" UPPER NINIAN STAND CLOSED NEXT SEASON "

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Postby Gavin » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:15 pm

As many expected the new tier will not be in use next season, back down tother the lower Ninian for me I guess.

Monday 39th March 2015

You can buy in the lower Ninian Stand :thumbright:

Not sure if this info has been posted already.
Life passes most people by while they're making grand plans for it.
Gavin

Advertisement

Advertisement
Login or Register to remove this ad.

Re: UPPER NINIAN STAND CLOSED NEXT SEASON

Postby mr'mogreenz » Mon Mar 30, 2015 12:35 pm

Should cover the seats with some big St Davids flags or something for next season then
mr'mogreenz

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:59 pm

[quote="Gavin"]As many expected the new tier will not be in use next season, back down tother the lower Ninian for me I guess.

Gavin, Common sense prevails :thumbright:
I spoke to Nash about it and we had only sold 8 season tickets for there,so they were withdrawn :thumbright:
Annis Jnr Author and Publisher of 7 Books.

My 7th Book is Available Now "MY STORY"

http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/books/buy-books/
http://www.annisabraham.co.uk/news/

My email : annisabraham@aol.com
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/annisabraham
Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:10 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Gavin wrote:As many expected the new tier will not be in use next season, back down tother the lower Ninian for me I guess.

I spoke to Nash about it and we had only sold 8 season tickets for there,so they were withdrawn :thumbright:

Will be thousands empty all over the ground :bluescarf:

If RS makes a poor start next season those who have paid will not turn up, canton and family section be the only ones full :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:13 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gavin wrote:As many expected the new tier will not be in use next season, back down tother the lower Ninian for me I guess.

If RS makes a poor start next season those who have paid will not turn up, canton and family section be the only ones full :ayatollah:

Family section was up to 50% empty this current season and will be worse next season.
Canton Stand has got emptier and emptier as the season has gone on,so far sales for next season are awful.

Forever Blue
Admin

Re: " UPPER NINIAN STAND CLOSED NEXT SEASON "

Postby Mr Moo Cow » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:22 pm

How many do you think we would have sold by 5pm tomorrow Annis ?
Mr Moo Cow

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:23 pm

Thank goodness, maybe our stadium will look a little less empty. There's absolutely no reason for that upper tier to be open until we're back near the top again.
JonCCFC

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Mr Moo Cow wrote:How many do you think we would have sold by 5pm tomorrow Annis ?

Hopefully over 2,000.

Fans have until tomorrow and hopefully plenty of applications come through the post :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:25 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Family section was up to 50% empty this current season and will be worse next season.
Canton Stand has got emptier and emptier as the season has gone on,so far sales for next season are awful.

When you say awful do you have any idea?

I must say my opinion is that RS and his management team do not inspire me at all. The team selection/formation and ability of some of the players leave a lot to be desired. I understand about cost cutting but it makes one feel we have no ambition to try and push on.

If you feel like this then one will be less inclined to part with any money for ST.

It's become so sad and I think the club has lost the plot. When the renewal date closes there must be some dismayed head scratching within the club. Maybe then someone will realise lol.

As I have pointed out before the big worry will be that people have moved on and whatever the club try will be to late :bluescarf:
Pulisnewport

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:27 pm

JonCCFC wrote:Thank goodness, maybe our stadium will look a little less empty. There's absolutely no reason for that upper tier to be open until we're back near the top again.

I like the optimism, it will be a long time before we get anywhere near the top of anything again. More likely a few seasons of relegation :bluescarf:
Pulisnewport

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:29 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:Thank goodness, maybe our stadium will look a little less empty. There's absolutely no reason for that upper tier to be open until we're back near the top again.

I like the optimism, it will be a long time before we get anywhere near the top of anything again. More likely a few seasons of relegation :bluescarf:

I bet you're great fun to sit next to at games :bluescarf:
JonCCFC

Postby Pulisnewport » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:33 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:

I bet you're great fun to sit next to at games :bluescarf:[/quote

I could borrow a few magic mushrooms off you if I sat by you :ayatollah:
Pulisnewport

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:38 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:I could borrow a few magic mushrooms off you if I sat by you :ayatollah:

Okay mate :thumbright:
JonCCFC

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:45 pm

It's a shame, I love the view up there.
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby adamt958 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:54 pm

I have posted my finance application over 3 weeks ago and not had a response yet :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
"It's Andy Campbell, it's in!" "Up,up and away to division one!"
adamt958

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

I must say my opinion is that RS and his management team do not inspire me at all. The team selection/formation and ability of some of the players leave a lot to be desired. I understand about cost cutting but it makes one feel we have no ambition to try and push on.

If you feel like this then one will be less inclined to part with any money for ST.

It's become so sad and I think the club has lost the plot. When the renewal date closes there must be some dismayed head scratching within the club. Maybe then someone will realise lol.

As I have pointed out before the big worry will be that people have moved on and whatever the club try will be to late :bluescarf:

Awful, in my opinion means well less than 2,000, compared to well over 10,000 this stage last season.
But,hopefully when all the applications come in,a few extra thousand have renewed :thumbright:

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby Woodville Willie » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:56 pm

This was inevitable given the lack of uptake for season tickets in the stand.

However, I agree that some serious flag drapery could improve the place. Still not happy with red seats.
True Blue
BLUE IS THE NEW BLUE!!!!
Woodville Willie

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:04 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Awful, in my opinion means well less than 2,000, compared to well over 10,000 this stage last season.
But,hopefully when all the applications come in,a few extra thousand have renewed :thumbright:

That's because we were in the Premier League
JonCCFC

Postby OriginalGrangeEndBlue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:10 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:This was inevitable given the lack of uptake for season tickets in the stand.

However, I agree that some serious flag drapery could improve the place. Still not happy with red seats.

They're our away colours!
Fine by me! :thumbup:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue

Postby Forever Blue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:13 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon, with thousands of Glory hunters.

Forever Blue
Admin

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:14 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:This was inevitable given the lack of uptake for season tickets in the stand.

They're our away colours!
Fine by me! :thumbup:

Away colours shouldn't be incorporated as part of a club's identity. The red away kit will only be a resemblance of Vincent Tan in my opinion because that was his compromise.
JonCCFC

Postby JonCCFC » Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:

Jon, with thousands of Glory hunters.

Correct Annis, and to be honest without them no club in the entire world would sell out stadiums
JonCCFC

Postby tinkerblue » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:31 pm

Every club has glory hunters,How many glory hunters will be after tickets for the next few Wales games same thing.
tinkerblue

Postby Bluebina » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:49 pm

OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:It's a shame, I love the view up there.

It is a shame, I tired it for one game this year, it was much better than my seat in the Grandstand, really good view, but it makes sense to close it as the ground is way too big for us at the moment.........
Bluebina

Postby Lawnmower » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:52 pm

Forever Blue wrote:

I bought 5 in there.
My mate rang up for his 2 today, but was told we have to move.
Shame as the view is excellent
Lawnmower

Postby bluespeers » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:58 pm

Monday 39th March 2015

Makes perfect sense really at least it will appear a bit full down below, :bluescarf: :ayatollah:
bluespeers

Postby 2blue2handle » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:13 pm

Makes sense, keeps fans together and saves on staffing.
2blue2handle

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Pulisnewport wrote:

Like your pessimism! :laughing6:
pembroke allan

Postby pembroke allan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:21 pm

If only sold 2k ST be around 8k at games if extemely lucky! :thumbup:
pembroke allan

Postby bridgendbluebird30 » Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:57 pm

It makes sense to close sections of the ground to save on costs however I cannot help but think that the club have shot themselves in the foot by making an uninspiring managerial appointment which has resulted in some abysmal football (albeit it has improved slightly over the past month). On top of that a lot of the quality that we did have has been offloaded.

I think that the club has taken fans for granted by saying one thing " our desire for promotion remains" whilst on the other hand they have offloaded too much quality to expect a top half finish. One would guess that the drop in fan numbers prompted the return to blue but unfortunately I think the poor football has taken its toll. Fans have voted with their feet for months. Even though season tickets have been paid for it looks like 5-6K have not bothered to turn up for each game. That's says a lot about what's being served up.
bridgendbluebird30

Next

Return to General Chat