Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' SWANSEA CITY LOOKING TO BUILD IN CARDIFF '

Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:54 pm

Annis rang me from where he is watching his daughter Zanny football training and he just told me that there are kids there wearing Swansea tops.

He was also chatting to Zanny's coach and he said that the coach told him Swansea's development centre are looking into building their own changing rooms and facilities in Cardiff.

It just goes to show how important it is for our club that we somehow get back to competing with the Jacks as soon as we possibly can before the younger generation of possible future City stars and fans are lost to Swansea.

It is all about success and unfortunately for us (as fans and a club), whether we like it or not Swansea City are making inroads into Cardiff City and whilst they are in the Premier League we are going to lose out in more ways than one.

Re: ' SWANSEA CITY LOOKING TO BUILD IN CARDIFF '

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:08 pm

carlccfc wrote:Annis rang me from where he is watching his daughter Zanny football training and he just told me that there are kids there wearing Swansea tops.

He was also chatting to Zanny's coach and he said that the coach told him Swansea's development centre are looking into building their own changing rooms and facilities in Cardiff.

It just goes to show how important it is for our club that we somehow get back to competing with the Jacks as soon as we possibly can before the younger generation of possible future City stars and fans are lost to Swansea.

It is all about success and unfortunately for us (as fans and a club), whether we like it or not Swansea City are making inroads into Cardiff City and whilst they are in the Premier League we are going to lose out in more ways than one.
didn't this topic come up last year on here ?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:Annis rang me from where he is watching his daughter Zanny football training and he just told me that there are kids there wearing Swansea tops.

Not good Wez and Cardiff need to act ASAP.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:03 pm

Shocking their parents should be ashamed

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:04 pm

Pencoed wrote:Shocking their parents should be ashamed

:lol:

Thats what I said tonight,not the kids faults,its the parents :thumbright:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:14 pm

Over the last ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:22 pm

wez1927 wrote:

Yes as been several times! Its nothng new there are other clubs im sure who monitor this area, but its easy for swans to do what they can as only up the road, Bristol are very active as we know as well . Good luck to them its a free world but if man u came calling swans got no chance so let them come in. :thumbup:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:24 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes as been several times! Its nothng new there are other clubs im sure who monitor this area, but its easy for swans to do what they can as only up the road, Bristol are very active as we know as well . Good luck to them its a free world but if man u came calling swans got no chance so let them come in. :thumbup:

Wez,Allan, it is new to me, as tonight I saw it for myself :cry:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:28 pm

Pencoed wrote:Over the last ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Yeah the Jacks haven't produced the quality like Bale we have. If only we had a sell on clause. Share of 80 million would have been nice.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:29 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Actually annis last time mentioned on here was about 6mnths ago maybe. Like said can expect this as the catchment area for Cardiff is far greater thans Swansea's. Also if kid that good be sure other sides will be aware of them. :thumbup:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:31 pm

pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Actually annis last time mentioned on here was about 6mnths ago maybe. Like said can expect this as the catchment area for Cardiff is far greater thans Swansea's. Also if kid that good be sure other sides will be aware of them. :thumbup:

Allan,
Yes it was about 4-6 months ago,when the Jacks recruited Cardiff kids,but tonight to see in Cardiff areas,kids wearing Swansea tops,I never ever thought I would see that day :shock: :shock:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:32 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
pembroke allan wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

Yes it was about 4-6 months ago,when the Jacks recruited Cardiff kids,but tonight to see in Cardiff areas,kids wearing Swansea tops,I never ever thought I would see that day :shock: :shock:

It should be the other way around.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 pm

maccydee wrote:
Pencoed wrote:Over the last ten years think we ve produced more players that have made it in the football league. Anyone know if thats right?

Yeah the Jacks haven't produced the quality like Bale we have. If only we had a sell on clause. Share of 80 million would have been nice.

We didn't produce Bale, Southampton did

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:36 pm

wez1927 wrote:

True or not Wez?

A few months ago it was posted on here that Swansea were setting up trials and training taking place at the Heath, the difference with what is written above is that the Jacks are apparently looking to build a training facility and not just use pitches in Cardiff.

Its reality sadly. They are certainly growing the fan base here in Aberdare. Yuk.....

CalShepCCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

:digging2:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:40 pm

carlccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

True or not Wez?

A few months ago it was posted on here that Swansea were setting up trials and training taking place at the Heath, the difference with what is written above is that the Jacks are apparently looking to build a training facility and not just use pitches in Cardiff.

Yes already thought they had ,we have academies in the west country ,this was always going to happen

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:41 pm

Tell them to f**k off i say. :D

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 pm

wez1927 wrote:
carlccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

True or not Wez?

Yes already thought they had ,we have academies in the west country ,this was always going to happen

no they haven't Wez that is why i made the topic, letting City fans know what is being planned in the City of Cardiff.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:52 pm

carlccfc wrote:
wez1927 wrote:

True or not Wez?

Well they are premier club carl and it would look poor if kids had to change in cars ect , as i posted are catchment area is far greater than their's thats why they need to come here as not enough talent in Swansea area maybe? :o

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:26 pm

Xcasual wrote:
CalShepCCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

:digging2:

I was wondering how far down the thread :laughing6: :sladeout:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:26 pm

CalShepCCFC wrote:
maccydee wrote:

:thumbup:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:19 pm

It was the same talk that we were all over the west country in the last 10 years when they had no clubs doing well, have we plucked anyone from there? No, will the jacks? Doubtful....let them waste their time.... :bluebird:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:36 pm

goats wrote:It was the same talk that we were all over the west country in the last 10 years when they had no clubs doing well, have we plucked anyone from there? No, will the jacks? Doubtful....let them waste their time.... :bluebird:

The answer is to have a better academy than the Jacks, we need a clear programme for academy graduates to integrate into the first team squad.

Did Bale make a mistake joining Southampton Academy? Absolutely not, they do all the above criteria

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:38 pm

What is really worrying is they have a budget to spend on evert age group which we have never had

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:41 pm

birchblue wrote:What is really worrying is they have a budget to spend on evert age group which we have never had

I agree, it is worrying, they are flush with TV money after consolidating there status as PL club

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:50 pm

ThomasC wrote:
birchblue wrote:What is really worrying is they have a budget to spend on evert age group which we have never had

I agree, it is worrying, they are flush with TV money after consolidating there status as PL club

It's a big worry as they could by one of our up and coming players money talks.

Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:55 pm

Have noticed they have a lot more scouts about these days but still missing out on players as Cardiff are still getting the best tallent

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:13 pm

I think we should keep 'control' of the Cardiff area, and make sure any potential talent in the city comes through our system! Partly because as a club it is a good source to find players, but also because the community deserve the opportunity provided by their local club! In my opinion, a club's main priority should be its supporters and their community...if we leave that out, what exactly have we got left? :cry: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 23, 2015 11:24 pm

Four of my sons team mates all from Ely and Llanrumney travel each week to Swansea academy, they were all at my sons game on Saturday in Cardiff wearing there Swansea tracksuits. Swansea are holding more trials throughout the summer in Cardiff as are Newport County, Bristol City and Rovers. Cardiff to will be doing the same. All the boys want is to be picked up by a league club, whoever that is. The only advantage Swansea have is the lure of representing a Premier League club when they play for them against other PL sides. They are just kids who want to progress up the football learning ladder :bluebird: