Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " UPPER NINIAN STAND CLOSED NEXT SEASON "

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:29 pm

JonCCFC wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:This was inevitable given the lack of uptake for season tickets in the stand.

However, I agree that some serious flag drapery could improve the place. Still not happy with red seats.

They're our away colours!
Fine by me! :thumbup:

Away colours shouldn't be incorporated as part of a club's identity. The red away kit will only be a resemblance of Vincent Tan in my opinion because that was his compromise.

Exactly Jon. Canny clubs change their away kit regularly to generate merchandising and allow for some fans who may actually dislike an away kit.

Cardiff's away kit should be yellow IMO. The seats are just a reminder of a very difficult time for the club.

:bluescarf: :wave: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:38 pm

Let's face it if we are at the top or near the top and competitive then there will be loads of fans ,some people I know are glory boys only started going back after a long absent cause we got to the Carling cup final and thought we would get promoted ,

Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:56 pm

Not sure why the disdain for the glory hunters. The world has changed and he majority are only willing to pay for a good service or entertainment.

You got to give it to Vinnie he understands the commercial world better than those on here.

If the product is good people will come, we can lose 25% !!!!

The problem is we lost the 25% or their good will and the product is poor......... Over to you Vinnie, you never told us your plan for this.

Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:34 pm

Woodville Willie wrote:
JonCCFC wrote:
OriginalGrangeEndBlue wrote:
Woodville Willie wrote:This was inevitable given the lack of uptake for season tickets in the stand.

However, I agree that some serious flag drapery could improve the place. Still not happy with red seats.

They're our away colours!
Fine by me! :thumbup:

Away colours shouldn't be incorporated as part of a club's identity. The red away kit will only be a resemblance of Vincent Tan in my opinion because that was his compromise.

Exactly Jon. Canny clubs change their away kit regularly to generate merchandising and allow for some fans who may actually dislike an away kit.

Cardiff's away kit should be yellow IMO. The seats are just a reminder of a very difficult time for the club.

:bluescarf: :wave: :bluescarf:

Each to their own I guess but the red seats don't bother me in the slightest. The stand looks great IMO plus it's even better when you're up there.
Like I say it's a shame it's going to be closed but it does make sense financially.

Re: UPPER NINIAN STAND CLOSED NEXT SEASON

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:07 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gavin wrote:As many expected the new tier will not be in use next season, back down tother the lower Ninian for me I guess.

Not sure if this info has been posted already.

You can buy in the lower Ninian Stand :thumbright:

Gavin, Common sense prevails :thumbright:
I spoke to Nash about it and we had only sold 8 season tickets for there,so they were withdrawn :thumbright:

Will be thousands empty all over the ground :bluescarf:

If RS makes a poor start next season those who have paid will not turn up, canton and family section be the only ones full :ayatollah:

Family section was up to 50% empty this current season and will be worse next season.
Canton Stand has got emptier and emptier as the season has gone on,so far sales for next season are awful.

I renewed today and was told that the ticket office has been busier of late. Very few people around though.

I dropped into the shop, also pretty quiet & noticed it's still full of red tat, and not even being sold off that cheap ??

Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:25 pm

If we have 8,000 in the ground next season, then we Will have 25,000 empty seats, so shouldn't the club consider closing large sections of the ground off next season, try putting more fans together to help with the extremely poor atmospher at the CCS :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:12 pm

Renewed earlier this evening.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:12 am

Blueboys1927 wrote:If we have 8,000 in the ground next season, then we Will have 25,000 empty seats, so shouldn't the club consider closing large sections of the ground off next season, try putting more fans together to help with the extremely poor atmospher at the CCS :bluescarf: :bluescarf: :bluescarf:

You have a point. Trouble is, which sections? Bound to upset fans who like their spot.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:06 am

Renewed last night, only way forward IMO :ayatollah: :bluescarf:

Re: UPPER NINIAN STAND CLOSED NEXT SEASON

Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 am

Cardiff dyskinesia wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Pulisnewport wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:
Gavin wrote:As many expected the new tier will not be in use next season, back down tother the lower Ninian for me I guess.

Not sure if this info has been posted already.

You can buy in the lower Ninian Stand :thumbright:

Gavin, Common sense prevails :thumbright:
I spoke to Nash about it and we had only sold 8 season tickets for there,so they were withdrawn :thumbright:

Will be thousands empty all over the ground :bluescarf:

If RS makes a poor start next season those who have paid will not turn up, canton and family section be the only ones full :ayatollah:

Family section was up to 50% empty this current season and will be worse next season.
Canton Stand has got emptier and emptier as the season has gone on,so far sales for next season are awful.

I renewed today and was told that the ticket office has been busier of late. Very few people around though.

I dropped into the shop, also pretty quiet & noticed it's still full of red tat, and not even being sold off that cheap ??

Yes thankfully the last few days have picked dramatically and hopefully the post brings more in :thumbright:

At least it's well past the 2,000 mark now.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:48 pm

While the attendances will be down, to say we will have 8,000 is abs

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:50 pm

While the attendances will be down, to say we will have 8,000 is absurd. It will fluctuate but you can bet we will see 18-20 for the first game. If we struggle then attendances will struggle, if we're doing well they will flock to the ccs. Some nice positivity over the summer will help :thumbup:

Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Stringfellow wrote:While the attendances will be down, to say we will have 8,000 is absurd. It will fluctuate but you can bet we will see 18-20 for the first game. If we struggle then attendances will struggle, if we're doing well they will flock to the ccs. Some nice positivity over the summer will help :thumbup:

We'll sell 8-10k season tickets and average 12-14k if mid table or struggling and 16-20k maybe more if we do well.

Too much drama and negativity going around

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:
Stringfellow wrote:While the attendances will be down, to say we will have 8,000 is absurd. It will fluctuate but you can bet we will see 18-20 for the first game. If we struggle then attendances will struggle, if we're doing well they will flock to the ccs. Some nice positivity over the summer will help :thumbup:

We'll sell 8-10k season tickets and average 12-14k if mid table or struggling and 16-20k maybe more if we do well.

Too much drama and negativity going around

Does that mean you think you'll have more empty seats than occupied ones? If so, that'll hurt Vincent Tan, assuming he'll bothers to turn up, that is.

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:19 pm

Cardiff City announce Ninian Stand extension closure

By Pascal Lemesre, Championship Correspondent
Last Updated: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 at 20:33 UK
Cardiff City have announced that the upper tier extension of the Ninian Stand will be closed for club matches next season, less than a year after it was built.

The Bluebirds have struggled back in the Championship this season after relegation from the Premier League, leading to poor season-ticket sales ahead of next term.

Supporters who have bought seats in the upper tier will be offered a move elsewhere.

The Welsh national team will continue to use the stadium for their Euro 2016 qualifiers and the extension will be available for their remaining home qualifiers.