Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MY VIEW " NOT A GREAT MATCH/BUT HAPPY WITH THE RESULT "

Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:57 pm

My View/Opinion

" NOT A GREAT PERFORMANCE/BUT HAPPY WITH THE RESULT "

City struggled in this match but came away with a draw after a superb goal by McAleny :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sending City fans home to South Wales happy :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

READING 1 CARDIFF CITY 1

Marshall, Fabio, Peltier, Ecuele Manga, Morrison, Ralls, Noone, Whittingham, Gunnarsson, Doyle, McAleny.

subs: Moore, Malone, Gabbidon, Kennedy, O'Keefe, Adeyemi, Mason.

Crowd 17,953

1,600 Cardiff City fans made this short trip :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Cardiff City were looking to finish as high as possible in the League,whilst Reading had their eyes on Wembley,so today could City take advantage?

City players came out to a fantastic reception from our fans and the City fans were in full voice.
A pity about the team, as Reading attacked the whole back four just stood there and were all at fault,1 nil Reading after 4 mins

VIDEO READING/CARDIFF TODAYS GOALS
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156833

It continued to be all Reading and City were struggling to get it out of their half.

22nd minute City had their first shot,a shot from Fabio.

To be fair both teams look poor,no creativity in midfield and City not getting the ball to their forwards.

Fabio,so far best player out of a bad bunch.

Half-time

Reading 1 City 0

As usual City start the second-half better than first, MCaleny made a great run and looked a threat to Reading. :thumbright:

City now took control and it was 3 attacks in a row,led by Mcanely, Joe Mason was now on the pitch :thumbright:

After that Reading then made Marshal made a superb save,resulted in a corner which Reading then hit the crossbar. :o

Funny story is,City improved the second-half but Fabio made a few bad mistakes.

In the 90th McAleny scored a magnificent goal to make it 1-1 :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Slade came over to the travelling City fans at the end and applauded them :thumbright: :thumbright:

My Man of the Match McAleny :thumbright: :thumbright:

Not a great match,but to be fair a draw is a good result :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Up next Bolton Wanderers at home this Easter Monday :thumbright:

Re: MY VIEW " NOT A GREAT MATCH/BUT HAPPY WITH THE RESULT "

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:02 pm

The other results went our way to push us up to 13th above Leeds on goal difference every point helps and my motm Gunnarsson roll on Bolton. :thumbright:
Last edited by Rydogsccfc on Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:03 pm

Rydogsccfc wrote:The other results went our way to push us up to 13th above Leeds on goal difference every point helps and my motm Gunnarsson. :thumbright:

Great,let's keep climbing :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:17 pm

Fair play to Slade he came over to the fans at the end :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:22 pm

That's a fair reflection of the game Annis, you'll be writing for the Echo next season :thumbup:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:26 pm

carlccfc wrote:That's a fair reflection of the game Annis, you'll be writing for the Echo next season :thumbup:

:lol: Cheers Carl, but I can be straight to the point,but my grammar is not the best :lol: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:35 pm

I don't think any of us saw that goal coming. Complete surprise!

Good support today but i feel the end of the season can't come quick enough. A lot of changes needed.

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:37 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
carlccfc wrote:That's a fair reflection of the game Annis, you'll be writing for the Echo next season :thumbup:

:lol: Cheers Carl, but I can be straight to the point,but my grammar is not the best :lol: :thumbright:

If Steve Tucker can write an article then anyone can haha

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:39 pm

Mr Shed wrote:I don't think any of us saw that goal coming. Complete surprise!

Good support today but i feel the end of the season can't come quick enough. A lot of changes needed.

Your right,the way the match was heading looked like a defeat for City.
But as the saying goes,you never know :thumbright: :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:40 pm

nubbsy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

If Steve Tucker can write an article then anyone can haha

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I feel a bit better now :lol: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I sumned up the game and performance in one word a minute before we scored which was "uninspiring", from both teams in fact, but to be fair we have little to play for. I thought the front two were pretty in effective, Fabio was my man of the match, but was at fault for their goal. We have very little quality in midfield to open up defences and go route one with no height up front. Noone was once again very disappointing, he surely must either improve dramatically or shown the door. :bluescarf:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:45 pm

Leytonstoneblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I sumned up the game and performance in one word a minute before we scored which was "uninspiring", from both teams in fact, but to be fair we have little to play for. I thought the front two were pretty in effective, Fabio was my man of the match, but was at fault for their goal. We have very little quality in midfield to open up defences and go route one with no height up front. Noone was once again very disappointing, he surely must either improve dramatically or shown the door. :bluescarf:

First half Fabio man of the match I gave him, his mistakes is why I never gave him the whole game.
The game was uninspiring,but I am happy with a point :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:15 pm

Both teams were poor and the passing game we need now with this front 2 nowhere to be seen... April now and we still got no other ideas in mid than whitts & Gunnars? Fabio was busy and either sublime or hopeless but mainly the first. Great to see Mason back tho and a draw on the pitch + a win in the stands = a good day out
Top support while losing throughout the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Mel86 wrote:Both teams were poor and the passing game we need now with this front 2 nowhere to be seen... April now and we still got no other ideas in mid than whitts & Gunnars? Fabio was busy and either sublime or hopeless but mainly the first. Great to see Mason back tho and a draw on the pitch + a win in the stands = a good day out
Top support while losing throughout the game :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mel, That's about right :thumbright: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I thought the saying goes like this -

Hmmmmm......

Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:58 pm

Wow I thought that was an absolute shite performance from us today!
Never, ever thought we were going to get a point today but when that goal went in ...... it was brilliant! :lol:
:bluescarf:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:03 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Wow I thought that was an absolute shite performance from us today!
Never, ever thought we were going to get a point today but when that goal went in ...... it was brilliant! :lol:

Yes another Shi'ite performance against another Shi'ite team but we didn't lose again! Lost count people saying same thing, must be a shiiit league as so many teams play shittte? :laughing5:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:05 pm

davids wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I thought the saying goes like this -

Hmmmmm......

:lol:

That's my saying David

Hmmmmm :lol: :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:06 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:Wow I thought that was an absolute shite performance from us today!

We hardly did anything today,but got away with a point,that's why I've always said luck evens out over a season :thumbright:

Sat Apr 04, 2015 8:19 pm

We stood still as Reading Scored
VIDEO READING/CARDIFF TODAYS GOALS
link
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=156833 :shock:

Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:27 am

Agree, not a game hat will live in the memory.

But I am sure the Reading fan in the yellow shorts will be talking about it for years to come :ayatollah:

Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:29 am

Fusilier23 wrote:Agree, not a game hat will live in the memory.

But I am sure the Reading fan in the yellow shorts will be talking about it for years to come :ayatollah:

He had his 15 minutes of fame! :lol:

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:08 am

Fusilier23 wrote:Agree, not a game hat will live in the memory.

No, not a game to remember and most of Slades aren't but a point away from home is good :thumbright:

Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:39 pm

Slade will be gone season tickets sale, will be low if kept on.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:26 pm

Another good result :thumbright:

Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:38 pm

Ibby wrote:Slade will be gone season tickets sale, will be low if kept on.

They are keeping Slade,so season ticket sales will be low.

Sun Apr 05, 2015 10:09 pm

Santa Ponsa Blue wrote:Another good result :thumbright:

Not a bad point :thumbright: