Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

' Cardiff City Close more parts of the ground '

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:07 pm

' Cardiff City Close more parts of the ground,for next season '

Cardiff City have now closed part of the Family section near the away end for next season as well as part of the Ninian Stand next to the away fans.
And of course the new 5,000 upper Ninian Stand will be closed.

Still very very slow the season ticket sales.

Re: ' Cardiff City Close more parts of the ground '

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:09 pm

I think they need to review pricing for walkup next year say £20 for Ninian/Canton and £25 in Grandstand, crowds are going to be really bad next year unless we have a very good start (but I still think with Slade in charge most fans wont come)

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:10 pm

darran1927 wrote:I think they need to review pricing for walkup next year say £20 for Ninian/Canton and £25 in Grandstand, crowds are going to be really bad next year unless we have a very good start (but I still think with Slade in charge most fans wont come)

Darren,
Prices def have to come down :thumbright:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:18 pm

I'm guessing bigger segregation between the fans would mean cheaper policing costs?

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:21 pm

2blue2handle wrote:I'm guessing bigger segregation between the fans would mean cheaper policing costs?

Luke, we already have at least 12 home games a season police free.

I believe its because they are trying to put us closer together, due awful season ticket sales in all parts of the ground.

Luke,Could help to make more matches Police free though :thumbright:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:27 pm

If they can close parts of the ground they won't have to pay stewarding costs. Tan can't be so stupid that he can't see prices have to come down to get people back in :idea:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:30 pm

i think sales will be even worse in a years time.

after another year of the same uninteresting football, the club will purge itself of the last few fair weather fans and we'll be down to around 15,000 i think.

i still can't believe how fickle so much of our fan base is. sadly our club is no different to most other clubs in that the fans desert the club in their droves when the football isn't as good. we are no derby or forest, put it that way.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:33 pm

SwampCCFC wrote:i think sales will be even worse in a years time.

after another year of the same uninteresting football, the club will purge itself of the last few fair weather fans and we'll be down to around 15,000 i think.

i still can't believe how fickle so much of our fan base is. sadly our club is no different to most other clubs in that the fans desert the club in their droves when the football isn't as good. we are no derby or forest, put it that way.

We'll be very lucky to have 15,000 at the start of next season, never mind in a years time.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:34 pm

we have been saying it for a while now !!!! :bluescarf:

canton stand swapped for family stand - ninian stand 8 rows away from away fans create banter and atmosphere at home games with away supporters - get a small fraction of ninian park feeling back and generate an atmosphere - crowds will flock back players will be lifted with noise levels -

nothing to do with trouble - just creating atmosphere like 90 per cent of other clubs - and lose the Hitler tactics of stewards - have a better feeling set around the ground with stewards and fans keeping to all the rules set by the club without heavy hand dealings

listen to the fans - not just when things not going there way then pretending everything is fine when it clearly is not !

no fans --- no club --

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:35 pm

well if they had gone to leeds and Ipswich and saw those performances im sure more would re new
lets be fair we are getting better :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:35 pm

mallo wrote:we have been saying it for a while now !!!! :bluescarf:

canton stand swapped for family stand - ninian stand 8 rows away from away fans create banter and atmosphere at home games with away supporters - get a small fraction of ninian park feeling back and generate an atmosphere - crowds will flock back players will be lifted with noise levels -

nothing to do with trouble - just creating atmosphere like 90 per cent of other clubs - and lose the Hitler tactics of stewards - have a better feeling set around the ground with stewards and fans keeping to all the rules set by the club without heavy hand dealings

listen to the fans - not just when things not going there way then pretending everything is fine when it clearly is not !

no fans --- no club --

SPOT ON Mallo :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:36 pm

They sure are
I'm not happy with the football but hey go I go hoping it will change
To be honest the people not coming now the football ain't the best are as bad the people who just came because we were in the premiership
Come July I will be waiting for next season just like I am any season hopefully everyone does too !

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
2blue2handle wrote:I'm guessing bigger segregation between the fans would mean cheaper policing costs?

Luke, we already have at least 12 home games a season police free.

I believe its because they are trying to put us closer together, due awful season ticket sales in all parts of the ground.

Luke,Could help to make more matches Police free though :thumbright:

your probably right Annis.

Although im delighted they changed us back to blue asap I cant help but feel if it was announced over the summer it would have had a much bigger effect on season ticket sales.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 pm

bluebird12345 wrote:
SwampCCFC wrote:Come July I will be waiting for next season just like I am any season hopefully everyone does too !

:thumbright: :thumbright: :thumbright:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:46 pm

rhondda 1015 wrote:

We'll be very lucky to have 15,000 at the start of next season, never mind in a years time.

you think? thats less than half full!

if thats not a wake up call to the club i don't know what is.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:47 pm

all this poor football exscuses are bollocks
you either support your team or you don't end of :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:all this poor football exscuses are bollocks
you either support your team or you don't end of :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Steve, Totally agree with you :thumbright: :thumbright:

Bloody Hell :lol:

But the way Tan has divided our club and made us a laughing circus,will never be forgiven by many.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:57 pm

sorry annis cant agree
they will all come flooding back when we are in the top 6 and getting more wins consistently if tan is still here or not :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

Steve, Totally agree with you :thumbright: :thumbright:

Bloody Hell :lol:

But the way Tan has divided our club and made us a laughing circus,will never be forgiven by many.

just look how many season tickets we sold and how the crowds were and we were in fu..ing red with a shitty badge :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:02 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:sorry annis cant agree
they will all come flooding back when we are in the top 6 and getting more wins consistently if tan is still here or not :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Yeah when we are in the bottom three, they will be flooding out too :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:04 pm

WAKE UP

There are numerous reasons why people have not or are not going to renew.

Poor football just adds to it. :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:04 pm

1 adult and u16 for 250 is plenty. Loyalty works both ways. Took my support for granted . Drop your prices !!!!!!!

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:22 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

even if the prices were £150 higher per season ticket, if we were in the premiership, we'd have 28,000 crowds.

poor football is the reason. now we are back to blue and that horrible badge has gone, the football being boring is the only reason you'd not renew. unless you can't afford it. but somehow, i think many would still find the money and be supporting us waving their red scarves if we were still in the PL.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:34 pm

mallo wrote:we have been saying it for a while now !!!! :bluescarf:

no fans --- no club --

Completely agree :bluescarf:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:36 pm

blue lagoon wrote:1 adult and u16 for 250 is plenty. Loyalty works both ways. Took my support for granted . Drop your prices !!!!!!!

Fans have no right to complain about prices, the club have dropped them by £60-80 for next season :thumbup:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Success ......Simples.

No foreseeable success in the upcoming season, so season tickets sales are low.

Red kit, poor badge, shocking football, madman in charge were/are acceptable to the 20K floating fans when we were on the up.

There'll be around 8K season tickets next season, with 4K away and walk up until we start doing well again.

Tan will be in for one hell of a shock and I wonder how (if he will) he will stop the cyclone of failure.

The arrogance of the club has been astonishing and they need to get the families and young adults back.

The kids price should be £60 anywhere in the ground with a paying adult. I hate watching football behind the goal.
The unaccompanied kids/young adults price should be £150 for the Canton.....Get the little buggers jumping up and down like palace.

The club need to get the fans back, pricing is very direct, but works...... They will need to give a loyalty payment back to those who have paid already

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:54 pm

Amen to that
All these pathetic excuses doing my head in
Funny how they turned up still playing reasonable shit football in red and a awful badge
One crap season in the championship and they can't be arsed
Back in blue and a better badge than this season
Just shows all those come back to blue and I'll come where a load of lies
Anything gos wrong and they use that excuse
Come because you support Cardiff
That's what I'm doing

Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

You're telling somebody who is going to support his club next season to wake up?!

Those who need to wake up are all the ones making excuses not to go. If everybody walked away there wouldn't be CCFC anymore, yet so many seem content to let a hardcore keep the club alive whilst they sit back and decide when they will grace the stadium with their presence again.

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:08 pm

Carpe Diem wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

WAKE UP

You're telling somebody who is going to support his club next season to wake up?!

Those who need to wake up are all the ones making excuses not to go. If everybody walked away there wouldn't be CCFC anymore, yet so many seem content to let a hardcore keep the club alive whilst they sit back and decide when they will grace the stadium with their presence again.

I pointed out there are numerous reasons why people have not renewed! Was that hard to read?

As for people to wake up to their excuses! Well maybe they have, looks like they are in the majority too, with just the LITTLE hardcore left. Maybe it was these little hardcore who were calling for protests, marches etc

Ah well you will just have to fork some more of your money out to prop the club up till the majority decide to be treated better by the club :ayatollah:

Thu Apr 16, 2015 9:29 pm

And yet Slade wont get sacked