Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: ' Cardiff City Close more parts of the ground '

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:21 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
mallo wrote:we have been saying it for a while now !!!! :bluescarf:

canton stand swapped for family stand - ninian stand 8 rows away from away fans create banter and atmosphere at home games with away supporters - get a small fraction of ninian park feeling back and generate an atmosphere - crowds will flock back players will be lifted with noise levels -

nothing to do with trouble - just creating atmosphere like 90 per cent of other clubs - and lose the Hitler tactics of stewards - have a better feeling set around the ground with stewards and fans keeping to all the rules set by the club without heavy hand dealings

listen to the fans - not just when things not going there way then pretending everything is fine when it clearly is not !

no fans --- no club --

SPOT ON Mallo :thumbright: :thumbright:

They have no interest in the fans there views there concerns. And that is a big reason why the fans ain't renewing. Why are they so stubborn. What sort of Club are they trying to build ? But I know something they ain't building one they are killing it.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:48 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
troobloo3339 wrote:all this poor football exscuses are bollocks
you either support your team or you don't end of :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

WAKE UP

There are numerous reasons why people have not or are not going to renew.

Poor football just adds to it. :bluescarf:

You're telling somebody who is going to support his club next season to wake up?!

Those who need to wake up are all the ones making excuses not to go. If everybody walked away there wouldn't be CCFC anymore, yet so many seem content to let a hardcore keep the club alive whilst they sit back and decide when they will grace the stadium with their presence again.

I pointed out there are numerous reasons why people have not renewed! Was that hard to read?

As for people to wake up to their excuses! Well maybe they have, looks like they are in the majority too, with just the LITTLE hardcore left. Maybe it was these little hardcore who were calling for protests, marches etc

Ah well you will just have to fork some more of your money out to prop the club up till the majority decide to be treated better by the club :ayatollah:

Funny how numerous reasons appear when we aren't doing that well yet tend to be forgotten when we are competing at the top of the championship or briefly in the PL.

Proud to be part of the "little hardcore" :thumbup:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
you either support your team or you don't end of :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

WAKE UP

You're telling somebody who is going to support his club next season to wake up?!

Those who need to wake up are all the ones making excuses not to go. If everybody walked away there wouldn't be CCFC anymore, yet so many seem content to let a hardcore keep the club alive whilst they sit back and decide when they will grace the stadium with their presence again.

I pointed out there are numerous reasons why people have not renewed! Was that hard to read?

As for people to wake up to their excuses! Well maybe they have, looks like they are in the majority too, with just the LITTLE hardcore left. Maybe it was these little hardcore who were calling for protests, marches etc

Ah well you will just have to fork some more of your money out to prop the club up till the majority decide to be treated better by the club :ayatollah:

You're not renewing? Oh what a surprise :laughing5:

Don't come back, we don't need you :wave:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:24 am

Forever Blue wrote:
darran1927 wrote:I think they need to review pricing for walkup next year say £20 for Ninian/Canton and £25 in Grandstand, crowds are going to be really bad next year unless we have a very good start (but I still think with Slade in charge most fans wont come)

Darren,
Prices def have to come down :thumbright:

:thumbup:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:33 am

JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

Ha ha bit of a joker, looks like I will be in a very large majority :ayatollah:

Never mind you can huddle together on the cold nights at least I can find you now for your MEDAL :lol:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:14 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

Never mind you can huddle together on the cold nights at least I can find you now for your MEDAL :lol:

It's one thing turning your back on your Club, it's another when you take great relish in doing it. Speaks volumes.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:18 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

It's one thing turning your back on your Club, it's another when you take great relish in doing it. Speaks volumes.

The club has changed and turned it's back on its supporters.

Hence the poor ST take up.

Still nice to know there are still lemmings alive and kicking :lol:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:25 am

I think we should close at least 20,000 seats down for next season, it will still leave us 14,000 seats to fill, I'm hopeful we will sell about 6000 season tickets then maybe a 2000 or 3000 walk up will give us an 8000 or 9000 average next year, and we will still have 5000 extra seats when we have big away followings from teams like Leeds and Bristol City. I thing we will have reasonable league one gates next season at the CCS, it matches the real size of our club :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:52 am

JonCCFC wrote:
blue lagoon wrote:1 adult and u16 for 250 is plenty. Loyalty works both ways. Took my support for granted . Drop your prices !!!!!!!

Fans have no right to complain about prices, the club have dropped them by £60-80 for next season :thumbup:

what about 550 we paid this season

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:43 am

Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

Agree with you. Many reasons for not renewing.
One thing I hate at the stadium is the atmosphere.
Perhaps a lot of fans would rather watch live football on sky with the £20 ticket money they would have spent going on beer....
I will go down as many games as possible next season but wont be renewing as I get complimentary tickets next season, however I would have renewed at any cost.
I love Canton for the pre match beers, unfortunately the football sometimes spoils my Saturday...lol.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:00 am

"This is the result of greed!!!"

Or should I say;" Is this the result of Greed?"

Billionaires playground was sampled by many, the costs of our visit are coming to fruition.
But are the Fans shying away from Tan the Tampering Man? Or was the bigger part of our fanbase on board for the success?
History Tells us Thousands walked away in the past, now History repeats itself.

The cult core few Thousand will always be there, and the Away support will always have those faces it has seen over the past 25+ years.

Should we just accept that our support is not what we hoped?

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:17 am

AJ1927 wrote:"This is the result of greed!!!"

Or should I say;" Is this the result of Greed?"

Billionaires playground was sampled by many, the costs of our visit are coming to fruition.
But are the Fans shying away from Tan the Tampering Man? Or was the bigger part of our fanbase on board for the success?
History Tells us Thousands walked away in the past, now History repeats itself.

The cult core few Thousand will always be there, and the Away support will always have those faces it has seen over the past 25+ years.

Should we just accept that our support is not what we hoped?

If we were in the Premier League and stayed there, the hardcore element of the fan base are not needed. History shows we were close to sell outs every home game last season. That was the aim of the club, to replace fans who are vocal about how the club is run, and replace them with quiet Sky TV subscription holders who wanted to taste the real thing at their local club.

That was the aim of the club, pity for this strategy was that they were relegated.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:53 am

Not sure why people are surprised with season ticket sales. There are plenty on this forum who were fans before we started reaching cup finals and reaching the play offs. We have been here before. In the past when this club was an average 2nd tier side, a normal gate would be 12 to 15,000, depending who the opposition was. When we were in the 3rd tier, we usually got anywhere between 8 and 12,000. We often had gates of under 5,000 in the bottom division. We are not on a par with the bigger clubs that some have already mentioned, and next season we will do well to average 14,000 unless Slade can turn the club into serious promotion contenders. This club is no different to any other, most fans want to watch a winning side. You get to know the number of true supporters when a club is struggling in the bottom two divisions, and I think you will find that we have around 5 or 6,000 maybe, who will turn up even in the worse of times.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:17 am

Forever Blue wrote:' Cardiff City Close more parts of the ground,for next season '

Cardiff City have now closed part of the Family section near the away end for next season as well as part of the Ninian Stand next to the away fans.
And of course the new 5,000 upper Ninian Stand will be closed.

Still very very slow the season ticket sales.

Got mine. :ayatollah: :old:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:21 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

Funny how numerous reasons appear when we aren't doing that well yet tend to be forgotten when we are competing at the top of the championship or briefly in the PL.

Proud to be part of the "little hardcore" :thumbup:

Let's have Hardcore badges made for us real supporters.And an agreement not to get tickets for the glory boys if we get a big club in the cup.Because they will come begging tickets if that happens.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:39 am

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
mallo wrote:we have been saying it for a while now !!!! :bluescarf:

canton stand swapped for family stand - ninian stand 8 rows away from away fans create banter and atmosphere at home games with away supporters - get a small fraction of ninian park feeling back and generate an atmosphere - crowds will flock back players will be lifted with noise levels -

nothing to do with trouble - just creating atmosphere like 90 per cent of other clubs - and lose the Hitler tactics of stewards - have a better feeling set around the ground with stewards and fans keeping to all the rules set by the club without heavy hand dealings

listen to the fans - not just when things not going there way then pretending everything is fine when it clearly is not !

no fans --- no club --

SPOT ON Mallo :thumbright: :thumbright:

They have no interest in the fans there views there concerns. And that is a big reason why the fans ain't renewing. Why are they so stubborn. What sort of Club are they trying to build ? But I know something they ain't building one they are killing it.

Nukes, Sadly a lot of truth in that.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:46 am

Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

Dont worry.He's a Jack.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:01 pm

It would be a nice gesture from the club to recognise those, who again, have renewed their season tickets.

If they were to reduce match day prices even cheaper than a ST, I would not be impressed.

What form that gesture should be, I am not sure of, perhaps it would depend on ehat type of season we have? :old:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:35 pm

The last six or seven years we have had Wembley appearances golden ticket offers to swell our season ticket numbers. With the increased sales and therefore less potential walk up sales many fan's have got season tickets to guarantee their seat. I miss between a quarter to a third of games each year due to work and it would be cheaper with the offers we've seen recently to buy my match day ticket as and when I'm not working. There are bound to be many like me. If I get a season ticket or not I still aim to go to as many games as possible when I'm not working

Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:49 pm

Seen so many excuses.

Too expensive, no atmosphere, Slade, fans treated like sh*t.

Tickets could be £600, a stadium full of new plastic fans, Mickey Mouse in charge and Tan change our kit colour to pink with green spots and we'd still sell out season tickets in the PL.

I just don't buy it. It's the worst side we've had in years and people don't want to come down with almost no hope of success next year. End of story.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:10 pm

blue lagoon wrote:1 adult and u16 for 250 is plenty. Loyalty works both ways. Took my support for granted . Drop your prices !!!!!!!

This (IMHO) is complete tosh! :(

Loyalty does indeed work both ways, but that wholly depends on whether that 'loyalty' thing is 50/50 or 70/30 one way or the other

In your case scenario (above) it is certainly loaded more to your side than the club's! :?

Let be honest here, the club (via the much maligned Ridsdale) held ticket prices for the most loyal of supporters for FIVE YEARS (including one in the Premier League!) without any rise at all and that, in anyones opinion, represents excellent value for money!

Also worth considering is that the equally much-maligned Tan made no attempt at changing that policy which, when calculated, meant the rises implemented for the Premier League season itself were at a scale LESS than they would have been had prices risen in line with other clubs and with inflation over the same period!

Just a couple of points, but worth mentioning at a time when too many are in the queue to slam the club and those who run it rather than 'stepping up to the plate' and confirming their own support for the football club itself! ;) :thumbup:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:23 pm

llan bluebird wrote:Success ......Simples.

No foreseeable success in the upcoming season, so season tickets sales are low.

Red kit, poor badge, shocking football, madman in charge were/are acceptable to the 20K floating fans when we were on the up.

There'll be around 8K season tickets next season, with 4K away and walk up until we start doing well again.

Tan will be in for one hell of a shock and I wonder how (if he will) he will stop the cyclone of failure.

The arrogance of the club has been astonishing and they need to get the families and young adults back.

The kids price should be £60 anywhere in the ground with a paying adult. I hate watching football behind the goal.
The unaccompanied kids/young adults price should be £150 for the Canton.....Get the little buggers jumping up and down like palace.

The club need to get the fans back, pricing is very direct, but works...... They will need to give a loyalty payment back to those who have paid already

Loyalty payback?? :)

Hmmm, good idea. Maybe not direct cash, but what about (say) the early rounds of cup matches??

Would boost attendances and show appreciation from the club to those that are 'sticking' with the club! :thumbup: :ayatollah: :notworthy:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:05 pm

JonCCFC wrote:

Fans have no right to complain about prices, the club have dropped them by £60-80 for next season :thumbup:

My seat prices gave gone up despite a lower league level and watching poor football.

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:18 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:You're telling somebody who is going to support his club next season to wake up?!

Lest we forget that Cardiff City is a club where the owner, his board and his senior staff apparently regard the supporters as mere customers. Indeed, it wasn't so very long ago that he was publicly comparing his football club to a cinema.

Would you visit a shop that gives such abysmal service or a cinema that is showing boring films?

Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:28 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:You're telling somebody who is going to support his club next season to wake up?!

Lest we forget that Cardiff City is a club where the owner, his board and his senior staff apparently regard the supporters as mere customers. Indeed, it wasn't so very long ago that he was publicly comparing his football club to a cinema.

Would you visit a shop that gives such abysmal service or a cinema that is showing boring films?

I think the club said we are all replaceable, not outside the PL we're not :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 4:30 pm

Skewett wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

My seat prices gave gone up despite a lower league level and watching poor football.

Yes, but in comparison to what?? Prices of 5 years ago?? ;) :thumbup:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:43 pm

Breaking news: Directors Box closed next season :o Tan said won't be turning up until the fans start idolising him like before :thumbright: :thumbright:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:07 pm

Sven wrote:
Skewett wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:

Yes, but in comparison to what?? Prices of 5 years ago?? ;) :thumbup:

has to be because thats last time it went up! :thumbup:

Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:12 pm

Pant_yr_awel bluebird wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

Dont worry.He's a Jack.

Explains everything :roll:

Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:05 am

Despite City / Mr Tan earning £50 million from TV plus so many full capacity attendances, isn't it strange that the clubs debt has increased from £118million in 2014 to £174 million in 2015.... Of those figures the debt fo Mr Tan is up from £66 million to £124 million for the same period...
Any ideas where all that dosh went?
Shocking perhaps to note that following the sacking of Malky, virtually the next day Mr Tan bought his Belgrade football franchise.
When many thought Ole should have been fired at the end of last season, Mr Tan was sacking his Belgrade manager...
If he'd sacked Ole at the same time as his Belgrade manager it would have embellished the impression Mr Tan is a hard guy to please/work for...
If Malky couldn't please Mr Tan, even with a Cup Final, a promotion, a superbly masterminded victory over Champions Man City, it's hard to imagine who can...
Malky's reward for succeeding was to be undermined within weeks of the 2013/14 season beginning. Meanwhile Cardiff City's debt to Mr Tan next year looks likely to be heading towards £200 million...