'Jack' in Cardiff at this rate! :( :o :shock:

What is the world coming to???? :lol:

Will Dixon had the right idea in The highwayman (Rhoose) when he used to replace the labels on his Jack Daniels bottles to say "Ray Daniels...No Jacks served in this pub!" :laughing6: :laughing6:

Not seen him for a long while. I'm sure he was a Club Director for a time? Anyone know where/how he is these days? :thumbup:

Chris, I knew Will Dixon well, yes he was a City Director years ago :thumbright:

Ive not seen him for about 10 years?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:09 am

Will Dixon is doing fine, lives down on Pencoed now :bluebird:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:27 am

maccydee wrote:
Pencoed wrote:Over the last ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Yeah the Jacks haven't produced the quality like Bale we have. If only we had a sell on clause. Share of 80 million would have been nice.

Can't have a sell on clause when Bale never played for us :?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:44 pm

maccydee wrote:
Pencoed wrote:Over the last ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Yeah the Jacks haven't produced the quality like Bale we have. If only we had a sell on clause. Share of 80 million would have been nice.

Are you for real ? Bale has no association with Cardiff City FC at all , Apart from being born in cardiff . He never played for your club in any capacity.
To say you produced him is bordering on the lunatic asylum .IT was Southampton that produced him .
Read some delusional things but saying CCFC produced Bale is up there with the best of them . No wonder you are a world wide joke .

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:16 pm

dantheswansman wrote:
maccydee wrote:

Are you for real ? Bale has no association with Cardiff City FC at all , Apart from being born in cardiff . He never played for your club in any capacity.
To say you produced him is bordering on the lunatic asylum .IT was Southampton that produced him .
Read some delusional things but saying CCFC produced Bale is up there with the best of them . No wonder you are a world wide joke .

Quote (danthedaftswanfan): "Bale has no association with Cardiff City FC at all; apart from being born in Cardiff" (Grammar adjusted appropriately) ;)

Seems he is associated by default, then fella; in a similar way to which you 'claim' John Harrison and other minor players who also never played for your club! :lol:

Gareth Bale is proud to be seen as a Cardiff/Whitchurch boy and has the intelligence to appreciate it!

:digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2: :digging2:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:19 pm

Blueboys1927 wrote:Will Dixon is doing fine, lives down on Pencoed now :bluebird:

Thanks, mate. I used to eat at Will's restaurants way back in the days of the 'Cafe Petite' in Pencoed and and The Greendown down The Drope. Always had warm welcome from him and his (then) wife, Sharon and the team and the food was great too! :)

Good to know he is well and still in the area :thumbup:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Sven wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Pencoed wrote:OvSouthampton? ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Quote (danthedaftswanfan): "Bale has no association with Cardiff City FC at all; apart from being born in Cardiff" (Grammar adjusted appropriately) ;)

Seems he is associated by default, then fella; in a similar way to which you 'claim' John Harrison and other minor players who also never played for your club! :lol:

Gareth Bale is proud to be seen as a Cardiff/Whitchurch boy and has the intelligence to appreciate it!

Mmmm didn't city decline to take him on when at school that's why went to Southampton

Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:55 pm

maccydee wrote:

:laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5: :laughing5:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:11 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:
maccydee wrote:
Pencoed wrote:OvSouthampton? ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Mmmm didn't city decline to take him on when at school that's why went to Southampton

doubt that is the story, Southampton is THE best academy in the UK in my opinion, no brainer if your kid gets a chance to develop there.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:01 pm

Monkey86 wrote:Same as the rhondda up here. My best mates son plays for swansea under 9's academy :sad7:

i posted 5 months ago swansea are investing big money for cat one status im season ticket holder for cardiff have been for years but have to say the jacks are hunting high and low for talent 15 development centers building a new dome with 2 indoor pitches classrooms and parents rooms etc beat southampton last sunday under 9s playing qpr liverpool reading chelsea and herta berlin tomorrow off to poland next weds and you wonder why the kids want to go there oh yes and that kid in the quote is my grandson i support the kid not the club

Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:28 pm

If the jacks wanted to sign one of my boys I would tell them where to go.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:39 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:If the jacks wanted to sign one of my boys I would tell them where to go.

If your son was offered terms to sign for Swansea City, which could, I know it's unlikely, but could maybe be the start of him possibly becoming a future professional footballer for them, you'd say that !!!! You're an absolute clown if that's true.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:Annis rang me from where he is watching his daughter Zanny football training and he just told me that there are kids there wearing Swansea tops.

He was also chatting to Zanny's coach and he said that the coach told him Swansea's development centre are looking into building their own changing rooms and facilities in Cardiff.

It just goes to show how important it is for our club that we somehow get back to competing with the Jacks as soon as we possibly can before the younger generation of possible future City stars and fans are lost to Swansea.

It is all about success and unfortunately for us (as fans and a club), whether we like it or not Swansea City are making inroads into Cardiff City and whilst they are in the Premier League we are going to lose out in more ways than one.

Fek the minnows, just a small club and always will be a football irrelevance :bluebird: :sladeout:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:03 pm

ThomasC wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Sven wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:
maccydee wrote:

doubt that is the story, Southampton is THE best academy in the UK in my opinion, no brainer if your kid gets a chance to develop there.

We are taking 15yrs ago so don't think academy as such existed , the story is out there as to why he went to Southampton?

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:10 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:
Gareth (Wilts) wrote:If the jacks wanted to sign one of my boys I would tell them where to go.

If your son was offered terms to sign for Swansea City, which could, I know it's unlikely, but could maybe be the start of him possibly becoming a future professional footballer for them, you'd say that !!!! You're an absolute clown if that's true.

My sons hate the jacks too. I know if I had the talent when I was younger I'd never play for that lot.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:47 pm

I anyone's son has talent it is obvious they would go to where they were being scouted irrespective of club. For any adult to block that would be quite frankly stupid.The child comes first.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:53 pm

Jimmy Scoular wrote:I anyone's son has talent it is obvious they would go to where they were being scouted irrespective of club. For any adult to block that would be quite frankly stupid.The child comes first.

Disagree. If I had the talent to play football I'd die for ccfc. If I played for the jacks I would not be anywhere near as committed. Also if you have 1 club after you then other teams are bound to be interested. I'd rather my boy played for the wurzels or Leeds than the vermin.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Gareth (Wilts) wrote:
Jimmy Scoular wrote:I anyone's son has talent it is obvious they would go to where they were being scouted irrespective of club. For any adult to block that would be quite frankly stupid.The child comes first.

Disagree. If I had the talent to play football I'd die for ccfc. If I played for the jacks I would not be anywhere near as committed. Also if you have 1 club after you then other teams are bound to be interested. I'd rather my boy played for the wurzels or Leeds than the vermin.

Sorry Ga, but if your boy played for us and scored the winner against you in a derby then your head would hit the roof as you jumped up! Same as me, i would be the proudest man in the ground. Kids are more important than pathetic football rivalries. And let's face it, it is pathetic..............even though we just can't help it! :laughing6:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:01 pm

My son played for the under 9's today against Newport County, they won all three games. It's all cardiff boys, the vast majority of whom will never play professional football in any sense, but let them enjoy it and get some decent coaching. The sad fact of the matter is that Cardiff dont offer this opportunity to Cardiff youngsters. Circus skills more likely to be on offer courtesey of CCFC.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Sven wrote:
dantheswansman wrote:
maccydee wrote:

What the f**k are you talking about Sven? We don't 'claim' John Hartson and never have! He is a jack through and through and hates you lot! But that's one thing, it's quite another having one of your regular posters on here claiming you should have had a sell on clause for Gareth Bale! Surely even you aren't that stupid! :laughing6:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:44 pm

I was joking. Of course I know Bale never played for us. However it was based on a post someone made once about that. Now Rambo and no sell on clause. That was a mistake.

Fri Apr 24, 2015 10:46 pm

We were looking to build in Bristol when promoted, nothing new lads :ayatollah:

Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:31 pm

We have a better record than Swansea at giving local Welsh players the opportunity in the first team over the years, they have only really given Joe Allen & more recently Ben Davies games, maybe it will change in the future.

A link for Swansea academy, most are from the Swansea area anyway.

http://www.swansacademy.co.uk/profiles

Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:02 am

This was always going to happen when the jaxx made it to the PL and survived. They have huge resources compared to years ago. The sad part is that Tan has more than enough money to buy that club and invest in it. Tan is now reluctant to spend his money in Cardiff because his feelings have been hurt by the return to BLUE.

As for allowing your son to play for a rival club, if it benefits his future and gives him access to good coaching, why not? After all, players have represented both clubs in the past. Dean Saunders, Toshack, Caulker, etc. would you stop your son going to a city university if it was a rival? Hopefully not. To me, it's the same thing.

The sad thing is to see kids wearing rivals' kit. However, as fickle as the vanishing fans have been since relegation, I suppose it is the same thing. Not everyone is as committed to CCFC as some. :bluescarf: :bluebird:

Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:30 pm

ronnieconradsflatcap wrote:We have a better record than Swansea at giving local Welsh players the opportunity in the first team over the years, they have only really given Joe Allen & more recently Ben Davies games, maybe it will change in the future.

A link for Swansea academy, most are from the Swansea area anyway.

http://www.swansacademy.co.uk/profiles

Any examples to show how true your statement is ?